Just handed in my notice

MiniMarc

Decided working in advertising in any form isnt for me. Need some time to get my health back on track , years of sitting in front a computer haven't been too kind. Not quite sure what I'm gona do but think I need to walk away from my present situation before I can work it out. Was looking at some of the long term effects of stress and its not too pretty so figured its better to make a change sooner rather than later

Hey mate. Sounds like quite the move.
Did you ever check out that other opportunity you were looking at?

Was weird they never really got back to me tho seemed may have been abit over qualified. Im not sure if the film industry is any less stressfull so looking to have a total change of direction

Well done for having the balls to make the decision and walk.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Make sure you have a party to celebrate it...........

Well done for having the balls to make the decision and walk.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Make sure you have a party to celebrate it...........

What he said - think of it as a clean page and go for it!!

All the best in your new venture!

I quit my first post Uni job after 7 years of misery. I felt there was no way out, but one day... literally just legged it.

Best thing I've ever done. 8)

Been on a similar journey myself.

Had a mini mid life crisis at 30 and came to the realisation that if I'm working in advertising on meaningless brands when I reach 40 I'll be miserable as hell.

Life is short, the last five years has zoomed by (2005 is five years ago?!?! :eek:) and you've got to take risks and break convention in order to be happy.

Best thing I ever did also.

Congrats! I did a similar thing last year and am now more in debt and also a 'mature' student! :)

Should have done it 5 years ago!!

you've got to take risks and break convention in order to be happy

why do you say this? it may be true for you, but then, not everybody's you, are they?

and what does 'convention' mean and why is you working freelance and paying rent/mortgage any more unconventional than someone working for a company and doing the same.

if you went living in a moon cave, existing on berries, now that would be fairly unconventional.

Decided working in advertising in any form isnt for me. Need some time to get my health back on track , years of sitting in front a computer haven't been too kind. Not quite sure what I'm gona do but think I need to walk away from my present situation before I can work it out. Was looking at some of the long term effects of stress and its not too pretty so figured its better to make a change sooner rather than later

Any job that leaves you feeling unhealthy or that you can not take the stress, you need out irrespective of finding something you enjoy doing.

You had to get out, well done for doing it.

fair play for making the move mate, I'm in advertising too and know how stressful it can be so fair play to you for giving it up for a better life. all the best!

Back