Just tell us how it was

Robo said:
Beryl the Peril said:
Best Place to Eat: Everywhere we ate was awful and the service was even worse

i strongly disagree!

there are some fantastic ibicencan restuarants in the country that are friendly, great service, and very good value for money.

I totally agree with you, but unfortunately the holiday I had planned didnt quite go to plan, therefore we were stuck eating round about Playa D'en Bossa in pizzerias etc. I wasnt having a dig at the food in Ibiza, as I have went every year for 5 years and wouldnt have considered anywhere else, im just telling you how my holiday went. Id been looking forward to it for ages but unfortunately there was alot of aspects that spoiled it.

Like I said I wish I could have explored more of Ibiza as I have done in the past, but this year was totally different!

Beryl the Peril said:
I totally agree with you, but unfortunately the holiday I had planned didnt quite go to plan, therefore we were stuck eating round about Playa D'en Bossa in pizzerias etc. I wasnt having a dig at the food in Ibiza, as I have went every year for 5 years and wouldnt have considered anywhere else, im just telling you how my holiday went. Id been looking forward to it for ages but unfortunately there was alot of aspects that spoiled it.

Like I said I wish I could have explored more of Ibiza as I have done in the past, but this year was totally different!

Beryl up until this year, I used to think that the food in Playa den Bossa was terrible but did you try out Passion, that place is a godsend, definitely the best place to eat in PDB by a mile.

N8 said:
Top tip related to Robs top tip.

Remember your driving license :rolleyes:

I forgot my license but still got a car from the place across from Es Vive.
Got a Peugeot 206 for €25 per day.

Dates you were there: Aug 29th - Sep 12th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Sol II (Figueratas)

Club nights visited: Sundays@, DC10, RY @ Pacha, Submliminal, Pure Pacha, Matinee Group - Sat, La Troya after party

Best Night: Pure Pacha (possibly best ever night out)

Worst Night: Subliminal

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best place to Eat: Place on the beach @ Talamanca

Money Spent: Holy Jesus

Biggest Regret: Being very poorly for a few days

Going Back?: Hmmm

Top Tip: Hire a car, and see how beautiful the island really is

I'll resume my four trips here... :eek:

Dates you were there: 14/16 June, 12/22 July, 20/21 September, 27/30 September.
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): In a village at Ibiza, and at friend's home. :p
Club nights visited: Amnesia Opening party, Privilege Opening party, Manumission opening party@Privilege, Matinee@Space, Balearic@Privilege, WLS@Space, Cocoon@Ammesia, La Troya@Amnesia, Circo Loco@DC10, Zenith@La Diosa, Las Dalias, Pin Up, Carry on@Space and all the closing parties.
Best Night: Amnesia's closing party.
Worst Night: Anyone.
Best Bar:Mambo, Bliss in Ibiza, Kumharas.
Best Place to Eat: Bambudda Groove.
Money Spent: always so lucky in Ibiza... few money spent.
Biggest Regret: Cocoon Closing party, Carl Cox@Space, raves in beaches...
Going Back?: Of course!!!
Top Tip: Go always to Ibiza with people who love the island...

my experience

Dates you were there: 26th July - 10th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel S'amfora, San An

Club nights visited:

Manumission@Privilage(X2), Lashed@Eden, Foam Party@Eden, Helter Skelter@Es Paradis, Fiesta de Agua@Es Paradis, Cream@Amnesia, Gold@Summon, Alex P's Bday@Space (after cream), and a couple of others that weren't amazing which i can't remember.

Best Night: All of em! but if i had to pick one it would be....ummm....Alex P's, Lashed, Manumission, Helter skelter, Cream, Foam Party, Water Party. Not gold cause we got in a fight! lol

Worst Night: A nite down the West End.

Best Bar: Rodeo Bar. The bull is well funny when you're wrecked! haha

Best Place to Eat: Some place near the square where the fountain is in the bay. Go to the one below the chinese restaurant with blue checkered table cloths. I highly recommend the Steak with some cheese sauce that i can't spell or pronounce. Yum.

Money Spent: About £1200 ish i think

Biggest Regret: Not going to PACHA!!!

Going Back?: Fo Sho. Haven't booked yet, but definately will.

