Las Perlas Aparthotel, San Antonio Bay.

C

craigyt2k1

Evening all, i am going to ibiza for the first time and im going to san antonio bay, the las perlas aparthotel. Has anyone been there before and if you have, whats it like? i have heard both good and bad about it on review sites but i need more opinions, thanks very much.

Craig

Cya there 2nd till 16th august :D :D

LAS PERLAS WA HEYYYY -THE BORO LADS ON TOUR 2004

ORITE M8 , YE WE'RE GOIN TO BE POPPING OUR CHERRIES AT LAS PERLAS UN ALL , WE'RE ARRVING ON THE 31ST OF JULY STAYING FOR 2 WEEKS CYA THERE MARRA

I've stayed here twice, both times in mid July, first time was in 2000, second was last year. The apartments are basic, clean and the staff are very friendly. When I stayed it was predominantly young groups staying there but there were some families etc, tend to find they were ok with loud music/other noises coming from rooms within reason (i.e. as long as no-one complains). Never really used the restaurant or bar facilities within the hotel as there is loads of reasonably priced choice (indian, chinese, european) just across the road aswell as cheap supermarkets etc. Anna the hotel entertainer (if she's still there this year) is different class, you'll have a ball with her. The pool area is great for during the day, plenty of sunloungers further away from screamin kids etc in the pool so you can get a bit of r & r if need be. The hotel sells reasonably priced tickets for all major clubs and are only too happy to arrange taxi's etc for you. Gettin to the main area of the town (if you want to go there that is!) where Eden, Es Paradis etc are can be a bit of a treck (probably about 45 minutes) but if you leave early enough you can catch a water taxi (up until about 10'ish I think) from near enough right outside the apartments that'll take you into the town for about 80p and normal taxi's are dead cheap aswell.

Only grip with the hotel was the constant abuse I got from the maids, I wouldn't say our room was any worse than could be expected and we were making a reasonable effort to keep it respectable but every other morning this made would burst in and shout at us till we got up even if we said we didn't want our room done, which was a bit annoyin, one mornign she actually pulled the bedcovers n everythin off me so i'd get up.

I thought it was very basic but clean and comfortable, they were decent value for money and quite well suited to the younger crowd. I'd be staying in them again this year but I opted to stay a wee bit closer to the town so I could get up to the sunset strip a bit more.

umbongo said:
there is loads of reasonably priced choice (indian, chinese, european) just across the road
aswell as cheap supermarkets etc.
orite m8!! :p

1057172617_p6140001.jpg

the very one! that actually looks like it's taken from the balcony of the room we stayed in last year!!

i hope its a decent hotel as im sending my mates there for a week n they will kill me if its dodgy!!! so if you dont see me around here after may you all know whats happened :lol:

i stayed there two years ago. the water taxi runs right up til 12. The best thing to do before you head out is to go to one of the hotels down the coast a little (heading into town). i cant remember the name of the hotel but it was a thompson freestyle hotel and they had loads to do in the evening like pub quizzes and singing contests and somehow we always managed to win a cheap bottle of fizzy wine even though we werent staying in that hotel.

we had a problem with cockroaches in las perlas on the first night, they were living in the bedee so bring a can of raid with you, but the hotel staff moved us to a new room which was fine for the rest of the 2 weeks.

Back