Information Please!

Judoas

Hello All.

I have Never been to Ibiza, but am Interested.
I would like to know a few things first though.

1) costs, how much is it to go out to a club and drink for a night?
--> I am from Canada, but USD would be fine, I don't know what currency you use in Ibiza.

2) how long do you suggest I stay? I have a summer job and only plan on staying about 1-2weeks

3) Restrictions? I am 19, whats the legal drinking age.

4) Any other information you think I should know about Ibiza, I am a party animal back in good old Cold Canada, and am looking for something new and more fun.

club entry can cost u anything from 30 - 60 euros. drinks in the clubs start at 8 euros for a small bottle of water. Don't know what the euro to usd exchange rate is.

1 week i find is too short to do all the things u may want to do.

legal age to drink is 18, you'll be fine.

wow, thats quite a bit.

thats about $45 canadian just to get into a club.

this little vacation could cost me over $2000 for a week.
time to get a better job.

'ello Judoas:

Currency used in EUR (Euro).

I would strongly suggest two (2) weeks. It will give you the time to do the clubbing, see the island and mingle with the locals at a steady (not too fast, not too slow) pace. Let's face it Ibiza is not next door to us.

Excluding plane ticket costs, put aside $125 per day. That's USD.

Unless you really, really look like you are seriously under 16, you are fine as far as drinking is concerned. It is very hard to get drunk at clubs, because the drinks cost an arm and a leg; about $15 for a simple mixed drink like whiskey sour.

Miscellaneous Points:

What music are you into? Ibiza is mainly house and trance. If you are not into them, then do not waste your money. If boning chicas is the primary objective, save the hard earned $$$, and visit www.bunnyranch.net. It will definitely be a cheaper option.

If you are going solo, and want the biggest bang for your buck (no pun intended), stay in Sant Antoni. I stayed at Hostal Mari (booked through www.ibiza-spotlight.com). Decent place and staff. Do not worry about getting mugged, the chances are negligible.

As far as clothes are concerned, do not bring any synthetic blends (polyester, nylon, etc.). Cotton only. No, there is no dress code at clubs.

As far as when to go, I prefer opening season (late-June). Weather is comparatively cooler, and club prices are generally lower.

I think that is a very summarized to the point report.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

there is sort of a dress code. You will not want to wear a soccer shirt to Pacha or El Divino. It's expensive and getting worse because of fuel costs and a rising €. One week is short, but cheaper then 2. It's not like Cancun, or spring break. Tv shows paint very much the false picture. It's actually cool that it's a place so focused on music. There's nothing like being in a place where almost everyone is there for the music.

I love european Underground Techno and Trance.

I am going pretty much for the clubs, parties, beaches, and ofcouse, girls. :p

Back