Koh Samui & Koh Phangan help

I think it's fine to charge farang more in market stalls etc...we've got tonnes more money than them! :eek:

It's harsh for westerners who live there but seriously, how are we going to feel the pinch if they charge us 1,000 baht instead of 400 for a feed?

The country is built on tourism after all.

How did they manage before the escalation of tourism?
Ibiza is built on tourism, going by your principle, shouldn't the lower earners/working class, be charged significantly less, for a drink etc, than the higher earners?

This must be some kind of joke? You think they should charge the local fisherman who lives in a straw hut and earns 30p a day to feed his family the same price as you - a tourist who has probably paid over £1000 for his holiday alone?!

The average Thai earns about 8000 baht a month, which is about £120, significantly lower I'm sure than the salary you earn!

I'm glad you're not going back to Thailand, you're the kind of tourist they definitely DON'T need there!

Believe you me, they're a crowd of swindlers and phonies....

I've spent a fair bit of time in thailand and have learnt quite a bit about the way of life.
They have a saying in thailand for westerners "falangs" who don't like spending money or backpackers and it translates roughly as "bird sh*t tourists"

Believe you me, they're a crowd of swindlers and phonies....

wow, are you seriousl? :eek:

Thought I'd never hear that about Thais! I been there many times and don't think there are any nicer people on earth.
Negotioations is a big part of their culture, so there is difference in what people pay but calling them swindlers, come on!

How did they manage before the escalation of tourism?
Ibiza is built on tourism, going by your principle, shouldn't the lower earners/working class, be charged significantly less, for a drink etc, than the higher earners?

Yes! Any further questions?

Back