Ladies - Suncreams for face?

Emma_1983

Hey girls

Thinking of investing in a more expensive type of suncream for my face as want to protect it from the old wrinkles :confused: Anyone recommend any good ones? Had a look at Clinique and Clarins so far....not sure how they rate compared to lower price suncreams?

Hey girls

Thinking of investing in a more expensive type of suncream for my face as want to protect it from the old wrinkles :confused: Anyone recommend any good ones? Had a look at Clinique and Clarins so far....not sure how they rate compared to lower price suncreams?

I have quite a bit of sun damage on my face unfortunately, dark patches from years of not covering up in the sun.

I have started using Johnsons Face 30+ factor and its definately helped so I am happy with that little find....

Emma - please do go for full face protection - the marks on mine are awful.... I wish I had bothered years ago..... :spank:

Hi Emma - a good decision; I've got hyperpigmentation on my forehead due to sun for which I've had two laser treatments now to get rid of it-auch!!!. Suncream doesn't have to be that expensive though. I have L'oreal's Solar stick Protecteur SPF 50 and it does the job very well and does not stink! If only I had listened to my mum 10 years ago :spank:.

Hi Emma - a good decision; I've got hyperpigmentation on my forehead due to sun for which I've had two laser treatments now to get rid of it-auch!!!. Suncream doesn't have to be that expensive though. I have L'oreal's Solar stick Protecteur SPF 50 and it does the job very well and does not stink! If only I had listened to my mum 10 years ago :spank:.

That's where mine is - how well do you think the laser treatment has worked? I am considering it on the sun damage on my face.... :?:?:confused:

I have two age spots one on each cheek!

I use Nivea Q10 face cream with spf 15

Then when I sunbathe I use Nivea Sun factor 30. I haven't used yet but that is my plan, even though I sunbathed at lunch time without it :oops:

how much and how many sessions did it take?

Did it work?

how much and how many sessions did it take?

Did it work?

I've had 2 sessions now, first time fractional laser for the whole face and the second time another kind of laser just for the hyperpigmentation. It does work but in my case one session or even two are not enough so going for the third and hopefully last time next week. Pigmentation is definitely fading away and the overall appearance of the skin is a lot better.

Sessions set me back EUR 495 for the fractional and EUR 95 for the single area for my forehead. I've tried everything before from whitening creams to microdermabrasion without success so this is my last resort :twisted:!

I have two age spots one on each cheek!

I use Nivea Q10 face cream with spf 15

Then when I sunbathe I use Nivea Sun factor 30. I haven't used yet but that is my plan, even though I sunbathed at lunch time without it :oops:

Bought this at the weekend, I quite like it so far.

i use a kids factor 30 one - nivea or boots are good

just because its high factor doesnt mean you dont tan :D you just dont burn!!

UVA = ageing
UVB = burning

:confused:

i use a kids factor 30 one - nivea or boots are good

just because its high factor doesnt mean you dont tan :D you just dont burn!!

UVA = ageing
UVB = burning

:confused:

I looked like an albino this weekend with my creams on :lol::lol::lol:

30 on the face and 20 on the body - and I still have a lovely colour - AND the pigment marks on my face dont stand out half as much - I lathered it over those parts - 8)

i always wear organic/natural products on my face!
i use dr. hauschka @ the moment... they have an amazing suncream.......

I looked like an albino this weekend with my creams on :lol::lol::lol:

30 on the face and 20 on the body - and I still have a lovely colour - AND the pigment marks on my face dont stand out half as much - I lathered it over those parts - 8)

I can see where you are coming from now. I had a 20 and a 10 on various parts of my body at the weekend and I have caught the sun but not burnt, which is nice. I dont look like a lobster I look a nice sunkissed colour (well my arms do anyway). It is actually quite refreshing to see how I have changed my mind on being so obsessed of getting a tan. I wore such low factors last year in Greece and really damaged some of my skin so like to think I am finally seeing sense (and still getting a nice healthy colour)

I can see where you are coming from now. I had a 20 and a 10 on various parts of my body at the weekend and I have caught the sun but not burnt, which is nice. I dont look like a lobster I look a nice sunkissed colour (well my arms do anyway). It is actually quite refreshing to see how I have changed my mind on being so obsessed of getting a tan. I wore such low factors last year in Greece and really damaged some of my skin so like to think I am finally seeing sense (and still getting a nice healthy colour)

try 40 years of it..... :oops: I only started wearing high factors after Ibiza Girly had to have a couple of melanoma 's removed :?:? I figured it wasnt worth the worry - there's always false tan and now I have found one that doesnt irritate my skin. hoorah!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back