Lady Vadera - green shoots

WeLuvIbiza

She is one of the best ministers in the Labour party imo.

Her remarks were poorly timed, but could there be a tiny shred of hope in what she said? A highly intelligent woman, would she really have made such a gaffe if there was no semblance of truth in it?

Now the fortune of the UK economy is linked so strongly with the housing market, the rate cuts surely will have an effect. Some national builders have reported renewed interest in the property market. House price drops are slowing. Libor is low.

Could be looking up sooner than we think :)

Hard for those that have recently lost jobs to look on the bright side, but we all need to at the moment....

she is directly responsible for the PPP disaster which is making the tube in london so rubbish.

vile lady

in a way, I feel sorry for politicians because if they are lie they are accused of being disingenuous, if they tell the truth, they are accused of making gaffes

either way, she's 5hit, they're sh1t, the tories are sh1t

chancers who know jack about economics and manipulate the facts to advance their own poxy careers

basically the best thing the country can do is take one massive dose of valium to see us through what is already proving a terrible recession and highly likely to get worse...

she is directly responsible for the PPP disaster which is making the tube in london so rubbish.

vile lady

Not being a londoner I was unaware of this, will read what she has done. I thought she seemed like a sharp cookie:oops:

basically the best thing the country can do is take one massive dose of valium to see us through what is already proving a terrible recession and highly likely to get worse...

That would be a vote winner, free valium til it's all over, not a bad idea :lol::lol::lol:

Libor is low.

and so are the banks balance sheets.

citgroup has annouced losses of $8.29bn in the last quarter of 08.

I personally dont think the banks will want to sell any mortgages to anyone unless they have a very good credit history, AND at least 20% deposit.

The interviewer apparently used the term "green shoots" in their questioning ( a reference to Norman Lamont's quotation when the last recession was starting to wane) and she responded in kind. Her answer in full was roughly, "yeah it's really **** out there it ain't over yet, but their are some "green shoots" to be positive about"

Usual case of selective reporting, taking something out of context to make a story when there isn't one, and she's a gullible mare for walking into it.

Personally the only green shoots i see are in my garden and it's all i can hope for to keep everyone who works for me employed this year. Positives are the recovery will come and i think it will return ( in my game) with a vengence.

Hopefully it will kill off the Bling Bling / weekend millionaire culture this country has fallen into and make people value the money in their pocket a bit more.

Hamrumph!!

What's your game, Mark (if it's not a secret)?

It was comical when Mandelson was asked about the incident later. He was asked something like;

"Will she be using the term 'green shoots' again?"

He gave a demonic smile and said "No she won't!"

This whole crisis since mid last year has made me take a much keener interest in the fortunes of our country and it's economy. I have never really been affected by previous downturns or recession since leaving school.

Back