Larsson - I'm entering into talks about my future

Jonny68

Please come back to Celtic Henke (my footballing idol, :lol:)

I'm entering into talks about my future

I arrived home on Thursday from a holiday in South Africa to discover there have been all sorts of rumours about where I'm going next and there have even been 'sightings' of me in Glasgow!

Well, it's all very flattering that people care and if they want you to come to their team that is really nice. I'm glad that I'm wanted anywhere and I appreciate people's interest. But the honest fact is that I still haven't made any decision about what I'm going to do.

I'm going to have a chat with the board here at Helsingborg this weekend about a few things and then I'll take my time and decide what I'm going to do. There are a few things that I need to discuss at Helsingborg.

quote66.gif
Unfortunately anybody who thinks I'll be making a quick decision is going to be disappointed.
quote99.gif

Whatever decision I make won't have anything to do with economics. It's a number of other things. There are lots of personal factors and football factors to consider. Unfortunately anybody who thinks I'll be making a quick decision is going to be disappointed. This a very important time and I have to make the right choices.

On another note I couldn't believe it when Celtic and Barcelona were drawn together in the Champions League again. It will be a lovely game between two great teams.

I had seven fantastic years at Celtic Park and I had two great years in Spain. They are both amazing football clubs and two of the biggest sides in the world. It's right that two clubs like that should be playing each other at this level – it's where they both belong.

At this stage of the tournament it's all about the quality of the players and how they perform on the day. You really can't call it because it's just down to those 90 minutes and who steps up. I'm just sure it will be very exciting to watch and I can't wait.

Submit this story to:
Furl | Reddit | Newsvine | NowPublic
bit.gif
bit.gif
Comment on this diary
Comment: Name: Any comments that may be made by third-party contributors (via comments to posts) are the views of that contributor and not Icons.com. Please treat this message board, the players, and fellow contributors with respect.
Please tick this box to confirm that you agree with and will abide by our message board rules.

Previous comments on this diary entry
bit.gif
Connor wrote on 11-Jan-2008 19:12PM:Best of luck in whatever you decide to do Henrik, you deserve it.
bit.gif
Marcus from Uddingston wrote on 11-Jan-2008 19:08PM:Henrik....please come back to your spiritual home in Paradise. You are adored here and you are still loved in this part of the World. Whatever you do, we all still love you at Celtic. You are the King of Kings. We are all dying to sing that again, come back wee man. I will see about getting you a nice house in Bothwell.

All the best for you and your family in the future
bit.gif
Kenny D..Birmingham wrote on 11-Jan-2008 19:06PM:Henrik....A full Villa park would welcome you here in Birmingham. To be reunited with Martin O'Niel would be a marriage made in heaven. Either side of you would be very talented young players in Ashley Young and Gabby Abonglahor. Please consider a move to Villa...you wont regret it.
bit.gif
wrote on 11-Jan-2008 19:04PM:Henrik you are a true gentleman in football. I was watching your last game on Celtic Tv the other day and when you were leaving the pitch in tears for the final time with the crowd cheering you it was all very emotional even now. Good luck in whatever you do, and Hail Hail
bit.gif
MarC wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:51PM:Celtic Park is just not the same without you! Please come home so as we can sing "the king of kings" a few more times, we miss it!!!!!

If you can't, all the best for the future!
bit.gif
john from belfast wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:49PM:henrik just think of running out against barca again and also playing another 3 oldfirm games we need you henrik come back and give this club the lift we need to win 3 in a row and also to sing your name loud and proud again every celtic supporter will be full of joy if you sign again henrik man women and child please make us happy again when skys are grey come back for one last time we love you henrik.
bit.gif
David wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:25PM:Henrik please have a long think about a transfer back to Celtic. We love you, you are the King of Kings and you are the magnificent 7 for Glasgow Celtic.
No matter what your decision is I wish you and your family all the very best for the future.
God bless.
bit.gif
Joakim wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:25PM:Hej Henrik!
Alla väntar på ditt beslut och vi ska inte stressa dig, men av hela våra hjärtan så hoppas vi verkligen att du stannar i Helsingborgs IF. Inte bara för att du är en fantastisk fotbollsspelare, du är unik både på och utanför planen. Jag har vid flera tillfällen träffat dig på och utanför Olympia och du ska veta att du är en stor idol för mig. Aldrig sett en människa som ger så mycket på en fotbollsplan. Jag hoppas verkligen du tar det rätta beslutet. Diskutera med din familj och HIF och så hoppas vi att du visar vart ditt hjärta hör hemma.

