Is Rej by Ame the best track of recent times?

diver

Simple question really. I still cant get enough of this and I know its a few years old but is it really the best?

Another thing is that most DJs could fit this into a set somewhere and it would not be out of place. The original mix is classified as "House" which does surprise me however.

rej is an outstanding record although it does rip off moodymann - dem young sconies and isolee - beau mot plage

rej is an outstanding record although it does rip off moodymann - dem young sconies and isolee - beau mot plage

Didnt realise. Just checked them both out. I actually may still have the Isolee on vinyl8)

The moodyman track is mint

rej got caned everywhere I went to in 2005/06 - not sure there were too many records which appealed to everyone this decade, because dance music is more fractured than ever - but this was up there with sandcastles, the man with the red face, blackwater, phuturebound as tracks that both the underground and more commercial crowds could get their teeth into

the faithfanzine 15 best HOUSE tracks of the decade - according to recent poll (published in current mag)

1. kings of tomorrow - finally
2. kerri chandler - bar-y-thym
3. quentin harris - let's be young
4. octave one - blackwater
5. dennis ferrer & jerome sydenham - sandcastles
6. dennis ferrer - son of raw
7. detroit experiment - think twice
8. hercules & love affair - blind (knuckles mixes)
9. josh one - contemplation (king britt mix)
10. iz and diz - mouth (pepe bradock mix)
11. MANDY v Booka Shade - body language
12. stefan goldman - sleepy hollow
13. ame - rej
14. dubtribe soundsystem - do it now
15. larry heard presents mr white - the sun can't compare

Back