Jackmaster

He came direct from Cream fields to jika jika festival in derry, played a similar set.

Too many serious djs playing pish tech house crap at festivals and the crowds just barely moving to it.

Hector came and absolutely smashed it who cares if he plays some dodgy tunes, he plays to a crowd which these days are mainly kids and the they f***ing love it.
People need to lighten up a bit. When he plays “serious” clubs he plays accordingly.
Similar could be said for Coxy playing funk sets occasionally.

Hector is underrated. Saw him open for Sasha and Digweed in Toronto last year snd he played really well.

this article was doing the rounds over the weekend. Bit of a long read and a bit rolled-eyes in places but, in a nutshell, it offers a not particularly favourable view of Jackmaster, Resident Adviser, Peggy Gou, the Black Madonna or the 'industry' in general..

*I didn't realise that Peggy Gou had been 'buying likes'. Sounds to me like she is a fraud and has fooled quite a few people over the last year (myself included) - symptomatic of just how rigged the 'hype machine' is now

https://telegra.ph/Precedent-Adviso...x2RHG_52YYlTE_Bxo2jXr8Eu6TZ9NcNSLgqDGvaZZTxzw

she is overrated, buzz hype that lobotomize lots of people ...
some girls (didnt remind who is she) on my fb texting me, can u publish videos of peggy gou at dc10 on ur feed?
i didnt want to hurt her in answering i dont like this overated girl...:D but include 1 video to please her
i attend to her set at dc10 by curiositéy..to forget :lol:

to be back to the topic, im quiet gutted Jackmaster has been removed form ibz lineup, im not following all gossip about djs TBH :lol: but always nice music along his sets attended in ibiza.

*I didn't realise that Peggy Gou had been 'buying likes'. Sounds to me like she is a fraud and has fooled quite a few people over the last year (myself included) - symptomatic of just how rigged the 'hype machine' is now

https://telegra.ph/Precedent-Adviso...x2RHG_52YYlTE_Bxo2jXr8Eu6TZ9NcNSLgqDGvaZZTxzw

Interest read with several good talking points. Regarding this 'buying of likes' or bot culture, I guess it depends on how much emphasis you (me, we) give social media likes in general. That particular popularity contest is irrelevant to me. But that doesn't mean it's not dishonest.
There is a Ibiza promoter who is very open about the fact that he uses bots to grow his party's social media channels, and says that this tactic has been pivotal to its success. He even encourages other promoters and artists to use them. Under that perspective, it is merely a tool to be used.
I suppose the bottom line is, if you're only booking an artist/going to see an artist off the back of their popularity, you're already doing it wrong - so it's hardly hoodwinking the wrong people. Then again, although the barometer may have changed, hasn't this always been the case? And we're back to the commercial/underground discussion.

this article was doing the rounds over the weekend. Bit of a long read and a bit rolled-eyes in places but, in a nutshell, it offers a not particularly favourable view of Jackmaster, Resident Adviser, Peggy Gou, the Black Madonna or the 'industry' in general..

that article articulates a lot of thoughts of mine.

i just go with what i like so don't follow their music but the likes of peggy gou and that virgil guy from louis vitton getting top gigs are proof that the image is more important than the music to a lot of people.

at least paris hilton's ibz party was a stand alone thing on the fringes. it appears these clowns are able to insert themselves at the heart of it all

Seems little doubt to me that a lot of Peggy Gou's appeal is image (she owns her own fashion house for starters), and yet, she played one of the best sets I saw in Ibiza this summer - playing material that nobody else played, refusing to compromise with crowd-pleasers that even the island's biggest residents are guilty of.

I’m not saying shes a fraud but that remix of hers that is popular at the minute is absolute sh**e !

Not withstanding the fact that remix is indeed shite, her own productions have been a breath of fresh air.

I'm an outsider here and most of the people I know in music don't 'play the game' (which is probably why they're playing pubs/basements/hot air balloons rather than state-of the-art clubs/festies) but it does seem to me that the backscratching and mutual masturbation exercise known more commonly as the hype machine is creating a distorted impression of where the 'scene' is really at. I can understand why people do it, why people start believing their own publicity but it isn't for me really a reflection of where the interesting music/parties are happening and RA is largely complicit in that. Now even so-called 'underground' people see themselves as celebrities and it is all unsaturated, undiluted, unmitigated HORSESHIT.

If you're in the business purely for artistic reasons and don't want to subscribe to all that carry-on, aside from being admirable, I doubt getting a gig one of Ibiza's top clubs is on your agenda.
But if you are motivated by that, either out of ambition, ego, paycheck or combination of all three, then absolutely you need to play the game.

true dat - but it's like the whole "fake news" thing - how much music hype is phoney? how many charts are rigged? how many gigs are played out using other people's tracklists? how many people are getting gigs as DJs on the back of one successful reissued production (no names fatima yamaha..) the cynicism creeps in and the average punter is inevitably left wondering..

true dat - but it's like the whole "fake news" thing - how much music hype is phoney? how many charts are rigged? how many gigs are played out using other people's tracklists? how many people are getting gigs as DJs on the back of one successful reissued production (no names fatima yamaha..) the cynicism creeps in and the average punter is inevitably left wondering..

True, I wonder when the shift happened? certainly growing up there was little to no synergy between between a producer and a Dj. I didn't hear 'finally', and itch to see kings of tomorrow behind the decks

Looks like he hasn't played anywhere since August. I know he got taken off the Pressure line up last month too. Is he finished? Also, the kettle thing is a joke made by Kevin Bridges and that patter is now used a lot by Scottish folk. Someone posted it and other nationalities reading it didn't get it which is why that story grew arms and legs!

Looks like he hasn't played anywhere since August. I know he got taken off the Pressure line up last month too. Is he finished? Also, the kettle thing is a joke made by Kevin Bridges and that patter is now used a lot by Scottish folk. Someone posted it and other nationalities reading it didn't get it which is why that story grew arms and legs!

He behaved like a sex pest. F'ck him.

Back