Just a thought...

MakinaDJ

Do mp3 download websites (juno, beatport etc..) have back-catalogues where maybe some of the music is free?

Just starting out collecting a totally different type of music and could do with dramatically bulking up my collection, but it'll cost a fair bit at first when I'll be buying stuff I might not particularly like just to add numbers

Thats what a said mate, my thoughts being if there was actually a backcataolgue with free stuff I could use that to begin with (for the CDJs) and slowly replace them with stuff that I want to play

I dont understand though. Why not just use what you want to play?

You have two options really. Hunt down net-labels which offer free music that isn't well known, or resort to thievery. Occasionally you will get promos on the likes of beatport. I think they have a 'label' set up on their site as beatport promo, which every so often offers free music.

I dont understand though. Why not just use what you want to play?

You have two options really. Hunt down net-labels which offer free music that isn't well known, or resort to thievery. Occasionally you will get promos on the likes of beatport. I think they have a 'label' set up on their site as beatport promo, which every so often offers free music.

Because like I said I'd end up forking out loads of money at the minute which I dont have, at least starting with a few freebies gives me chance to have a mix without spending loads, and slowly build my collection over time (becuase with time comes money)

That bottom bits handy tho - type of answer I was looking for, cheers

Back