Jaded afterparties at The End

russ

for reasons that i don't know (!), Jaded, who used to promote the afterparties at The Egg on sunday mornings aint there any more. Egg are still holding sunday afterparties but are promoting them in-house

so... (tm)

Jaded comes to AKA and The End this Sunday at 6am, come and be a part of it.

DJs Random Factor Live, Raymundo Rodriguez, Ryan Shaw, Richard Sen (Padded Cell), Nico De Ceglia, Danny M, Severino & Jim Stanton (Horse Meat Disco) Plus an equestrian surprise - Neigh!

Guestlist: jadedsundays@hotmail.com / 07815 886 309
Dress: Freaks, Geeks and Horsey Meats

The End launches its first weekly after hours on Sunday 4th March - Jaded.

We’re planning a highly ritualized day designed to lift clubbed-out spirits and marched-out raving feet that begins the moment you step into AKA. It’s all about warming you up properly first – with sounds that inspired the electronic debauchery below. Richard Sen (Padded Cell) will be kicking off proceedings on the 4th followed by Severino and Jim Stanton of Horse Meat Disco. At Jaded we believe there’s nothing like some proper dark disco and electronic pop to get you out of your chair, your party clock reset to zero.

AKA will also host more physical and visual entertainment to keep even the most restless of after hours soldiers amused, including a new members’ area right on the dance floor. (Look out for our Jaded membership desk downstairs in The End.)

Just as you’re beginning to get restless, The End’s Lounge will open. Guest parties including DDD, Familia, ElectricSex, Shrunken Head, Nodisko, High Tide and Hypercolour will alternate, but for the first one Jaded party starters Danny M, Nico De Ceglia plus a very special surprise guest will jack up The Lounge with all shades of house and electro.

Finally, techno and minimal soldiers will get to march to that sound system, as The End’s Main Room opens. Random Factor is our first live act, alongside Ryan Shaw and resident Raymundo Rodriguez. But look out for Clive Henry, Will Saul, Dan Curtin, Geddes, Nils Hess, Rocky, Wandy, Sebastien Bouchet Live (Freak N Chic), Darren & Spencer, Jade, Glimpse, Giles Smith, Kos, Simon Baker and Burnski all playing in our launch months.

So a raging atmosphere downstairs and a sea of cosseted fun up top is what Jaded at The End is all about.

Join us for the first one – as we say at Jaded: The party’s just beginning, sleep is for the week.

www.endclub.com

www.myspace.com/jadedsundays

Our first 4 weeks’ line ups so far…

4th March - Random Factor (live), Raymundo Rodriguez, Ryan Shaw,
Nico De Ceglia, Danny M, Richard Sen (Padded Cell) and Horse Meat Disco

11th March - Rob Mello, Raymundo Rodriguez, Geddes, Giles Smith, Kos, Wandy

18th March - Will Saul, Raymundo Rodriguez , Nils Hess, Jozif, Ibi Beginerz

25th March - Dan Curtin, DDD official afterhours, Raymundo Rodriguez, Electric Press,
Simon Morell + guests

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago and dont know how I feel about it. I think it could be good rolling round the End for afters, but I kinda liked going to the sh*t hole that is the Egg on a Sunday morning.

in the end (better than dan's joke)

what makes/made egg such good fun was the garden. as much as the end is great, you can't pose in the sunshine in your shades inside.

lets hope that jaded have taken their sniffy door policy with them

I liked my Egg experience, once I had gotten over the strangeness of it all. Garden was freezing though. And those wonky tables were freaking me out.

The Egg was and is a steaming pile of horsew*nk. I cannot rememember any significantly good experience in there, aside from the standard gettingf*ckedathon, in a budget, smelly, dirty (but not in a good way) ugly expererince with possibly the biggest, ugliest, uncoolest freaks (but not in a cool way) in the whole of London.

I have not had one musical experience of note in their ****ty sound sytem, aside from the comical "it's an FM radio tuner, not a crossfader" mixing of the gay room, and even they ruined that when they sent it downstairs.

Oh, and last 2 times I've been in there, I couldn't score for toffee. Christ, the thought of being in there without pockets bulging with mindbenders is enough to turn me off clubbing forever. Urgh. I hate the place.

The gardens ****e also. You're in kings cross FFS, with budget weather, everyones uglyness is magnified, and I have a pair of Sony EX71lb' inner ear headphones which outdo their pony efforts for volume.

I'm quite excited about the move to the End. It might actually give a purpose to the event, y'know, giev you something to focus on other than hanging round in the toilets all day.

Otherwise, yeah, it's a crying shame it's moving, not sure I'll ever get over this one...

when i was there, the toilet upstairs was backed up and was heaving with various shades of faeces which were flowing onto the floor.

I think its odd that Formulate and JADED who both boasted about how good they were because they had a outside bit have now moved to clubs without any ouside bit.

Thats does take away some of the point of afterparties in the summer.

I think i prefered Jaded to Formulate. Will have to try out some other ones like the Zombie eat my Brains.. but i think thats all minimal so it might put me off.

I used to love Egg. I loved the seedy dirty place it was and the fact that you would pop into another room and bump into someone you hadn't seen for a while, get a couple of vodkas and retire to the garden 8)

Jaded has a big following but I'll be interested to see how busy AKA gets on a Sunday morning when the sun is shining. I have to say, it doesn't do it for me at all.

I've never seen poo flowing out the toilets :eek: that's disgusting!

I've seen you do a good enough impression if they ever need a replacement...

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Do you remember how truthfully awful the mixing was on his birthday? He'd turned the track off and hadn't noticed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fat Tony that is not our Mr G!

I used to do Riot! for years at the End, and I think it's a great afters venue, esp with AKA as it'll be light in thar come 7am. Shame I can't make this one as I'm in Leeds.

Back