Is it Spring yet?

Beckiboo

I f*cking HATE this time of year. The weather is rubbish, dark mornings, dark evenings, Christmas / NYE is over :( I want to hibernate for a month or two :spank:

And to top it off I'm doing double the amount of work at the moment because my colleague is sunning herself on a beach in Jamaica :evil: Grrrr :evil:

There is a lot to be said for hibernation.

Our hedgehog hasn't been seen for a few months and won't likely make an appearence for another couple, tucked up cosy & warm somewhere.

I always consider it the downhill run once the new year is underway:lol::lol:

ohhh cheer up! i'm gonna be melting in 37degree heat 2moro....:lol:

i was miserable when i lived in london over winter......
it wasnt the cold so much as the dark days...... urgh!

(give you an excuse to eat hearty meals though ;)

I always think to myself "I know Jan/Feb is gonna be **** - I will be skint, no good DJ's playing up here, its ages til summer blah blah blah"

So I decided to focus on the nice things about this time of year....

the shortest day of the year has been and gone - therefore its getting lighter :lol:
dark and cold nights - all the more reason to snuggle up with my man and have early nights :lol:
borrowing the neighbours dog and going for long walks all wrapped up with a chill tab
eating lots of healthy chunky food
saving money by not going out every weekend

I actually feel very upbeat so far this year considering the end of last year :lol::lol:

I always think to myself "I know Jan/Feb is gonna be **** - I will be skint, no good DJ's playing up here, its ages til summer blah blah blah"

I actually feel very upbeat so far this year considering the end of last year :lol::lol:

Me too mate. Not sure why but feel very positive about things.

January is my fave month of the year - the torture of xmas left behind; a birthday to look fwd to and wild hopes for the year ahead - naive optimism, of course, crushed by Feb 1st and 11 months of misery inevitably follow but for a few weeks, you dare to hope..

January is my fave month of the year - the torture of xmas left behind; a birthday to look fwd to and wild hopes for the year ahead - naive optimism, of course, crushed by Feb 1st and 11 months of misery inevitably follow but for a few weeks, you dare to hope..

:lol:

I have lots of things to look forward to this year and an ever fast approaching wedding so at the moment im glad to still be in January embracing the miserable cold wet weather :D

I've been walking round with a smile on my face all day as Barcelona is beeeauutiful right now.

Not to rub it in Bec. :lol:

I'm doing a rain dance for Barcelona as we speak :twisted:

It's soooo gloomy here in London today :x Dark, rainy, miserable!

I've been walking round with a smile on my face all day as Barcelona is beeeauutiful right now.

Not to rub it in Bec. :lol:

:evil::D:D

Went out for a 5.30am sea front bike ride in line with the newer leaner me.

5.45am turned round and went home as the sub zero gales from the north sea sapped any resolve to be fitter.

I have decided that shorts are not a good idea and that hey, she's married to me now, i can't be expected to be lean and mean all my life.

I'm really looking forward to this - will be my first one. :p

the lineups haven't been announced yet have they? wasn't sure if the website was behind - FNAC on Pza Catalunya usually have the lineups for the summer gigs etc listed months in advance

the lineups haven't been announced yet have they? wasn't sure if the website was behind - FNAC on Pza Catalunya usually have the lineups for the summer gigs etc listed months in advance

Not as far as I know, but then I don't know anything.:lol: I'll keep an eye out.

I'm doing a rain dance for Barcelona as we speak :twisted:

It's soooo gloomy here in London today :x Dark, rainy, miserable!
I just traded 2.5 weeks of temps in the 26-28 C range for the cold, icy mess that is Moscow.

"Warmed up" today from last week's sub-zero icebox to a balmy 2 C, with freezing rain.

I can't even begin to describe the joy. :cry:

I just traded 2.5 weeks of temps in the 26-28 C range for the cold, icy mess that is Moscow.

"Warmed up" today from last week's sub-zero icebox to a balmy 2 C, with freezing rain.

I can't even begin to describe the joy. :cry:

You need a fur coat m8:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I decided to focus on the nice things about this time of year....

the shortest day of the year has been and gone - therefore its getting lighter :lol:
dark and cold nights - all the more reason to snuggle up with my man and have early nights :lol:
borrowing the neighbours dog and going for long walks all wrapped up with a chill tab
eating lots of healthy chunky food
saving money by not going out every weekend

Me too feel upbeat, I have no idea why as I am usually doom and gloom. Maybe its a reflex to the Credit Crunch gloom. Instead of getting depressed stay happy.

Very random!

Random is good! 8)

I think mine is just a that I hate being miserable, specially over things that I have no control over like dark nights and cold and Jan....:lol::lol::lol:

I just make sure I have a laugh every day and find something to amuse me that's all..... once you start doing that it just becomes the norm.....

its like a joke I heard - might not be to everyone's taste but I have been pissing myself laughing for about 10 days at it when I think about it....

The weather in Manchester is like a Muslim.....

....................Its either Sunni or shi-ite

Back