Kids Mini Foam Party @ AMNESIA (august 24th 2008)

McRackin

Super Moderator
hx192g.jpg

for 2-12 year olds (accompanied by adults)

fundraising for a.p.n.e.e.f.

6 till 9pm

:!:

:lol:

would be cool if you could post some picture..... i can imagine the faces of the little ones, they will be the coolest kids in nursery!! :p

ok i'm not a father yet, but i was just too curious to see how this party would be. first off, it was a HUGE success. as far as i know, amnesia originally had planned only to open the main room, but there were so many people coming, so they also opened the terrace!

well good party, no pretentiousness, no discussions about wheter it should be more minimal, proggy, trancey whatsoever... :lol: speedy gonzalez tune rocks!

here's some pictures!

331667029.jpg

minimum age two today folks! ;) the queue was massive by the way and the parking was full!

331667022.jpg

the main room with piruleto (a well-known local clown) and friends. everyone going down properly! :lol:

331667042.jpg

forget cocoon terrace, it's all about "la terraza de las familias" :D

serious, i was there for about two hours and was smiling all the time - the kids had great fun i'm sure!

I went :D

We got there nice and early, looking forward to a big afternoon out!

the queue was huge just before 6, it sprawled all the way around the club from the main entrance and right to the back of the club.

5€ with a drink, best value club entry anywhere. couldn't believe i saw quite a few people giving it the "don't you know who i am" when going in......the 5€ was for charity!! shame on you if you didn't pay!

anyway, inside the atmosphere took a little while to get going. i saw a few early casualties; at least one kid hammered on the free cheesey wotsits and two kids who'd obviously had too much fizzy stuff to drink. like i said the atmosphere early doors wasn't the best. as always, there were a few clowns in the club, but you expect that these days.

the music in the main room was fairly pumping, under the sea from little mermaid and i jsut can't wait to be king from lion king but everyone went mental when the DJ dropped las ketchup.

it was so busy half way through that they had to open the terrace where the music policy was a little darker and more underground. the main room was by now rammed and most bars were on their 3rd plates of cheesey wotsits. i saw a scuffle break out between two 4 year old over the last cheesey wotsit but the security stepped in and anyway all that was forgotten when the base kicked in on some random spanish marching tune.

in all seriousness, when the foam came on, my kids faces were a picture. they haven't had so much fun in ages, even with all the mischief they get up to in an average day in ibiza. so all that remains to say is, bring on the next kids foam party, nothing is better than jumping up and down with kids in arms/on shoulders, etc with the vengabus playing and streams of foam pouring onto you.

anyone who says or thinks otherwise is a toff and doesn't know what they're missing out on.

8)

Sven Vath better watch out . He'll not have the busiest night on the island for much longer.

Did they have an afters??:lol:

great stuff grego! i was gutted i had to leave before they actually began with the foam! :cry:

Sven Vath better watch out . He'll not have the busiest night on the island for much longer.

Did they have an afters??:lol:

i think there were a few thousand private afters yesterday night, kids basically asking their parents how the hell they can build their own foam machine!

but speaking of sven väth, he made an appearance in the dj box at we love last night, when miss kittin was performing live (and amazingly) in the discoteca. i think he had to cheer himself up after getting the news a one-off for kids actually brought the same traffic around amnesia as his 9 years running cocoon night! ;)

but speaking of sven väth, he made an appearance in the dj box at we love last night, when miss kittin was performing live (and amazingly) in the discoteca.

Hmm Sven Vath returns to Space...

I know he said he would never play there again, but at least he's showing up... maybe in the future we might see him behind the decks there again.

it's a shame that pacha and el divino haven't reprised their teen discos that the used to have at the weekends in winter some years ago. the kids in my english classes used to think they were the highlight of the week. (apart from my highly animated class that is)

anyway, inside the atmosphere took a little while to get going. i saw a few early casualties; at least one kid hammered on the free cheesey wotsits and two kids who'd obviously had too much fizzy stuff to drink. like i said the atmosphere early doors wasn't the best. as always, there were a few clowns in the club, but you expect that these days.

it was so busy half way through that they had to open the terrace where the music policy was a little darker and more underground. the main room was by now rammed and most bars were on their 3rd plates of cheesey wotsits. i saw a scuffle break out between two 4 year old over the last cheesey wotsit but the security stepped in and anyway all that was forgotten when the base kicked in on some random spanish marching tune.

8)

:lol: Those bloody cheesy wotsits !! :lol:

Can't imagine the kiddy's songs on a funktion 1 system :lol:

Sounds great though. Although the authorities will probably ban it, leading the new generation down the wrong path and all that :rolleyes: :lol:

Little sideplot

but speaking of sven väth, he made an appearance in the dj box at we love last night, when miss kittin was performing live (and amazingly) in the discoteca.
Hmm Sven Vath returns to Space...

I know he said he would never play there again, but at least he's showing up... maybe in the future we might see him behind the decks there again.

Interested to here this story...

Interested to here this story...

Let's just say he had an altercation with a security guard over something he did (or didn't) do in there and was ejected from the club back in 2003.

He said in interviews after that he wouldn't play at Space again but now Ex General Manager Fritz Pangrantz has left- who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
5€ with a drink, best value club entry anywhere. couldn't believe i saw quite a few people giving it the "don't you know who i am" when going in......the 5€ was for charity!! shame on you if you didn't pay!
according to the local tv, they collected 12.600€ :!:

btw.....

it's a shame that pacha and el divino haven't reprised their teen discos that the used to have at the weekends in winter some years ago. the kids in my english classes used to think they were the highlight of the week. (apart from my highly animated class that is)
since yesterday pacha are doing the teen disco thing again!! :idea:

Back