Just back from ibiza....sasha/digweed thankyou (Sat 30th - Tues 2nd 09 review)

figo117

Stayed in hotel fiesta (playa d bossa), right beside space, 2 mins from water park great spot.
On the sat we intended to take "it easy" as space opening the following day, went on a
bender of course, ended up at eden opening party for nick warren/jo mills.
Free in and had a good night, from what i can remember! Really good music from the last dj around 4am...nice proggie deep stuff...

So to space on sunday, from our balcony you could see a que forming around 12 o clock!
Dj's for me to see in space were LAWLER, SASHA AND DIGWEED.
Arrived at space at 6.30, stood in the guestlist line till 815. Head was ****ing wrecked...never been at an event or festival as busy. Got into space and lawler was
on in the flight club, virtually impossible to get anywhere near it. It was actually scary how busy it was, bars, toilets everywhere packed.
Walked through the terrace lee carbera "shake it" was playing, place going nuts!

Decided to go disoteca and catch guy gerber, who set the mood for s and dig brilliantly...dark, trippy stuff. Excellant set from the bedrock man.
10.30 digweed arrives onto decks, atmhosphere was incredible...
himself and sasha go back to back till 2.30 am, some amazing set from them, mongoose (guy j remix) going down a treat.
In all the times i have seen these this djs this was by far their standout set, really made up for missing lawler.....

Chilled in premier estage for a bit afterwards, caught end of dubfires set he dropped
"grindhouse" as his last tune, place was going nuts!!
carl cox was really ordinary, left after 40 or so mins.....

That was my 8th time in space, certainly will never go to an opening party or closing again. Its just way too packed, horrible. Advice anyone thinmin of going to go to a we love in sep or something.
As musch as i love ibiza some of the clubs have to drop their prices...
i.e 11.50 1 san maguel (es paradis), 26.80 2 vodka/7up (space)

anyways roll on september......:)

Oh i also forgot i went to bar savanna on monday night to see steve angello throw
a free party....highlight was when the lights went out for few mins, music stopped....
next thing stardust "music sounds better with you" came on...savage!!

Last edited by a moderator:
stop its lethal, such as druggie trippy tune,
when he played it sasha, diggers, cox all going nuts in dj booth with him,
place went right off :)

Decided to go disoteca and catch guy gerber, who set the mood for s and dig brilliantly...dark, trippy stuff. Excellant set from the bedrock man.
10.30 digweed arrives onto decks, atmhosphere was incredible...
himself and sasha go back to back till 2.30 am, some amazing set from them, mongoose (guy j remix) going down a treat.
In all the times i have seen these this djs this was by far their standout set, really made up for missing lawler.....

do you consider him a bedrock man??

Nice!!!! Your review takes me back to Opening of Space '05.

Seems like drink prices are getting as crazy as they are here in Miami.

Back