La Troya ... Soap Opera Disaster!

JohnJohn

From IBIZA VOICE : La Troya, the legendary and iconic polysexual party in Ibiza (currently on Wednesdays at Space), is facing another crisis of identity.
At last week's event, Baby Marcelo, the personification of La Troya - the face on all the flyers, adverts, posters, CDs, and whose performances since 1992 have made La Troya what it is today - used his traditional moment on the microphone to direct a tirade of abuse at practically everyone and everything. Beginning by saying "they won't let me talk", a clear indication of a rift with La Troya godfather Brasilio, the heart and soul of La Troya then attacked the politicians about the draconian measures that have silenced club parades and closed clubs early (remember La Troya Asesina would regularly go on until 11 in the morning when at Amnesia).
However, that was just the start as others fell foul of 'La Troya', most notably Pepe Rosello (yes the Space boss!) who was called a 'maricón'. I'll let you check the Spanish dictionary to see the meaning of that one. Needless to say, Baby Marcelo is not going to be part of the performance or the event again.
DJ Oliver, the resident at La Troya since forever, is also gone. We're still not sure of his motives, but presumably in tandem with Baby Marcelo (they have produced tracks together), Oliver was happy to bring the fiesta to a halt, stopping the music, not mixing and messing with the volume for a short period around the time of the customary performance by 'La Troya'.
All La Troya dates are off his myspace calendar and there are even accusations of robbery from the Space/La Troya office; a whole back catalogue of La Troya compilations has gone missing, with unbelievably DJ Oliver a suspect.
I for one cannot believe someone with so many friends and such a long history on the island would do this, but then again emotions must have been high when these two people who personify La Troya more than anyone were shown the door. Even including La Troya godfather Brasilio, Baby Marcelo and Oliver are the heart and soul of the party, they provide the performance and the music, La Troya without them just isn't La Troya.
poster.gif
For this week's party, 3rd September, Brasilio has replaced Baby Marcelo on the flyers with a theme that carries a message - "La Troya se multiplica", basically La Troya is no more but long live all sorts of other people representing different La Troyas - everything ranging from La Troya Negra to La Troya Guapa. See the flyer!
Of course, Brasilio and the La Troya team are no strangers to Ibiza club politics and controversy. Originally an early 90s party in Ku under the name La Vaca Asesina, they crossed the road to Amnesia and became La Troya Asesina.
Then in 2006, there was a very acrimonious exit from Amnesia, destination Space, which sparked claims and counterclaims over who owned the La Troya name with at one point both Amnesia and Space running La Troya parties. Needless to say, the real La Troya crowd followed Brasilio and Baby Marcelo to Space but therein lays the problem.
Leaving one club and moving the whole team and concept to another venue is fine. It's happened twice and still La Troya is as popular as ever. But losing two of the most important pieces of the jigsaw and in such an acrimonious fashion doesn't bode well for the future of La Troya. Without doubt, Troyanos and Troyanas will stay loyal to Baby Marcelo and Oliver, whether that is by staying away from Space or by following them to a breakaway event.
The obvious prediction is that both outcasts end up at Pacha - it's the only likely venue left that hasn't had them - with their own performance and show and possibly new brand. Whatever the eventual outcome, we can expect the stilettos and the insults to be flying hard and fast in this latest episode of the La Troya soap opera.

:lol::lol::lol:A new crisis like almost every 3 years...(Go back to PRIVILEGE!!!)

So subliminal to amnesia on wenesdays as annouced by Mackie and la troya to pacha ... :confused: I really cannot see that party in pacha...

:!:

Always some drama with that night! I thought it lost its mojo when they moved from Amnesia to Space. Wasn't so much fun anymore...

I am going the last 2 weeks its supposed to be running for this season and am absolutely gutted as well - cannot believe it!

Wont be the same without Baby Marcelo and DJ Oliver :oops:

absolutely gutted. was going to ibiza for a cheap one this year... and this was one of the nights we were going to treat ourselves to.

:-(

I regret to hear this news! Between a week I will reach Ibiza for the 4th time in 4 years and I was very prone to join La Troya on Sep. 17, because it is (or was) my favourite party!
To my mind, last year was very amazing, I really enjoyed in the room where I suppose Java and Javi Munoz were playing.
So, guys, in your opinion, since on Sep. 17 it looks like the original Troya crew will have some elements missing, would you suggest to join the night thought? How about the quality of music and the sorrounding atmosphere compared to the 2007 nights?

