KAISER CHIEFS + THE BULLETPROOF BOMB | IBIZA ROCKS | 03/08/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
Ibiza Rocks favourites Kaiser Chiefs were back for their fifth show on the island. As expected, it attracted a very diverse audience including old couples, families with kids... you name it. All this was was reflected in the eclectic selection of band t-shirts people was wearing, something I always love to look at: from Joy Division to Napalm Death!

The Valencian DJ Fat Gordon (the rocker half of the DJ duo The Rockets) delighted our ears with a session that moved from electronica to the pure unadulterated rock'n'roll of AC/DC, The Hives or The Trashmen. Not one dull song, not one meeeh moment, tune after tune after motherf**king tune... it was well worth arriving early. Later he did a two-hour set at Pikes, where Rock Nights celebrated its 11th anniversary.

P1310232+-+copia.JPG

Indie rockers The Bulletproof Bomb blown us away twice last year, first at Ibiza Rocks Bar and one day later at Ibiza Rocks Hotel opening for Catfish & The Bottlemen.

Back then the five-piece from Sutton only had two self-released 7" singles (Suitcase and Five Green Bottles, all four songs available on the EP Five Green Bottles - 2014) but during the last year they've been busy and, apart from playing at the most important UK festivals, put out an EP (Little Miss London - 2016) and are about to publish another one (This Ain't Rebellion). Infectious songs like "Sportswear Punk" or "1-10" worked a treat among the Ibiza Rocks faithful.

Grrreat wee band!

P1310271+-+copia.JPG

Privilege's back room in 2005, Bar M in 2007, Ibiza Rocks Hotel in 2012 and 2014... Kaiser Chiefs have played a total of four times in Ibiza and they've always put on brilliant shows so we knew what to expect. Add to it the chance to listen new material from Stay Together, their sixth and forthcoming album to be released in two months, and there it is: another epic night ahead.

Ricky and the gang came once again to cause a riot with their anthemic calls to arms. With an arsenal of songs like "Everyday I Love You Less And Less", "Ruffians On Parade", "Everything Is Average Nowadays", "Never Miss A Beat", "Modern Way", the earth-shaking "Ruby", "The Angry Mob", "Coming Home", "Misery Company" or "Oh My God" they have the battle won before it has even started, easy-peasy. All this mixed with the new songs "We Stay Together", "Parachute" (their latest single) and "Hole In My Soul" and, as the icing on the cake, a cover of "Pinball Wizard" by The Who. The frontman was on fire as usual and jumped off the stage during "I Predict A Riot" to get into the lower VIP area, working his way through the crowd on top of a security guy during b-side fave "Take My Temperature". Such was the rush of adrenaline they had people on their knees and begging for more!

Top band to see live. All in all, my favourite night of the summer so far by a mile.

P1310406+-+copia.JPG

Stay tuned for Ruby Munslow's interview with the boys... that will be good!

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Back