Is it worth it?

A

AndyCole

I dont like trance house or any kind of dance music, is it worth going to ibiza?
Is it just this kind of music or are the other options shite?
Also, how much money (just an estimate) would you need for two weeks, getting slaughtered every night?

not including hotel flights etc.. just money for when im out there

AndyCole said:
I dont like trance house or any kind of dance music, is it worth going to ibiza?
Is it just this kind of music or are the other options shite?
Also, how much money (just an estimate) would you need for two weeks, getting slaughtered every night?

The way i see it is this:

you dont like house music yet

Trust me, you are gonna go to Ibiza, see a chemist, spend a day in Space, or an Afternoon on Bora Bora, or a night in Pacha, and you will be looking at property prices ot there. It is truly the maker of dreams and the shaker of reality.

Go with lots of cash (you will never have enough), an open mind, and open minded friends.

would you say the pre-club bars and other clubs with different genres of music are shit then? and its only worth goin if you plan goin to the big 7 clubs? :eek:

Suppose, I went hating dance music just wanting to get drunk all the time and pull loads of girls (cos I'd seen it so on TV) and I came back a changed man. In fact I've got a lot to thank Ibiza for because dance music is now a massive part of my life, I would never have got into it if it wasn't for Ibiza.

I can safely say i will never like this kid of music. Its not like i havent heard house music before, i just dont find that kind of music to my taste, and def. couldnt spend 14 nites listening to it. To me all trance, house, etc etc sound the same, maybe its ignorance on my part but i prefer different styles of music.
Are there no other options in Ibiza?

Don't like dance eh?

I can see their point, but Ibiza is definately a place you should visit.

However, you have to be able to take advice, which will ensure that, even if you never enjoy dance music, you will enjoy Ibiza.

Here's my four penneth worth...

DON'T stay in San Antonio. It has very little to show you about the island. Think Blackpool with sunshine!

DO budget to spend some time in Ibiza town, and talk to people.

MAKE SURE you go to Space on Sunday (about midday for the best experience, and Las Dalias restaurant (big trance parties with some of the friendliest people you could meet.

OH, and (again) budget for high water prices (£4-5 a bottle in the clubs)- no point wasting time there being pissed off 'cos of the shock!

I reckon you should go, read up about it and the music before and take an open mind. Remember, dance is a huge spectrum, NOT represented by Top of the Pops!

Oh, and (yes I know James will hate this, but the battle for liberalisation has to start somewhere), try E.

Nuff said eh?

Oh, except keep returning for further advice.

Best wishes, J

just as a matter of interest ......

i don't like dance music and i have never once been to a club and only occasionally to a party bar. since i arrived here in the 80's i have never been bored or stuck for something to do once.

i live in san antonio and would say that it is the most ibicencan of the 3 big towns on the island and is an ideal place for a holiday for all types of people.

there. that's my dos centimos worth.

I have been clubbing to places that play house, techno, trance etc before, it never changed my life then doubt it will now.
It seems like the type of holiday id be looking for is more in the west end area, but everyone seems to hate it and say its rubbish

AndyCole said:
I have been clubbing to places that play house, techno, trance etc before, it never changed my life then doubt it will now.
It seems like the type of holiday id be looking for is more in the west end area, but everyone seems to hate it and say its rubbish

If you want a proper beer drinking holiday with the lads and all that, you will probably love the West End. The problem with me and a lot of people on here is that we can all be accused of snobbery, we go to all the 'proper' club nights, the 'cool' bars etc and we tend to look down on the West End, basically cos for most of us it would be our idea of hell but that is not to say you and lots of other people love it. And at the end of the day it doesn't make us any better than you or visa versa.

As to whether the West End is better than any other Mediterranean options, I wouldn't know cos I've never been on a holiday like that. With Ibiza, you have got the option of the West End and all that, but on the other hand as previous posts have said it is a really beautiful island and you will find there are lots of other things to do except for hardcore clubbing.

Does anyone else know, for a simple getting hammered with the lads holiday, no concern for big djs etc, is the west end better than other Mediterranean options?

Like everything in ibiza, the west end is the best at what it does. It wont be admitted here, but yes, Ibiza is the best for beer boy shenanigans. All the others med places are poor imitations, pretenders to the throne.

There a hell of a lot more guys than there are girls in the bars and clubs of the west end Andy, compared to other resorts around the med, so that may be a factor in your decision

On the other hand Ibiza gives you so much more variety than any other destination does, - you should take James75's advice!

better plan another place to go to if you don't like dance.

Since you don't like dance music I would recommend you Benidorm, in Alicante (eastern shore of Spanish mainland) which is a very large resort town and there are lots of bars of all kinds of music and is very lively in summer. The people who visit Benidorm come from everywhere (UK, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, etc).
The dance scene is not as important as in Ibiza, naturally. However there are some important clubs such as Ku, Penelope, Pacha or Space. Definitely is a very cosmopolitan resort as well.

I also would recommend you Mallorca.

i can see this is causing a lot of debate....
so you don't like any sort of dance music hehehe!!!

yes believe it or not you can go to ibiza and not like dance music, look at stephen, and my parents hate the stuff, and they have the time of their lives there....

But if you do decide to go to ibiza, its a lot of money, and the music is house, trance, with some new garage nights popping up.....

its a tough decison to make, but if you don't really want to spend lots of money then maybe you should take a long hard think about it..

the music i like is nt gona be played in any of the resorts in the med, but i would like to go to a place with a variety of music, such as trance, garage, cheese etc, so i dont get bored of the same stuff all the time. If Ibiza is just thump, thump, dance music all the time, (i no many of you wont agree with that but its my opinion of it) then i dont wanna be paying £30 + to go and see some random person ive never heard of dj'ing.

trance, garage, cheese, is all a form of dance music, just different forms......

which are all played in ibiza

Back