Killer Sangria?!

D

DJBenson

Got thinking at work today (about Ibiza...again) and I want to mix up a wicked sangria.

I know the basic ingredients are wine and fruit, but can anyone recommend an easy/cheap to make sangria?

mate

sangria can be made many diffrent ways depending on who makes it.

here's a simple verision

red wine. for more kick try port.
fruit. but no apples as they are acidick.
brown suger.
for a kick add brandy or vodka if brandy then add is small amonts and teste first.
and some sort of fruit juice the more exzotict the better the flavour.

it one of the drink you need to keep making till you find your own recipe.

enjoy.

Just the usual red wine, fruit juice and fruit but adding a good bit of vodka is always good.

I made a huge bucket for a party a while ago and it went down a treat. People who claim not to normally like sangria were even drinking it. It was pretty lethal though and we all ended up hammered.

best sangria in Ibiza its made at El Chiringuito en es cavallet and its a Sangria de Cava or Sangria de Champagne, delicius and 8) refreshing :)

I wish y'all tried "Agua de Valencia", the best and most delicious and refreshing way to start the night after having dinner (the "sangría" is actually drunk just while having lunch or dinner). The Agua de Valencia is perfect to ask for it in the first terrace you go after dinner and before going to a party. Perfect to chat with your friends.

I guess you have tried it Diablo, huh? :)

I put:
Red Wine
Oranges
Apples
Lemon
Sugar
Cointreau
Grand Marinier
Brandy
Sprite

Learned it from a Barkeep in Salamanca

wfusteve said:
I put:
Red Wine
Oranges
Apples
Lemon
Sugar
Cointreau
Grand Marinier
Brandy
Sprite

Learned it from a Barkeep in Salamanca

Splitted banana is almost a must in an authentic sangría.

Definitely add banana and apple -- those are usually the only fruits I'll do. I also add a small amount of any anise-based liquor (even ouzo will do). But just a hint -- too much and it's killed. And the cheaper the red wine, the better -- there's no point in blowing your finest vintage on sangria; it's best that you don't.
Also, it's even better if you can let it sit overnight in the fridge or at least for a few hours.

or simply try the ones they make at Savannah! oh boy, neverl ikes sangria before but that is just awesome! wooden spoon to fetch the fruit out of the huge glassjar of heavenly sangria!!! my! 8)

Ibiza-girlie said:
or simply try the ones they make at Savannah! oh boy, neverl ikes sangria before but that is just awesome! wooden spoon to fetch the fruit out of the huge glassjar of heavenly sangria!!! my! 8)

SNAP ibiza girlie, i lurrrrrrrrrved savannah's sangria, it was like mothers milk!
i did think after my 4th jug one night i should slow down
vomit-smiley-026.gif

Back