Is everything more expensive this year?

JonnyDp

A friend of mine just got back, and whilst he says he had a better time than last year the genral price of almost everything had noticeably increased.

Or is it just that prices have been rounded up wherever possible when converted to Euros?

Think of it this way: OK, with the change to the Euro, shops will be trying to con people with higher prices. But then, I doubt the locals would stand for this, so my advice is to stay away from the more tourist type shops and go for the local Spanish ones. In the tourist shops, a litre of vodka was about €12, but I found a local shop hidden away which was only €6 for the same bottle of vodka!

dunno about ibiza, but shops,clubs etc. rounded up prices all around europe when they converted to euro (here in finland anyhow) :x

that reminds me. i paid 3€ for a glass of beer in coastline this year, and last year it was 500 pts. needless to say i haven't been back.

djb

cue "at least the ridiculous prices keep the beer boys out" reply.

jokes aside, MOST THINGS are more expensive - really gets me mad.

here are a few e.g.s

Croissants in the local baker
last year: 80 pts
this year: 75 cents - that's a ****ing 50% markup

Entry Pacha
last year: 7000 pts
this year: 50 euros - that's more than 10% markup.

Beer in Space
last year 1000 pts
this year 8 euros - at least 40% mark up - RIP-OFF
in pacha 10 euros - 60% mark up - ****ing cheek

I am ashamed at what people are charging - serves them bloody right that this is a shit year (business wise). hope the next few are too - ibiza needs to get its nose out of its arse and start delivering quality at a reasonable price, instead of trying to rip everyone off.

that's my rant for the day.

oddly enough james, my girlfriend cherry b ( a marketeer by trade) has been saying the same thing too, but not with the same technical terminology you used.

DJ Biff

DJ Biff Wrote:

that reminds me. i paid 3€ for a glass of beer in coastline this year, and last year it was 500 pts. needless to say i haven't been back.

djb

1 Euro = 166.386 Pta's therfore 3 Euros = 499.16 Ptas, the exact same price as last year so you could hardly say you were done can you?

Back