Jay Z Gig Last And Ticket Touts

Buckley

So.....went to Jay Z at Ally Pally last night, having paid face value, £60 plus booking fees, on a ticket exchange yesterday.

Gig was, according to the internet, sold out in 15 seconds after tickets being released. However, lots of people had bought off touts outside at £30 and £40. How does that work? Is there that many people selling 'spares' to touts for half nothing?

Grego, this is your field of expertise :)lol:), help me out?*

*New users need to search for TakeThatGate for comprehension here:lol:

All touts work on advanced and complex economic models.

Perhaps the tickets drop in value as the window of opportunity to sell them dimishes?

The opposing variable of ticket prices increasing in line with the desperation of punters must have been ineffective, perhaps to an unforseen volume of organised punters already in possession of said commodity.

Or maybe the tout wanted to off load his tickets quickly because his bunions were killing him?

All touts work on advanced and complex economic models.

Perhaps the tickets drop in value as the window of opportunity to sell them dimishes?

The opposing variable of ticket prices increasing in line with the desperation of punters must have been ineffective, perhaps to an unforseen volume of organised punters already in possession of said commodity.

Or maybe the tout wanted to off load his tickets quickly because his bunions were killing him?

Course, but mates of mine bought them at virtually half price, a long time before Jay Z was due on stage.

Maybe touts just heavily overbought, if such a word exists.

Course, but mates of mine bought them at virtually half price, a long time before Jay Z was due on stage.

Maybe touts just heavily overbought, if such a word exists.

What was the gig like? he's someone i'd love to see live

What was the gig like? he's someone i'd love to see live

As emailed to a mate this morning:

The fella I got off Scarlet Mist to but tickets from, turned up by tube instead of car as he said he would so I didn't have a car registration as planned, had internet print outs that COULD have been copied, and an implausible story about them being a birthday present for his girlfriend who'd had to rush to Liverpool after her Dad had died unexpectedly in very mysterious circumstances. Remarkably, despite my cynicism, which I kept to myself on the basis that small chance it was true was worth not upsetting the bloke for, for the sake of £120, all was well.

Jay-Z was amazing, but unless we missed some pretty spectacular openers, I expected bigger guests for the price. Add to that, that his last song was Forever Young, with Mr Hudson, who's an acquaintance and probably would have sorted me guestlist if I'd used my brain, and I probably could have had a lot cheaper night than I did.

Empire State Of Mind was the nuts though.

I remember a couple of years ago loads of touts were caugth out with TITP tickets not selling and a load of them ended up going for less than half face value in the week building up to the event. I think a lot of it has to do with 'amateur' touts trying to get in on the game - maybe they need 3 tickets, so just buy the allowed 4 in the hope they can punt the ticket that isn't required to make a bit of coin on. I know quite a few folks who always buy more tickets than they need - gives me the rage!!

Did you go to see your buddy Mr Hudson?

Didn't know he was on. Should have thought to make the link (as I knew he'd played with Jay-Z at Madison Square Garden) and asked for guesltlist:spank:

Worst thing I was staying at across from Madison SG when he played there too and didn't realise until after!

Back