Is Wonderland really THAT bad?

drtechno

I was thinking of checking out Wonderland @ Eden Fri July 31. The line-up looks great: Pete Tong, Luciano, Deadmau5. But I have yet to hear anything positive about Wonderland. Just one aweful comment after another.

Is it really just a big UK stag party? Has anyone had a good night there?

Well looks like there will be at least 3 of us there NOT from the UK :)

Anyone know how long of a cab ride (how much $$!) it is from Playa d Bossa ?

I'm arriving with a car from PDB.
Thing is i'm leaving PDB at around 16:00 and heading to San An to Radio One party at Ibiza Rocks Hotel that afternoon and from there directly to Wonderland @ Eden.

If u r well up for all of these shenaningans so u can catch a ride with me, as i have 1-2 free seats available in the car :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes please! Thinking of going 8/28 for Tong and Fat Boy Slim since Cocoon Classics will be nightmare crowds. Would like to hear if eorth it, haven't seen Tong in years so what the heck.

Pete Tong is one of the worst if not the worst dj ive ever seen. Worst night ive ever had was at pacha few years ago for pure pacha. Why the hell he has moved to san an I dont know. The clubs just gonna be full of louts anyway.

Yes please! Thinking of going 8/28 for Tong and Fat Boy Slim since Cocoon Classics will be nightmare crowds. Would like to hear if eorth it, haven't seen Tong in years so what the heck.

We were contimplating this night. We saw fatboy about 8 yrs ago by chance on a stag do in Prague and it was an amazing night.

I'm not sure about Pete Tong though! We have been considering Pure Pacha instead in the Friday, then Hed Kandi at Space on Sat.

Alternatively, Wonderland on Fri, then Defected @ Pacha or Hed kandi on Sat! Decisions, Decisions!

the only positives I can extract from my experience at WONDERLAND were that I was with my mates, it cost nothing and that the groove armada room offered an escape.

The few times I craned my head round, I basically found crap over-the-hill DJ playing crap music to crap people in a crap nightclub in a crap corner of Ibiza.

the only positives I can extract from my experience at WONDERLAND were that I was with my mates, it cost nothing and that the groove armada room offered an escape.

The few times I craned my head round, I basically found crap over-the-hill DJ playing crap music to crap people in a crap nightclub in a crap corner of Ibiza.

that's what I fear! We are staying in San An and I don't want to end up just bowing to the convenience factor of Eden!

The one thing I can't stand about Olly is that he always sits on the fence on so many subjects :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOLOL

But for a minute, lets pretend the DJ lineup is good (even if you take out Tong, you are left with Deadmau5 and Luciano, although I have never seen them at a club, seem pretty great I think).

Does the club, and the crowd, (and the crap area) really suck that bad to overrule any good DJs? I've got better things to do than spend the night wrestling for dancing room with a bunch of drunk English ****ers in matching 'Im with cool' T-shirts :lol:

Does anyone have anything positive to say :p ? I'd like to hear what happens if the DJs are good.. does the crowd still suck?

LOLOL

But for a minute, lets pretend the DJ lineup is good (even if you take out Tong, you are left with Deadmau5 and Luciano, although I have never seen them at a club, seem pretty great I think).

Does the club, and the crowd, (and the crap area) really suck that bad to overrule any good DJs? I've got better things to do than spend the night wrestling for dancing room with a bunch of drunk English ****ers in matching 'Im with cool' T-shirts :lol:

Does anyone have anything positive to say :p ? I'd like to hear what happens if the DJs are good.. does the crowd still suck?

I have no problem with the crowd, but i can only base it on the time I was there. We had a great night when we were there 3 years ago. We saw no trouble etc, but it felt like we could have in any club anywhere rather something a bit special in ibiza. I hear the lighting, sound & stage in there have all been done up though??

When we went to Pacha the year before last, we saw a bit of skirmish in there, where a lad got sparked out. I think he ended up an unfortunate victim of it being too full!

Olly nooooooooooooooo!

(well, yes really!)

Yes i surely do!

I was at Wonderland @ Eden twice last summer and it was GREAT!
Stop listening to the cry babies here who tend to point out only negative things (hi Olly ;))

Yes i surely do!

I was at Wonderland @ Eden twice last summer and it was GREAT!
Stop listening to the cry babies here who tend to point out only negative things (hi Olly ;))

what on earth are you talking about, con-fusion? I radiate positivity in all its forms. :rolleyes:

However...

Doctor Techno deserves to know the TRUTH

namely

that EDEN is a thoroughly depressing experience - inside, there was absolutely nothing to tell you you were on a beautiful mediterranean island at all, maybe one plastic palm tree by the gents, unless I was hallucinating? who knows? certainly, we might as well have been at La Parisienne in Folkestone or Envy in Luton or that karzy in Swindon I once got dragged to... what's the point in travelling 1000 miles to recreate mediocre nights on your home turf? That's the thing I don't understand about this forum - so many numpties just desperate to find crap radio 1 club music in Ibiza...

as said before, minor consolation was to be found in Cato at least trying to keep the vibe underground in the other room, but despite that, and some effective beans (which went some way to mitigating the pain) you could not ever really escape from the fact you were fundamentally dancing in one giant hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
what on earth are you talking about, con-fusion? I radiate positivity in all its forms. :rolleyes:

However...

namely

that EDEN is a thoroughly depressing experience - inside, there was absolutely nothing to tell you you were on a beautiful mediterranean island at all, maybe one plastic palm tree by the gents, unless I was hallucinating? who knows? certainly, we might as well have been at La Parisienne in Folkestone or Envy in Luton or that karzy in Swindon I once got dragged to... what's the point in travelling 1000 miles to recreate mediocre nights on your home turf? That's the thing I don't understand about this forum - so many numpties just desperate to find crap radio 1 club music in Ibiza...

as said before, minor consolation was to be found in Cato at least trying to keep the vibe underground in the other room, but despite that, and some effective beans (which went some way to mitigating the pain) you could not ever really escape from the fact you were fundamentally dancing in one giant hole.

''effective beans''!!

Class.

I agree Eden is ****.

However...

namely

Does it really matter if people go over to Ibiza for the Radio 1 nights and go to Eden??? People go to Ibiza for different reasons. Not all are Ibiza snobs like yourself. I have enjoyed nights in Eden just as much as nights in the other clubs around the island.

People like you go into Eden with your mind already set about the place and night. Just go in enjoy the music and have a laugh, After all your on holiday!

Back