Knife's Sword's etc...

D

Dean Roberts

When i was in San An this year i found a shop that sells these items and i nearly purchased a knife and sword but i was not sure of where i would stand about getting it home. The bloke in the shop said just put it in your suitcase it will be fine.

Does anyone know if that was right or was i right to leave it ?

ruth said:
really? you can bring knives and swords in your suitcase??! :eek:

Yea, as long as its not on your person, its ok, I think..I know a few people who have brought them home

NITEFLY said:
this sounds pretty scary but my old flat mate said he managed to get a bb gun thru customs :eek:
dont believe nitefly hes probably lying !!!!!

The reason i wanted to bring some home is beacause i collect strange and intresting weponary. Things like 16 century swords strange shaped knifes.

So we have a difference here some say yes some no. ?

Basically, anything that's legal in the UK and not a threat to other passengers should be okay. Generally it's pretty sensible to ban stuff that might explode in the hold of an aircraft, so you can't fill up your suitcase with fireworks and disposable lighters. Since 9-11 I'm equally happy that they ban knives and other weapons from hand luggage, although there are some odd bits of logic. If you're a bloke you can usually carry disposable razors, but women can't carry tweezers. Being plucked to death has never been a maor fear of mine.

BTW, I've never understood why so many of the beach shops sell imitation Samurai swords along with the obvious stuff like suntan lotion, lilos and aspirin. Am I missing something? Has somebody found a way of dealing with mozzies using swordplay?

Dean Roberts said:
When i was in San An this year i found a shop that sells these items and i nearly purchased a knife and sword but i was not sure of where i would stand about getting it home. The bloke in the shop said just put it in your suitcase it will be fine.

Does anyone know if that was right or was i right to leave it ?

Dean:

Check with customs @ Heathrow or any other airport that you will be flying into. Check the web site for these airports. You also need to find out if there are local laws against certain knives. For example, in California, butterfly knives are illegal.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Back