Länge leve kung Larsson!
Hälsningar
Joakim
bit.gif
Tommy Gibbons wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:18PM:Dear Henrik, (i hope you don't mind me calling you Henrik).
It would be a great honour for us if you ever decided to come back to Celtic Park and finish your playing career with us.
You know you are adhored here and we miss you.
Good luck with your decision.
I wish you and your family all the very best of health and happiness for the future.
Tommy.
bit.gif
paul kinlan celtic supporter wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:10PM:come on home henrik!! You know you want to... seriously do what your heart tells you to do and all the best..
bit.gif
brian mckenna wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:04PM:please come back to celtic and help s make it 3 in a row
your the king of kings so please please please come back
hail hail to the king
bit.gif
markybhoy wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:04PM:henrik, please come home.
bit.gif
Adam wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:03PM:We need your help Henrik! You lifted the European Cup with Barcelona and you can now lift the European Cup with Celtic! How awesome would that be?
bit.gif
Gally wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:03PM:Enjoy reading your pages Henrik, i was wondering when will we see you back at CP for a personal appearance? would be great to see you back, i think half time against Barca would be an appropriate time to see you again, both sets of fans idolised you and would be great to give you another cheer! Hail Hail !!
bit.gif
Georgiebhoy wrote on 11-Jan-2008 18:02PM:Henrik,

Follow your heart mate.

All the way back to Celtic park, I hope. We could do with a bit of HL inspiration.

You'll always be welcome back in your 2nd home.
George
bit.gif
ctm wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:50PM:I must be the only Celtic supporter who thinks you shouldn't come back Henrik. Yes you would carry on from where you left off and bring great joy into our hearts, but I couldn't stand having to say goodbye to you all over again. You will always be the King of Kings no matter what you decide.
bit.gif
Henke Larrson CSC #1 wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:50PM:Henke, Celtic need you. I'm sure Jordan would love to come back o Glasgow as well.
You know you are truly considered a legend at Celtic park, and thats a tag thats used too often but you really are. Even the Lisbon Lions adored you.
We need a proven goalscorer and Scott MacDonald could learn so much from you. And then who knows maybe Strachan will go in the summer and you and Lambo can become first team coaches under the management of Tommy Burns.
bit.gif
Paul McG wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:39PM:Henrik, please read this before you make your decision!
http://www.celticminded.com/showthread.php?t=482512
bit.gif
peter v wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:26PM:please come to villa park you would suit our type of play and would be a signing that would impress europe seeing you are one of the best to grace football in the last 10 years

ps join villa
bit.gif
john ontario. wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:21PM:Hi Henrik. Hail Hail From the celtic supporters legions in north america and hawaii and carribean cscs best wishes on your retirement.
bit.gif
The Emerald wrote on 11-Jan-2008 17:16PM:please Henke, come back to paradise!!

Everyone would love to see you back in the hoops once again.

Whatever you decide, good luck

Hail Hail

bit.gif
Jim H - Villa Fan wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:58PM:I hope the links I've heard are true and you WOULD consider a move to Villa Park. In your glittering carreer you have played in some wonderful stadiums, but if you would love to add a bit of extra CLASS to a team striving to get back into Europe, I'm sure you would revel in the Villa Park atmosphere. The fans would adore you and warmly welcome you into our family. This club is on the brink of achieving great things things and we would love you to be part of it. You came along on the crest of a wave to lift anther great team in Manchester United, and you could do it again with Villa.
We all hope you have a happy and successful year - hopefully with us.
bit.gif
md wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:52PM:henke, do the right thing and come back to celtic!!!! we have a wee game against the other team from glasgow coming up and im sure they would be very pleased to see you back!!! whatever you choose to do next you will allway be the best player i have ever seen in the hoops. good luck
bit.gif
Owen Ritchie wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:47PM:please Henrik come back. Us Celtic fans praise the ground which you walk on. You are truely Henrik Larsson The King of Kings. End your career where it really began . please. You'll Never Walk alone.
bit.gif
Josh fae Coatbridge wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:44PM:Henrik what ever u decide it will be the correct decision anyway if we dont see u in the hoops again then hopefully we will see young Jordan in them one day all the best Henke (The King Of Kings)
bit.gif
wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:42PM:
bit.gif
Peter McK wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:31PM:Henrik, never made an appeal to anyone in my life, I'm a bloody old stubborn fool most of the time and do listen to no-one but myself, but today someone said to if you had to ask someone for anything what would it be, I said "ask Henrik Larsson to don the hoops again for those who never seen him play for us", a true Celtic living legend you are.

