Labryinthitis

Beckiboo

No it's not an aversion to watching the classic 80's film Labyrinth :lol: but a condition which causes you to lose balance / become dizzy etc :confused:

Has anyone ever heard of it / had it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's not an aversion to watching the classic 80's film Labyrinth :lol: but a condition which causes you to lose balance / become dizzy etc :confused:

i had something a couple yrs back where if i turned my head to one side i pretty much fell over. was called something vertigo which was caused by a something entering the balance bit of the ear triggering the little hairs to make yr brain think yr falling. wasnt pleasant.

part of the diagnosis involved doc, lie sittting up on edge of the table and having you fall on purpose to try and dislodge the thing that was causing the hairs to trigger.

got given some pills for the nausea and after a few days it corrected itself and aint been back since.

but i suppose that doesnt help.

Last edited by a moderator:

yup, is a condition which affects the area of the inner ear called the labyrinth, which is a coiled tube filled with a fluid and millions of tiny hairs the movement of which controls balance. Obviously said condition cocks it all up (thats the medical term) hence feeling like you have just got of a very fast roundabout or smoked a camberwell carrot!!!

f**k me I remember something from O level biology!!! :D

yup, is a condition which affects the area of the inner ear called the labyrinth, which is a coiled tube filled with a fluid and millions of tiny hairs the movement of which controls balance. Obviously said condition cocks it all up (thats the medical term) hence feeling like you have just got of a very fast roundabout or smoked a camberwell carrot!!!

f**k me I remember something from O level biology!!! :D

Any recommendations for a cure?! It says online it normally clears itself up in a couple of weeks :eek:

Any recommendations for a cure?! It says online it normally clears itself up in a couple of weeks :eek:

shooting from the hip here the fact that its got "itis" on the end suggests a swelling, which in that part of the body should only be caused by an infection therefore a trip to the docs and a quick course of penecillin.....then again I may be completely wrong...but definately should go to the drs asap!!

I had it years ago and the doc prescribed Stemetil which is supposed to stop dizziness and nausea but just made me feel rotten! It cleared up in about 10 days but I did fall off the loo a couple of times! Not good.:eek:

former England goalie Chris Woods had it once

really fecks up your balance for a while, hence the nausea
took him a while to recover due to his profession
doubt it would take someone else as long

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will see how I feel today and then decide on doc's or not! I hate going to doc's unless I really need to...

I used to get it whenever I went to The Four Aces on Dalston Lane.*

*Old skool London rave reference;)

I've been having MAJOR problems with dizzy spells after going out and taking illegal substances, not good....... It started last year and I've been getting the spells every couple of months. It's still always there now and when I look up I get the dizzy spells come through, horrible :(

Back