Junior jack - Da hype

dam0

I assume this is new because i only got the promo this mornin along with that cruddy linus loves mix. There's no info with it so i dunno much info about it but it doesnt take long to dredge up all the background info if i can be bothered!

Anyway onto the track.. lets put it this way, if your expecting the next e-samba then.. err don't! Its not a bad track but its nothing special. It sorta follows the whole french house sound. It actually sounds alot like stuff by 'le knight club'. To those of you who dont know who these are, think linus loves meets daft punk and you'll be pretty close. The prob is with this style of music, if you dont particularly like the riff then you'll quickly get bored of it. A lot of french house is short and sweet but this is just under 10mins. One thing i will credit junior jack for is trying a different sound for once. His last few songs have been a bit too alike so its interesting to see a new approach.

Its hard to say whether this will be popular or not. It could be but it will depend on whether it has some quality dj's backing it. Otherwise it'll be in the bargain bin by the end of the month!

If anyone wants me to post a sample then let me know :)

vdubjb said:
indeed, good track, but no way he can top esamba. It's like trying to top the Sistine Chapel

aybe a slight exaggeration!

Da Hype sounds, for me, like a crap copy of the (admittedly not always) crap copys of 80's pop electro remakes.

It reminds me of the couple of "Talk Talk - Its my life"/Human League remixes flying about.

Nice french house track.

IMO it has the potential to become a hit soon just because of the Junior Jack tag it has.

vdubjb said:
he could have simply released it under one of his other names, lol
No good, cause then it wouldn't have the Junior Jack tag, and thus chances of it becoming a hit soon are decreasing ;)

Stu Hirst said:
What mailing list is sending Junior Jack out?

i would know if it didnt come as a wl :(

I agree with most of the above really, there's not much chance of him topping e-samba at the moment. i reckon the junior jack tag will help it but there's nothing else that will give it a bunk. I'm sure cassius will like it though!

dam0 said:
Stu Hirst said:
What mailing list is sending Junior Jack out?

i would know if it didnt come as a wl :(

I agree with most of the above really, there's not much chance of him topping e-samba at the moment. i reckon the junior jack tag will help it but there's nothing else that will give it a bunk. I'm sure cassius will like it though!

Where did you manage to pick it up?

At first, I thought that you'd been sent it.

Back