Interview: Carl Cox

Carl Cox said:
they’ve moved the bars back and the old DJ box, you know where the light and sound guy has been for years, well that is gone. Instead the lighting guy is by the Red Box, so now he overlooks the whole room. They’ve definitely spent money on it, so when people walk in it’ll be a nicer room to be in, the bar areas will be less crowded with people struggling to get past each other.
:idea:

What's up with the party calendar for Coxy? It has some dates with his name twice in the discoteca and some with him twice in the sunset terrace- does that mean 2 sets or is it just a typo? :confused:

I saw Cox about a month or so ago. He was absolutely fantastic... really got the atmosphere going in a pretty intimate club. the music was more banging than I have heard him play over the last few years. He seemed to be playing less electro guff and more techno. It went down a treat in the club! :D

I saw Cox about a month or so ago. He was absolutely fantastic... really got the atmosphere going in a pretty intimate club. the music was more banging than I have heard him play over the last few years. He seemed to be playing less electro guff and more techno. It went down a treat in the club! :D

You think so? I thought he played more electro stuff when i saw him a month ago than the last time which was at space 3 years ago- which was insanely banging!

He still rocks the place whatever he plays though!

Lol, what sort of club did you see him in? I saw him at the Stiff Kitten in Belfast which is pretty much techno, tech/deep house aside from a few curve balls. In fact I don't think I've heard electro there at all.

Not surprising if he tailors his set for the surroundings.

as my interview say, coxy at his best was 6 hour specials on the old terrace from 2 or 3 in the afternoon playing rockin latin infused house and techno.

best ever parties ever.

Lol, what sort of club did you see him in? I saw him at the Stiff Kitten in Belfast which is pretty much techno, tech/deep house aside from a few curve balls. In fact I don't think I've heard electro there at all.

Not surprising if he tailors his set for the surroundings.

It was at the Arches Glasgow on easter sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHm1sY2vf-I

He started off with electro but went into some tech house stuff later- i wouldn't exactly class it as banging techno - definitely not as hard as he was playing at Space in '06.

I saw him in Cardiff few weeks back I thought his set was quite housey like proper house in a good way! He also played electro and a bit of prodigy lol a good mix though and he's a very nice guy as I harrassed him to shake my hand about 50 times and have pictures with me (on my facebook lol) and not once did he ignore he shook my hand every time! Seeing the state of me he could have just brushed me off but he has time for everyone even the stalkers!(me lol)

It was at the Arches Glasgow on easter sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHm1sY2vf-I

He started off with electro but went into some tech house stuff later- i wouldn't exactly class it as banging techno - definitely not as hard as he was playing at Space in '06.

I was in Space 2007 and thought his set was very tech house as opposed to my first time I saw him around 1999 or 2000 where his set was techno. I think Coxy mixes it up a bit he plays a lot of genres but he always delivers in my opinion he is one of my favs!

What's up with the party calendar for Coxy? It has some dates with his name twice in the discoteca and some with him twice in the sunset terrace- does that mean 2 sets or is it just a typo? :confused:

well he typically plays both rooms...i would guess that's still the case and just an error that lists him in the one room or the other twice instead of 1x in each room.

I saw him in Cardiff few weeks back I thought his set was quite housey like proper house in a good way!

i was there aswell, best night i've had in a while! liked his set too, was housey at the start then went more on full towards the end, highlight was when he dropped oxia-domino heard him drop that so many times but never gets old!!! was quite funny to hear him drop mylo too, went down well tho! looking forward to seeing him on august 4th :)

did you hear the guinness theme tune track he played? any idea of its name?

he's a very nice guy as I harrassed him to shake my hand about 50 times and have pictures with me (on my facebook lol) and not once did he ignore he shook my hand every time! Seeing the state of me he could have just brushed me off but he has time for everyone even the stalkers!(me lol)
:lol:

Back