Interest rates down by 1.5%

Something bold!
Potentially something to stimulate confidence!
Good news all round!

I agree. My business factors over a million pounds worth of invoices every 90 days. Even if a fraction of the rate drop is passed on will be a significant amount over a year.

Fixed mine for five years not so long ago but feel ok about it really as I'll want to go traveling at some point and with the economy being the way it is, I need piece of mind. ;)

Fixed mine for five years not so long ago but feel ok about it really as I'll want to go traveling at some point and with the economy being the way it is, I need piece of mind. ;)

I remember you having some worries about what to do for the best at the time. Who'd a thunk things would go so crazy as they have? Peace of mind is underrated!:lol:

Did anyone see Question Time last night?

A member of the audience asked if it were possible for the government to force the financial institutions to pass on the rate cuts to customers. When the question was put to Jack Straw, he replied "We expect the mortgage providers to pass on the rates blah blah". Dimbleby interupted and said "I expect it to be sunny everyday day in the summer to little avail".

which piece robert? you missing a braincell.....;)

whoo hoooooooooooooo!!

just spokw tih my IFA and he's told me that with this rate cut and the .5 cut last month I will be paying approx £240 less a month!!! and it's coming down further still!!!

whoo hoooooooooooooo!!

just spokw tih my IFA and he's told me that with this rate cut and the .5 cut last month I will be paying approx £240 less a month!!! and it's coming down further still!!!

'kin hell, your mortgage must be near 300k?

wd though m8, we had to rough it out when the rates were going up 'n up, we can breath a sigh of relief :)

Back