Just getting that chance to see you play for us for a short while, would be like winning the Champions league, for the sheer excitement, ecstasy and occasion to have you come back in the hoops again.

So there you go I've asked.

Do dreams come true, only you know the answer to that Henrik.

Good luck in whatever you do in life.
Hail Hail
bit.gif
Ryan in Canada wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:28PM:No matter what you decide Henrik, we will always love you. It was a privilage and an honour to watch you for 7 years. Thank God for Henrik Larsson!
bit.gif
J Mulholland wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:22PM:Hi, Henrik,

I wish you all the best, as always. The front door at Parkhead is always open for you.

Jack.
bit.gif
Bomber Brown, Dumfries wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:06PM:All the best Ghod. You are a legend and have millions of fans throughout the world who idolise you. If you could come back to Celtic for the rest of the season even if it is only to show Venegor Of Hessilink how to score. Also you could sack Strachan and become manager!!!!

WE LOVE YOU HENKE!!!!
bit.gif
kenny gilmour wrote on 11-Jan-2008 16:02PM:the ultimate legend
bit.gif
Kev M wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:46PM:Still a legend Henrik , King of Kings ! Best of luck on whatever you decide im sure you still another few season left at the highest level. You represented Celtic with distinction for 7 years a hero for many.
Celtic Forever
bit.gif
TK (South Africa) wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:39PM:Hola Henrik!

Where about in South Africa did you go on holiday? Beach or game reserves?

Viva 2010!
bit.gif
stephen in glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:33PM:good luck in what ever you choose hail hail
bit.gif
Clarets99 wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:31PM:Is it true you're signing for Aston Villa??
bit.gif
Kev wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:26PM:Good luck in whatever decision you make Henrik. You truly are the King of Kings and it would be the most amazing thing to see you pull on the hoops again. Hail hail!!
bit.gif
Tony -Glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:23PM:Hi Henrik

Well first of all,hope you and your family had a great time on holiday,whatever you decide to do in the future the Celtic family will always be supporting you from near or far,you gave us 7 unbelievable years of your life and for that we will always be grateful.It has been reported that you are undecided about your future and I would just like to say good luck in whatever you and your family decide to do.

Yours in Celtic

Tony From Glasgow
bit.gif
Pheebs wrote on 11-Jan-2008 15:20PM:Come on on Henrik, come back to Paradise.

Hail hail, the King of Kings.
bit.gif
Paul McG wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:50PM:Come back Henke for the 23rd Jan and to help us to Moscow.

HAIL HAIL to the KING OF KINGS

Paul from Glasgow
bit.gif
WILLIE -GRANGEMOUTH wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:49PM:COME HOME HENRIK YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE HAIL HAIL
bit.gif
Glenn - Rhondda Valleys wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:49PM:Cheers Ghod all the best wherever/whatever you decide.
Hail Hail
bit.gif
Hail Hail wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:40PM:For anyone who hasn't seen this. Even you Henrik.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5bm7Lhl1o

Long live the king!!
bit.gif
Mike - Hampshire wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:24PM:Henrik, would be an honour to see you in the Hoops for the remainder of this season. And you could see Lennoxtown as well! Then hopefully Celtic offer you a job as ambassador for the club. Thanks for seven amazing years and whatever you decide, all the very best of luck to you and your family. Hail Hail to the King of Kings
bit.gif
wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:21PM:
bit.gif
David McLaughlin wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:09PM:Thanks for 7 superb years KING.and no matter what you decide ,you will have the backing of millions of hoops fans aroud the world.god bless
bit.gif
Raymund MacVicar, France. wrote on 11-Jan-2008 14:03PM:Best of luck to you Henrik , wherever you play in 2008.
Why not have a great 5 months in Glasgow. Your wife and family will have a ball, meeting up with old friends and seeing their school mates again. You know it makes sense :))

PS. If you have a spare ticket for the CL game in the Nou Camp, can you contact me:))))
bit.gif
Craig Morton wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:57PM:Your a legend Henrik. Good luck in whatever you do (sign for Celtic again please!!!)
bit.gif
The Dussler wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:52PM:Henke, you truly are the King of Kings and whichever decision you make, i'm sure it will be the correct ones.

