Is anyone considering working on the Island next year?

cypher

I have been seriously thinking about working on the island next year. I want to go for the entire season and was wondering if there was anyone on the boards that was also going to work or anyone that can give me some advice on getting a decent job.

If you're a bloke the choice of decent/well paid jobs is pretty much slim to none.

best bet is you get out there take a budget for a couple of weeks to look for a job

get there early may, and you'll have a good choice of bars waitering etc etc, you hook up with people out there to stay

very difficult to do things from here

hope that helps :D :D :D

yeah save ya pounds mate cause working a season dont come cheap did it last year probably gonna do it next year too,dont worry thers always jobs about

Nitefly and Kingclubber, Thanks that does help. I have just realsied that that I am in the wrong forum to ask this question..........ooops! :oops: I think that I am going to make the ultimate sacrifice and sell my car so I will have some money to take out with me.

cypher said:
Nitefly and Kingclubber, Thanks that does help. I have just realsied that that I am in the wrong forum to ask this question..........ooops! :oops: I think that I am going to make the ultimate sacrifice and sell my car so I will have some money to take out with me.

no worries, if you are really serious, then hold off selling your car, save this year for next year and just take enough to tied u over for couple of weeks (you won't spend lots then you'll be busy looking for jobs) you'll find a job no probs at begining of may and your set! :D

u dont have to go may time,i went in july and found a aprtment andjob within 2 days there always people going home and dropping out of jobs if u need any more info pm me

Yeah most jobs have a really high turnover. People are forever chopping and changing who they work for, and start going home etc. You shouldn’t find it too hard to get a job, as long as you’re prepared to put in a little hard work to go with the partying.

I was there the summer of 2000 and 2001 and had a ball. You should def go for it matey.
:D

klingclubber said:
cypher said:
Nitefly and Klingclubber, Thanks that does help. I have just realsied that that I am in the wrong forum to ask this question..........ooops! :oops: I think that I am going to make the ultimate sacrifice and sell my car so I will have some money to take out with me.

no worries, if you are really serious, then hold off selling your car, save this year for next year and just take enough to tied u over for couple of weeks (you won't spend lots then you'll be busy looking for jobs) you'll find a job no probs at begining of may and your set! :D

Cheers, I will do. I was a bit bothered about going out there with that kinda money to keep me going for the whole season as I know me and I would be lazy and not work. That is not really what I want to do, because I will not meet anyone. Do you think that it is worth just having the money in reserve?

I want to get rid of my car though, as I have to taxi all my mates everywhere and it costs me too much money every month. Public transport for me :rolleyes:

cypher said:
Cheers, I will do. I was a bit bothered about going out there with that kinda money to keep me going for the whole season as I know me and I would be lazy and not work. That is not really what I want to do, because I will not meet anyone. Do you think that it is worth just having the money in reserve?

Plus you’ll end up going on loads of benders and blowing the lot at the beginning of the season then wonder what the hell you done with all your dosh!! :rolleyes: ;)

cypher said:

I want to get rid of my car though, as I have to taxi all my mates everywhere and it costs me too much money every month. Public transport for me :rolleyes:

of course if you can spare have money in reserve, as the money you will earn will prob just cover accommodation and food, but reserve money can be for some good nights out ;) :D

re taxi to all your mates, know how ya feel, although one day there will get a FAT U OWE ME 100,000 lifts ;)

NITEFLY said:
u dont have to go may time,i went in july and found a aprtment andjob within 2 days there always people going home and dropping out of jobs if u need any more info pm me

Thanks, I will do. That was good going to find digs and a job in two days.

K - It has to be done. Got to do it now whilst I am still motivated.

Thanks for the encouragement peeps. [/quote]

klingclubber said:
cypher said:

of course if you can spare have money in reserve, as the money you will earn will prob just cover accommodation and food, but reserve money can be for some good nights out ;) :D

re taxi to all your mates, know how ya feel, although one day there will get a FAT U OWE ME 100,000 lifts ;)

Oh I cannot wait for the good nights out. It is absolute hell being back. I have never thought about issuing the IOU's but it is an idea that I am going to take on board. The only thing is that one of them does not drive, So I think I will make him buy me a bus pass ;) either that or a beer.

Back