Top Tip: Go to Cafe Mambo, get some drinks, get tipsy, go over to the Savannah bar place, get another drink, get a head massage by some sexy girl with head massage thingys, buy one for £10 to give to your girlfriend, go and sit on the blue floaty thing that looks like a tray of ice cubes, and sit and watch the most beautiful thing you have ever seen in your whole life. I did this 5 times, and i could do it everyday until i die. Go for a swim in the warm sea with 8 of your best mates. Watch parasenders (people getting towed by a boat with a parachute on) glide gracefully past the ever lowering sun while some rich dude floats about on his really beefy speed boat (Scarab) with his ladies. And finally when the sun is just about to disappear, the DJ played Imagine by John Lennon. I could have cried. Everyone applauds the sun and sits for a while to take in all of the colours that are on display. All of this is soooo hard to take in, it's such a wonderful atmosphere.

Forgot to mention - Go to Manumission@Privilage, Then get a taxi to Bora Bora beach, watch the sun rise (almost as beautiful as the sunset), then go to Space. Wow.

This was the holiday of my life. Hope you have the same experience i did.

Re: my experience

Nick85 said:
I highly recommend the Steak with some cheese sauce that i can't spell or pronounce. Yum..

:lol:

Roquefort :?:

Nick85 said:

Sounds wicked Nick!! Welcome to the forum

Roquefort!!! That's the one!! thanx, it was well nice!! Ciao

Dates you were there: 06-13 Sep
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): villa in Es Cubells
Club nights visited: Circoloco, DC-10; Subliminal, Pacha
Best Night: (day) Circoloco
Worst Night: mmmmeeeep
Best Bar: Rock Bar
Best Place to Eat: out of the way small restaurants that we found in Es Cubells
Money Spent: ~1000 (excluding airfare/lodging)
Biggest Regret: missing Sundays at Space
Going Back?: mos def
Top Tip: limit your clubbing time and take in more of the island and formentera

Dates you were there: 16 Jun - 6 Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): renting apartment
Club nights visited: a lot of them, I was a worker so had free entrances to most of the clubs
Best Nights: MANUMISSION & BALEARIC PEOPLE
Worst Night:
Best Bar: Coastline
Best Place to Eat:
Money Spent: 200 euros
Biggest Regret: didn´t make it to Pacha...and Cream
Going Back?: :D
Top Tip: if you are thinking about going to Ibiza...STOP THINKING AND JUST GO THERE..you´ll have the best time of your life

Dates you were there: 5-12 Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar Y Vent, San An
Club nights visited: Euphoria - Eden Manumission - Privilege Cream - Amnesia
Best Night: Manumission
Worst Night: Strip Club night :(
Best Bar: Funky Flares!
Best Place to Eat: This little british bar, that we got breakfast in all the time, can't quite think of the name.
Money Spent: £700
Biggest Regret: Being too tired to really enjoy cream!
Going Back?: Hell Yeah!
Top Tip: Pro Plus

Dates you were there: May 25th-sept 30th
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): In a proper shit appartment
Club nights visited: too many to mention all.... mostly Space and DC10 though...
Best Night: All of the garlands parties...especially the hat and horror one..
Worst Night: My last night...having to say goodbye to everyone :(
Best Bar: Bo's bar ;)
Best Place to Eat: Southern fried...hey I was a worker...couldn't afford anything else :)
Money Spent: 2 much
Biggest Regret: have none
Going Back?: Of course...working again
Top Tip: stay for the whole season...it's so much more fun

Dates you were there: 23 Sept. - 30 Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Marblau, Ibiza Town
Club nights visited: Subliminal, Underground, Pure Pacha, Balearic Night @ Privilige, Sundays @ Space
Best Night: Pure Pacha closing w/ Tenaglia & Deep Dish...I was in the funky room the whole time. That dj was brilliant!
Worst Night: Our last one, Ibiza town was quite empty as it was the closing end of the season.
Best Bar: a few in Ibiza town
Best Place to Eat: I liked Sa Tinxa and had awesome Paella at some place in Ibiza town
Money Spent: about $2,100 U.S. which is surprising coz I thought I would be spending a lot more
Biggest Regret: Since it was the absolute tail end of the season we missed a lot of club nights including cocoon, release yourself, hed kandi, etc...
Going Back?: hell yeah!!!
Top Tip: stay for at least 10 days, hire a car, venture around the island, and pace yourself with the partying.