The Celtic fans will give you their full backing regardless.

Thank you Henrik and Hail Hail!
bit.gif
TD, Glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:51PM:Good luck Henrik in whatever you do next (except if you sign for Rangers!). You would be welcome back at Celtic Park any day of the week. A true great!
bit.gif
Andy McCahill wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:51PM:Whatever you do, thanks for the memories. You really lit up scotland when you were here.
bit.gif
Kevin Joyce wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:50PM:Henke, Im a mad Celtic fan from Glasgow and just to stay good luck wherever you go, I would love it to be celtic but its your choice. Thanks for the best seven years of my life.
bit.gif
cheenster7 wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:42PM:Henke, good luck to you wherever you decide to go.If it's Celtic I will pay your flight over myself and I'm sure I could put you and your family up for a few months as well!
bit.gif
Ciaran, Dublin wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:41PM:Whatever you decide to do, all the very best now and in the future Henrik. Thanks for 7 marvellous years at Celtic - but if there's even the tiniest chance of coming back for a few more games, please consider it. It would be a very special comeback. All the best!
bit.gif
dave wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:38PM:Henrik.you know that if you come back to Celtic, you will be given a heroes welcome.Make an old Tim happy and return home to us.
bit.gif
wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:33PM:Henrik, is there no chance of signing for Morton ?
bit.gif
Paul J in London - watching closely.. hoping! wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:32PM:Well as mu c as I'd love to be there to watch you score against the great unwashed Mr Larsson... I'm not sure I could take you leaving us again!
That said - I'm sure I could get over it.
Come on you know you want to.... bang in a couple of goals - could you imagine how many you'd get with Nakamura's crossing?? Plus I'm sure you miss cold rainy Bothwell!

Joking aside, whatever you decide to do good luck!
bit.gif
Davie, Carfin wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:29PM:Henrik,

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. I am sure it will be the right decision for you and your family.
Obviously I would love to see you back in the Hoops, but if not, Thank you anyway for those 7 Glorious Years.

Henrik Larsson - The King of Kings!

PS - As someone mentioned earlier Henrik as Guest of Honour for the Barca game at Celtic Park would be a fantastic idea.
bit.gif
Kev, Auchterderran wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:27PM:I like all celtic supporters, would love nothing more, than to see you once again wearing the green & white hoops...

But you & your families happiness comes first. Enjoy your life Henrik whatever you choose to do.
bit.gif
Paul, Dublin wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:26PM:All the best whatever you decide to do Henrik, would be great to see you back in the Hoops and getting a goal or 2 on Jan 23rd!! Hope you get to the Barca game as a spectator if not as a player!

LEGEND - HAIL HAIL
bit.gif
Nick wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:24PM:Come back, train at the new Lennoxtown complex. Catch up with old friends and BANG a goal or 2 or 8 against the Rangers!! Win the league and join the Stopped 10 in a row party end of the season :D

RIP phil O'Donnell
bit.gif
Eamonn wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:23PM:Henrik, I'm sure you'll no doubt be aware of the sad passing of Phil O'Donnell. It's been a very sad time, not just around and outside of Glasgow, but for Scottish football as a whole. There's a cracking picture in your "gallery" section of you and Phil (number 11) celebrating the winning of the league in 1998-what a day that was!! Celtic's first game back since the tragedy is on Saturday, at home to Stirling Albion. I'm sure the club will pay a fitting tribute to someone who has since cemented his place in Celtic folklore.

As for yor decision; half of the city is, of course, divided in speculation of your "return" to Scotland, with the majority of Govan currently blocking all the roads to Paradise from the Glasgow airport... here's hoping you fly to Prestwick instead!