I regret to hear this news! Between a week I will reach Ibiza for the 4th time in 4 years and I was very prone to join La Troya on Sep. 17, because it is (or was) my favourite party!
To my mind, last year was very amazing, I really enjoyed in the room where I suppose Java and Javi Munoz were playing.
So, guys, in your opinion, since on Sep. 17 it looks like the original Troya crew will have some elements missing, would you suggest to join the night thought? How about the quality of music and the sorrounding atmosphere compared to the 2007 nights?

Java and Javi are still there in the Discoteca. Terrace will have Oscar Colorado and Camilo Franco replacing, good friend, Oliver.

As far as I am concearned going without Marcelo and Oliver is pointless. The End of La TROYA for me :cry:

Absolutely - La Troya without DJ Oliver and Baby Marcelo (Ibeeeeeeeezaaaaaa....... La Trrrrrroyaaaaaaaa) is impossible.

Actually I don't think it was ever the same after the move to Space - La Troya on the Terraza at Amnesia was perfect.

ps:
anybody knows if their is truth in "Carlos Madrid"´s comment
(found@i-v) ?

"...
Carlos Madrid | Posted: 09-03-2008 21:25:00
It is was not so much about cursing
but more about EXPRESSING HIS VIEW ON THE NEW GOVERNMENT POLITICS
ON CLUBBING HOURS AND PARADES that has been muted...
Marcelo just got balls to tell the true

Pablo | Posted: 09-03-2008 20:26:22
Have experienced Baby Marcelo performance ?
if you did , you will known that he always curse everybody,
anybody with the most funny words... that is part of his act from day one...
and i do not understand the fuss as brasilio and Pepe Rosello are also gays.
..."

ps:
anybody knows if their is truth in "Carlos Madrid"´s comment
(found@i-v) ?

"...
Carlos Madrid | Posted: 09-03-2008 21:25:00
It is was not so much about cursing
but more about EXPRESSING HIS VIEW ON THE NEW GOVERNMENT POLITICS
ON CLUBBING HOURS AND PARADES that has been muted...
Marcelo just got balls to tell the true

Pablo | Posted: 09-03-2008 20:26:22
Have experienced Baby Marcelo performance ?
if you did , you will known that he always curse everybody,
anybody with the most funny words... that is part of his act from day one...
and i do not understand the fuss as brasilio and Pepe Rosello are also gays.
..."

what do you mean? the first one is just the same as the main text in the article.

and yeah, there is truth in the second one about what marcelo is like. he's not telling something people don't already know about brasilio and pepe but there is calling someone a maricón when things are fine, and there is calling someone a maricón when things aren't fine.

so if someone is seeking the "real" La Troya experience, should we stay away now that Baby isnt going to be there anymore? I'm debating b/w this and Sasha...

so if someone is seeking the "real" La Troya experience, should we stay away now that Baby isnt going to be there anymore? I'm debating b/w this and Sasha...

sasha??

where, if its his made in italy gig then i'm almost certain he isn't doing it.

he didn't do the gig he was scheduled last week and all the dates are off his site/myspace.

at his first gig for MII he played to about 20 people. it was a joke.

shame really cos MII has picked up a bit now.

For me actually getting rid of Baby Marcelo is a good thing, cause IMO acts such as he puts on only kill the party vibes for me and stops people from dancing in the middle of the party... but that may very well be just me and my opinion! ;)

When i attended La Troya in the past and he went up to perform i just left the room and went onto another room.

As for DJ Oliver - this I imagine is a big loss!

Anyway, i'll attend La Troya closing party soon and i'll be able to judge if the party is the same, better or worse...

i am in ibiza right now. Was goin to celebrate my bday at latroya on 17th. Main reason is because we r big fans of oliver.if any1 has any other news on where he wil b playing in the nxt 2 weeks please let me know on here!

we went last nite. Was good fun,obviously we were worried if the music was going to b upto olivers standard. 2djs filled in on dj duties.not sure who the 1st was,but he was great.olivers warm up guy oscar colorado finished,with a bit of a tougher set. Good party tho,but stil missed oliver!

Back