Is September more bustling than July?

TigerVlc

I'm probably coming to Ibiza in September (1st and 2nd weeks). I've been to Ibiza twice before. The first time I was a child, on 1982 or so, so I cannot give an opinion to this one, and the second time I was on august 2 years ago, and I think it was too crowded.

I'd like to know if it's worth it to visit Ibiza in July better than in September. When is the island more amusing and bustling (but not overcrowded)? Even tell me if it's better the 1st half or the 2nd half of both July and Sept. Regarding June, it's too soon for me and I believe excepting the opening parties the island must be still warming-up the big fiesta, is that true?

And the tickets to the big clubs, are cheaper in July or in Sept.?

Thx in advance.

Right I have been in June, July, August and September........my fave times are June and September, June cos everything is really fresh and there is a sense of anticipation and excitement about and September cos it is the end of the summer and everyone is just up for having it LOL!

The clubs are buzzing in June and you tend to get a lot of the best DJs cos a lot of them play at Opening Parties (Erick opened We Love Sundays last year, Danny T the year before :) ).

July is good, but I prefer the beginning of July rather than end, just cos I find you get more idiots around in July and August.

August is a definite no for me! We went once when Radio 1 were there and yes there were some good DJs around but there were so many idiots around :evil: Also the clubs are way too busy in August.

Like I said Sept is fab cos of Closing Parties and everyone is really going for it, it won't be as hot as July/August and you may get the odd cloudy day.

So if you're asking me matey I would go June (or beginning of July) or 2nd/3rd wk September (that way you will get most of the Closing Parties).

TigerVlc said:
And the tickets to the big clubs, are cheaper in July or in Sept.?

Thx in advance.

Oops forgot to say I have never really found much difference in ticket prices whatever month I go in (June and Sept might be slightly cheaper but not much)...........actually what am I on about when I tend to get back from Ibiza I have trouble remembering my name let alone how much I spent getting into places :p

I'm going on 16th July-30th July what do spotlight readers think about this time? We would have prefereed to go in the first 2 weeks or so of July like last year when we went 27th June-11th July but my mate's work commitments made that impossible.

Are the last 2 weeks of July too busy and full of beer boys like August, or is it still ok?

mid july till end of july is a good time, its busy sure, but it hasen't quite reached peak season yet......

you will be fine at that time, a good mixture of people in all the good places...

Sorted cheers for that Robo!! If it's busier than last time I'm in for a shock, went Cream on 4th July last year in Amnesia and it was mentally full! We nearly had to go in August because of Lee's commitments but he managed to sort it wiv his boss for him to go last 2 weeks of July.

Is it true that Ibiza isn't as busy as it once was?

last year, yes it was true that some parts of ibiza weren't as busy as previous years.....mainly san antonio, this maybe due to lots of reasons, like costs and the fact that every year there seems to be a 'new ibiza', but i can tell you that most fo the clubs recorded there busiest nights last summer....cream had its busiest year, space on sundays was always packed, and the island was in full flow....

i went to cream last year at the start of august, and it was the busiest i have ever seen it.....it was a tiesto and pvd night....and even at 7:30 you still had to fight your way through the crowds!!!!

doin't worry the quality nights will always draw crowds.....

my only beef about going for the closing parties(ie the end of sept) is that
∆ service in restaurants & bars can be a little poor. peeps seem tired and out of energy after having worked the whole summer and are just wringing the last weeks out
∆ Some clubs (esp, IMHO the Amnesia closing party) tend to cliequeyness. lots of workers and locals who can be a bit dismissive of mere 'tourists'
∆ The weather is not always brillant every day.

Ive been late sept twice and think i prefer the last week of June. Like the ever wise barbie says, you get the best djs at the opening parties and everybody is FRESH FRESH FRESH.

still, anytime in the summer is gonna be better than being at home :D

But I think going on vacations in September (wherever you decide to go) is better than in the beginning of the summer. Why?

If you spend your best summer days and nights in June, when you return home you're gonna be sad thinking that the party is going on there on the island and there's still a long summer far away from it.

If you go in Spetember, your summer will be exciting just by thinking that the best is still to come.

There's a proverb in Spain that tells: "the last one to laugh, laugh better". I don't know if there's some similar proverb in the UK or USA or wherever. But I think it's a good proverb. ;)

These posts have got me stoked as i'm booked from the 21st of June to 3 July!! And i'll be even more stoked if WeLOVESundays opens that weekend! :p

If you spend your best summer days and nights in June, when you return home you're gonna be sad thinking that the party is going on there on the island and there's still a long summer far away from it

I got that one covered cause August Long weekend has a mental fest in the forest near where i live. Its bin going for last six years and showcases some pounding house and break talent. IF there are any peeps on here from BC or western US hit up: www.farmboyparties.com/

:D :D :D

Over the past years I've visited Ibiza in July and August. August was too crowded last year, this summer I'm going in July.

TigerVlc said:
But I think going on vacations in September (wherever you decide to go) is better than in the beginning of the summer. Why?

If you spend your best summer days and nights in June, when you return home you're gonna be sad thinking that the party is going on there on the island and there's still a long summer far away from it.

If you go in Spetember, your summer will be exciting just by thinking that the best is still to come.

I think the best thing to do is go for a wk or so in June, just to give you a little taster :p and then go back for 2 wks in September :lol: That's what we're doing this year, 11 days in June and 2 wks in September. Last year due to my boyfriends brother getting married (god some people are soooo selfish :p ;) ) we had to go for 2 wks in June and 1 wk in September and come August I was stomping round cos I wasn't happy that we'd already done the longer holiday.............my boyfriend told me I should stop being so ungrateful and be happy that we were spending 3 wks in total in Ibiza so that put me in my place :p

Well I have my tickets booked for June 25th and Aug 27th both for 2weeks.... You all think thats a good choice or not? I've only ever to been to Ibiza once before and that was in July!!!! AWESOME!!!

Lil'angel said:
Well I have my tickets booked for June 25th and Aug 27th both for 2weeks.... You all think thats a good choice or not? I've only ever to been to Ibiza once before and that was in July!!!! AWESOME!!!

That's perfect! You'll be in the beginning and the end of the summer. Who wouldn't wish such a great vacations like yours?

Mine is 16th-30th July so it's busy but not quite the incredible business of August! The last week might be very busy though I'd guess!

Woah!! I'm so glad both dates are perfect!! I really can't wait. To be honest, I still can't believe I've booked for Ibiza twice!!!!!!

hi lil angel,

you ok???

i bet your bank manager can't believe youv'e booked 2 trips to ibiza this year either hehehehehe!!!

Back