Jet Apartments - Yet another thread about them.

N

Nick

A group of us are making our first Ibiza trip this September for the Closing parties. :D In researching places to stay, Jet Apts two bedroom rooms seem to have the best combination of size, location and affordability. We're expecting completely mediocre accomodations, but I still had a few questions.

What is the family to clubber ratio like there?
What is the beach out front like?
How is the pool?
What are the showers like? Are they filtered, or just saltwater?
Are the rooms relatively clean?
They say on the website all rooms have air conditioning, but I read here that they try to charge some people extra at the last minute? Anyone been lately to cofirm there's AC everywhere?
Is it quiet enough to get a bit of sleep here and there?
Did people feel their belonginings were safe when left in the rooms?

thanks very much in advance for the info.

What is the family to clubber ratio like there? I've only stayed there June and Sept and it was about 70% young people/30% families.

What is the beach out front like? Fine, big comfy sunbeds to sleep on during the day and you're right in front of Bora Bora if you fancy afternoon boogie :D

How is the pool? Decent size, never went in it tho cos too many kids.

What are the showers like? Are they filtered, or just saltwater? Don't know.

Are the rooms relatively clean? One year room was basic but clean another year the room was old, dirty, it really felt it hadn't been cleaned properly for months and in the week we were staying there the maids came in once :rolleyes:

They say on the website all rooms have air conditioning, but I read here that they try to charge some people extra at the last minute? Anyone been lately to cofirm there's AC everywhere? I stayed there 2001 and 2002 and both times claimed to have airconditioning, the first year we had to pay for it, the second year there was no air conditioning available at all (we were in the older block that year tho, try and find out if you can beforehand which bit you are staying in cos the newer bits are better).

Is it quiet enough to get a bit of sleep here and there? I'm not a big sleeper in Ibiza :p but when I did put my head down wasn't too much of a problem.

Did people feel their belonginings were safe when left in the rooms? The year we stayed in newer block fine, the year in older block, anyone could have jumped onto our balcony and got into the room cos the doors aren't particularly sturdy, also if you stay in that block you have to walk thru those pubs outside and I wouldn't have felt safe walking up to the room on my own late at night cos it is dark and anyone can get in off the street.

Hope that helps, I wouldn't personally stay at Jet again but that's cos of the room we had last year, some are better than others, and I always say Jet is ok for a week but anything longer I think the place would start to get you down.

I just got back after a week at Jet. Overall I liked the place. I must have had a clean room.
What is the family to clubber ratio like there? I would agree with Barbie, about 70% young ppl. We met up with our neighbours who were from US as well.
What is the beach out front like? Yep, being next to bora bora was great!!
How is the pool? Did not spend any time in the pool - the beach is right there.
What are the showers like? Are they filtered, or just saltwater? Saltwater but i heard it's like that all over ibiza
Are the rooms relatively clean? Yep, very clean except that the maid only came in twice to clean which was ok with us. we did hv to get towels from front desk.
They say on the website all rooms have air conditioning, but I read here that they try to charge some people extra at the last minute? Anyone been lately to cofirm there's AC everywhere? WE had air conditioning in our room. There's a AC tax of 1 euro/night.
Is it quiet enough to get a bit of sleep here and there? Yep, was able to sleep most of the time.
Did people feel their belonginings were safe when left in the rooms? I felt it was safe but they hv safe deposit boxes for rental. can'r remember how much though.

thanks very much in advance for the info.

Thanks very much for the info. Any other opinions?

Barbie said:
I wouldn't personally stay at Jet again

Can you recommend any alternatives in the same price range and location for a group of 4 people?

Nick said:
Thanks very much for the info. Any other opinions?

Barbie said:
I wouldn't personally stay at Jet again

Can you recommend any alternatives in the same price range and location for a group of 4 people?

I stayed at Es Vive in June and going to Bali Beach appts in Sept, both that side of island, but they are both more expensive than Jet. Like I said if you get in newer block the rooms are a lot better, it was just my experience in older appts that put me off going back.

I know other people off here have stayed in the Squash appts in Playa den Bossa and they were meant to be ok, I think Gecko has stayed in some other appts in Playa den Bossa as well and said they were good. Check with them. At end of day plenty of people do stay there every year and are fine there, I think last year they just thought I looked like a dodgy character so put me in the worse room lol :p :lol: ;)

maybe i'll see ya there... myself (and my good friend michele) both of us from LA will be at staying at jet apts! :p

I am staying in the bossa mar (part of jet) at the moment.. they are the one key division of the apartments and i have to say they are great.. i would def come back again.
you will have a great time :)

Back