Ipod Question

Barbie

Hello :lol:

Tom is running the marathon next year so I want to get him an Ipod Shuffle for when he's training, but when I've looked online there seems to be a few versions of the Shuffle....and the most recent version (I think) gets rubbish reviews for using it running. Has anyone any experiences of it? Or which is the best Shuffle to buy? We've got other Ipods for holidays etc so this one would only be used for running so doesn't need any fancy functions on it.

I use the shuffle for running (the last model) and have no problems. If you get the Nano you can also use Nike+ Sport Kit which is excellent ( I have it but not linked to the iPod)

I'd get him the iPod Nano. Still plenty small for running, tons more functionality, and it's got a shuffle mode if you want to be random ;)

i agree, i have the i-pod nano and its fine, holds 1700 tracks and when in shuffle mode does some really good compilations! on a really boring middle aged note though i took out the apple cover which proved invaluable this summer as the nano screen went a bit wierd in ibiza and when i got home sent it to apple and was sent a brand new shiny one!! result !

Hello :lol:

Tom is running the marathon next year so I want to get him an Ipod Shuffle for when he's training, but when I've looked online there seems to be a few versions of the Shuffle....and the most recent version (I think) gets rubbish reviews for using it running. Has anyone any experiences of it? Or which is the best Shuffle to buy? We've got other Ipods for holidays etc so this one would only be used for running so doesn't need any fancy functions on it.

I had one for a while - since replaced with ipod classic (on my second ipod classic now - predecessor accidentally drowned in some cider on primrose hill in the summer)

shuffle pros

small
light
uncomplicated
ideal for sport/gym
cheaper than other ipods

shuffle cons

laughable capacity
a pain finding anything
no visual display
not knowing/forgetting what is on there
randomised play can become a pain if tracks are loaded in order
easy to get bored of same tracks very quickly - more time wasted reloading

I recently purchased the 'sansa clip' (8BG) MP3 player by Sandisk. Wanted something small and compact for the gym but did not want the Ipod shuffle. Its about the same size, has a screen for easy navigation, great sound, easy to use, comes in various colours and memory sizes, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB and pretty cheap. Far better than a shuffle IMO.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk...MX11R-/Sansa_Clip_FM_4GB_MP3_Player.3319.html

+1

I got one for my Brother to run the Marathon with this year and it worked great.

Thank you everyone :D

Re the Nano, I get what you're saying but considering we're both what you would call 'technoligically backward' then it just seems it has lots of fancy features that wouldn't be used if all he wants it for is music while he's running.

That Sansa thing looks interesting and would do the job, how do you get songs onto it though, with itunes or do I have to get my head around something else?

I love my little shuffle! It's all you need.

Not sure if it's the latest model but I've never had any problems whilst running! :confused:

The Nano is good if you're a geek and want to connect your ipod to your trainers and have distance announcements etc over the music.

All sounds too faddy for me - just get the shuffle. ;)

That Sansa thing looks interesting and would do the job, how do you get songs onto it though, with itunes or do I have to get my head around something else?

Easy! Just load your CD's etc onto Windows Media and paste them onto the player.

Back