Is Jamie Jones over rated?

Most djs are overrated. There are a lot of amazing djs that blow me away. Not sure why some are singled out as the best. Doesn't mean they aren't amazing it just means they are on a par with many others. JJ seems to be enjoying major popularity at the moment and personally I have no idea what the fuss is about

I can understand why most people like certain DJs, even if I am not a fan myself.

I just find Jamie Jones below average and the music he plays boring.

im not too sure about him. me and my pal were havin a chat about this the other night.

his label, hot creations, a lot of it bores me now. everything sounds the same and there doesnt seem to be much individuality.

me and my friend were also discussing his night @ dc10 on thursday and im really not bothered about missing it. i would much rather give my money to enter.kehakuma where sounds will be more varied.

so the answer to ur question is yes, i think he is overated.

His problem is not that he's over-rated - I think he's actually a very sound and moreso musically knowledgeable guy...It's just that he's bred a genre of DJ's that play records that are great individually, yet with little or no variation, all to the TOWIE crowd. I've heard it called 'trendy baseline' house and it pretty much sums it up.

Take that Disco Gnome record - it's ace on it's own, tho sandwiched between 4 hours of the same slow baseline driven stuff with the ubiquitous distorted vocal snippet and it's really grating.

Crowd wise It's (the Hot Creations sound/crowd) is in no different place to where SHM were 4 years ago.

Jaime Jones AND Seth Troxler are very overated. And I wouldnt say Yousef is underated because he plays most Space openings and closings and is a resident for Carl Cox at Space. Seen Yousef countless times and hes never played a bad set .

I've not heard Yousef in ages but used to love his stuff.

Also have lots of respect for him because he started his career by winning the Muzik Magazine Bedroom Bedlam mixtape competition.

His problem is not that he's over-rated - I think he's actually a very sound and moreso musically knowledgeable guy...It's just that he's bred a genre of DJ's that play records that are great individually, yet with little or no variation, all to the TOWIE crowd. I've heard it called 'trendy baseline' house and it pretty much sums it up.

Take that Disco Gnome record - it's ace on it's own, tho sandwiched between 4 hours of the same slow baseline driven stuff with the ubiquitous distorted vocal snippet and it's really grating.

Crowd wise It's (the Hot Creations sound/crowd) is in no different place to where SHM were 4 years ago.

all of this ^^^^

Back