Last ever cocoon in the park...

OllieNotts

Anyone bothering?
Line up is a bit meh but the pull for me and my mates is 4 hours of sven in the sun and it's the last one soooooo....
Weve booked an apartment with Airbnb 10 minutes from centre, staying sat and sun so Sunday recovery will be done pub hopping in Leeds hopefully in the same glorious weather we had last year!

On a side note with the ibiza cocoon now this we think its inevitable hes starting to wind down to semi retirement and we cant blame him.
The label doesnt attract much of the younger generation and amen to that anyway but I think going forward less sven/cocoon will be a good thing anyway as in theory itll pack the nights he does.

I've been to everyone of these so far but dont think i can make the last one, a bit gutted its finishing as it was always a good day!

Last edited:
It’s less than 15 miles south of where I’m based. It was very good last year. Terrific line up, great music, good food options, affordable drinks and good travel connectons. I was really looking forward to it again this year. Then I saw that line up. Wtf? I won’t be attending.

Who eats food at an outdoor event like this? Ha ha
I'm begrudge the cost but as its last one and sven in the sun for 4 hours plus Fitzpatrick I'm gonna make the effort as I wont get the chance again

The lineup to this is a complete disgrace. Would suit abode and not cocoon.

Say alot about the state of this label nowadays imo.

Cocoon in the park has been more weighted towards house than techno than normal Cocoon events for a while now.

Fakes neeeeewwwssss jjjjjaaaaa ha ha.
Best cocoon in leeds ive been to and sven destroyed us with 2 hours of absolute pounding techno like sven of old its the best set ive seen of him in years!
Wish i had the chance to do it all again tomorrow was a f***ing belter!
Spannered to f*** now and time to try and sleep.

Yeah was a very good day but to be fair i've never had a bad day at CITP. Patrick Topping, Eats Everything and Alan Fitzpatrick warmed the crowd up perfectly for Carl Craig and Sven!

Even with it been the busiest yet, there was still no issues with queues at the bar, toilets etc... another very well organised event!

Back