Dates you were there: 10th - 18th July
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio, Hotel March
Club nights visited: Retro@Eden, Manumission@Privelege, Subliminal@Pacha
Best Night: Subliminal (Erick was disappointing for once but the audio bullies were 'tip top')
Worst Night: West end (I have to go once a year just to remind myself that whatever happens for the rest of the year, it could be worse, i could be in the west end)
Best Bar: Coastline (Daytime)
Best Place to Eat: Not a fussy eater, so long as i'm not hungry I'm easy
Money Spent: £400 (not inc flight/Acc) had to budget hard or I couldn't have gone
Biggest Regret: Still not been to bora bora when it's open (this was my second year)/Failing to convince my friends to do more during the day generally

Dates you were there: 27/6 - 11/7
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mar y Vent
Club nights visited: Pure Pacha, We love...., Garlands, Subliminal, Cream, Manumission.
Best Night: We Love...... what else???
Worst Night: Toss between Manumission or Cream. Manumission was crap, we ended up sitting outside all night chatting would have been better off chilling at mambo or Bora Bora & saving 80 euros between us. Cream was like being in a sardine tin.
Best Bar: Trops ....... behave! No seriously toss up between mambo and savannah.
Best Place to Eat: Sa Capella without a shadow of a doubt.
Money Spent: Around £2300 between two of us.
Biggest Regret: Not doing we love... twice, not doing dc10. But hey there's years left for me.... touch wood!
Going Back?: Every year till I'm 30 and then some.
Top Tip: Manners cost nothing. See yourself as an ambassador for your country and show respect to the island and its people. Its a wonderful place to be enjoyed! ;)

Dates you were there: 1.week in sept.2000,1.week in august 2002, 2.week in august 2003

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Can Bossa + Bali Beach (both Playa d'en Bossa)

Club nights visited: Cream, Sundays@Space, Cocoon, DiscoFever@Space, Carl Cox@Space, Manumission, Subliminal@Pacha

Best Night: Sundays@Space

Worst Night: DiscoFever

Best Bar: BoraBora

Best Place to Eat: Café Savannah

Money Spent: with accomodation about 1200 €

Biggest Regret: only going to Cafè del mar for one time.

Going Back?: Yes, of course.

Top Tip: Take yourself an appartement and cook yourself then you can manage your eating times on your own.

dates there: 18 June - 25 June

Stayed: Jet

Nights visited: Sundays at Space, Circoloco@DC10, Morillo@Pacha, Italian house night (cant remember club or name -same place as Moneypennys), Retro@eden.

Best night - We love Sundays :p

Worst night - Retro (although DC10 comes a close 2nd due to the "lets go to another club" factor after 17 hours of Space)

Best bar- Bora -mother funking- bora ;)

Place to eat - Eat?

Money spent - £700

Biggest regret- Not going to DC10 fresh

Going back - Not in a hurry, it wasnt THAT good

Re: my experience

Nick85 said:
Top Tip: Go to Cafe Mambo, get some drinks, get tipsy, go over to the Savannah bar place, get another drink, get a head massage by some sexy girl with head massage thingys, buy one for £10 to give to your girlfriend, go and sit on the blue floaty thing that looks like a tray of ice cubes, and sit and watch the most beautiful thing you have ever seen in your whole life. I did this 5 times, and i could do it everyday until i die. Go for a swim in the warm sea with 8 of your best mates. Watch parasenders (people getting towed by a boat with a parachute on) glide gracefully past the ever lowering sun while some rich dude floats about on his really beefy speed boat (Scarab) with his ladies. And finally when the sun is just about to disappear, the DJ played Imagine by John Lennon. I could have cried. Everyone applauds the sun and sits for a while to take in all of the colours that are on display. All of this is soooo hard to take in, it's such a wonderful atmosphere.

Forgot to mention - Go to Manumission@Privilage, Then get a taxi to Bora Bora beach, watch the sun rise (almost as beautiful as the sunset), then go to Space. Wow.

i just about cried reading that. f*** does that not make me want to be there now :(

Back