Best wishes to you and the family for 2008! Hail Hail
bit.gif
Frank, Aberdeen wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:18PM:Henrik

Thanks for the memories of 7 wonderful years, the one and only true special one.
bit.gif
Tom (motherwell0 wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:12PM:Henrik
come back and see you friends in Bothwell have a round or two at the golf course and do whats best for your family you would give cp a tremedous lift
bit.gif
Tony from Glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 13:10PM:I think it would be very fitting if Henrik was made guest of honour at the forthcoming Celtic vs Barcelona game at Celtic Park. Both sets of fans adore him and it would be the perfect opportunity for the hoops fans to show their appreciation

As for your future.....regardless of what you choose it is almost certain you will be a success

Hail Hail to the King
bit.gif
Mar.acas wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:34PM:I hope he stays in Sweden. I mean , it's better that way from nearly every angle you look
bit.gif
Ciaran McQuade wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:23PM:Come on Henke - you know you want to come back and score one last goal at Celtic Park for the hoops to right that wrong!!!!

Please! 5 months back in the hoops and fire us to domestic and maybe even a little Euro glory
bit.gif
David wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:21PM:I have only been able to watch your Celtic dvd "The Bhoy Who Would Be King" once, because I end up in tears at how I was able to watch you.

If you returned to Glasgow for Celtic, it would be the best day of my life.

Regardless of your decision I hope you enjoy where ever you go, because you deserve it.

Hail hail Henrik, the King of Kings
bit.gif
J Friberg w Family wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:08PM:Take your time Henrik. Me and my son hope to see you soon again. Somewere somehow sometime...
bit.gif
Allan wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:07PM:There's a place for you in that Celtic V Barcelona game Henke, Come back and get your last goal at Parkhead, for the Hoops!!!

Your people need.

Ohh
Henrik Larsson
Henrik Larsson
Hinrik larsson is the King of Kings!!
bit.gif
wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:05PM:
bit.gif
D.Bhoy wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:05PM:Henrik, good to see that you've not entirely ruled out a return to Celtic Park. C'mon, you know you want to! :eek:)

Whatever you do I wish you all the best. You are, and always will be, a Celtic LEGEND and up there with Jimmy Johnstone and the like.

p.s. it would be nice to see you at Celtic Park for the Barca game. I'm sure Peter Lawell will be able to get you a ticket or two.
bit.gif
Jim, Glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:01PM:Henrik, come back please! We need you! Hail Hail!
bit.gif
Jim, Glasgow wrote on 11-Jan-2008 12:01PM:Henrik, come back please! We need you! Hail Hailhttp://www.icons.com/HL/diary.html?11.1.08

Henrik....please come back to your spiritual home in Paradise. You are adored here and you are still loved in this part of the World. Whatever you do, we all still love you at Celtic. You are the King of Kings. We are all dying to sing that again, come back wee man. I will see about getting you a nice house in Bothwell.

PMSL:lol::lol::lol:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHWWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH

there goes the give-a -fu.ck train

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHWWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH

there goes the give-a -fu.ck train

I'm sure you don't mate but it would be an absolutely momentous occasion for us if the king of kings was to return to Paradise,he is IMO the greatest ever player to play for Celtic.

I'm convinced I was the greatest player ever to play for my university dormitory's volleyballl team... doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, does it Jonny? :lol: ;)

allow me! Most things can be solved by equatuion.

(football fan of club not in own country + snippet of a rumour X hope) / random mutterings from an internet board

= new spotlight thread

allow me! Most things can be solved by equatuion.

(football fan of club not in own country + snippet of a rumour X hope) / random mutterings from an internet board

= new spotlight thread

are you trying to imply there's something wrong with supporting a football team outside of your own country?:eek:

Not that it matters but i do also support my local club as well.

are you trying to imply there's something wrong with supporting a football team outside of your own country?:eek:

Not that it matters but i do also support my local club as well.

It's a bit weird - it's just about religion innit? And there are rumours that this religion lark may be some what fictional. So it's kind of like supporting Liverpool because you watched Brookside (nothing wrong witthat may I add).:);)

It's a bit weird - it's just about religion innit? And there are rumours that this religion lark may be some what fictional. So it's kind of like supporting Liverpool because you watched Brookside (nothing wrong witthat may I add).:);)

It's nothing to with religion in the slightest you nutter, im the most UNRELIGIOUS person you can meet, im totally not into any of that at all,and personally i resent anyone saying so as well, im a football fan first and foremost.

It's nothing to with religion in the slightest you nutter, im the most UNRELIGIOUS person you can meet, im totally not into any of that at all,and personally i resent anyone saying so as well, im a football fan first and foremost.

well...why Celtic then - it's like me supporting...Swansea. If you have an affiliation with Glasgow, then why not say, Rangers?

Back