is it the end for The Cross??

Ferd

Serious is moving its residency away from The Cross after god knows how long.
It'll be throwing special 10th birthday parties in different venues throughout London in 06 (like 21st of Jan at Turnmills)

Ive been hearing rumours they have to demolish The Cross for the new Eurostar Terminal in Kings Cross.. is this true??

(I can hear Barbie opening a champagne bottle now ;))

There have been rumours about it having been demolished for about the last 7 years. It nearly got closed down about 5 years ago, but at the last minute got a repreive (can't remember why though- whether it was perminent or only for a few years) :confused: :(

surely the eurostar link is quite a distance from the cross?

I don't want it to close down, fiction there is amazing fun and wouldn't be the same anywhere else...

Ferd said:
Serious is moving its residency away from The Cross after god knows how long.
It'll be throwing special 10th birthday parties in different venues throughout London in 06 (like 21st of Jan at Turnmills)

Ive been hearing rumours they have to demolish The Cross for the new Eurostar Terminal in Kings Cross.. is this true??

(I can hear Barbie opening a champagne bottle now ;))

Hehe, I'm behind the plans to demolish The Cross, drastic measures were called for after I agreed to go to Type with you ;)

I've also heard that Type is moving to Ministry :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

:lol:

No need to panic!!!! The Cross is staying put apparently.. its only Serious thats moving... hmmm maybe Serious is going to Ministry again :p

I wonder whats going to replace Serious the 3rd saturday of the month at The Cross.. maybe Deep Dish specials or Derrick Carter.. ;)

Ferd said:
:lol:

No need to panic!!!! The Cross is staying put apparently.. its only Serious thats moving... hmmm maybe Serious is going to Ministry again :p

I wonder whats going to replace Serious the 3rd saturday of the month at The Cross.. maybe Deep Dish specials or Derrick Carter.. ;)

In your dreams Fernando, Delboy is fussy where he plays :p :lol: ;)

naddyz said:
surely the eurostar link is quite a distance from the cross?

I don't want it to close down, fiction there is amazing fun and wouldn't be the same anywhere else...

Agreed about the Cross. It'll be sad to see it go!

Buckley said:
It'll be gone by 2007, as will Canvas, it seems(?)

http://www.argentkingscross.com/live/planning_application/index.cfm?id=148

Although Billy Reilly seems to think it be there:

http://www.mondiale.co.uk/night/reilly.html

Having said that, I don't when that interviews from, but then I don't doubt that his three and six years leases would easily be bought out.

Serious are probably experimenting to find a new home if/when it closes.

Interesting articles there, btw

Is the Mondial/Night link one from your days "in the game"?

Back