in ibiza for world cup

I think everyone remembers their first world cup - a good way of finding out what generation someone is - and that and Mexico 86 are the ones that I have the fondest memories of.

Very wise words, definitely a defining moment in your sporting life. 86 for me, still think Lineker should have scored from that second Barnes cross.

this will be the 2nd world cup final ive missed due to t in the park!!!

can remember being pretty wrecked and looking up at the screen in the slam tent and the penalties were on.

thought i was tripping but mr garnier had put it on. gutted when france lost. not only would it have went mental with garnier on and felix next but i also had them in the work sweep!

cant see hawtin sticking on the final during plastikman! :)

can remember being pretty wrecked and looking up at the screen in the slam tent and the penalties were on.

thought i was tripping but mr garnier had put it on. gutted when france lost. not only would it have went mental with garnier on and felix next but i also had them in the work sweep!

Can you imagine the celebrations going on if it was England in the final and they lost though.. :lol:

I remember that... was a nice touch. They had a large screen in the campsite showing the football but I preferred the draw of the slam tent myself. :twisted:

I remember that... was a nice touch. They had a large screen in the campsite showing the football but I preferred the draw of the slam tent myself. :twisted:

na, there was no way i was missing garnier live and certainly not missing plastikman live this year.

england getting gubbed would be nice wee brucy bonus though! ;)

somewhere with a tv will be your best bet as the matches actually take place several thousand miles away.

once again the nugget of the admin group is back!! get a grip mate!!

thought these forums were to have some chat, get along and help with any folk that want to have a good time in Ibiza.. from what i can see is your just a retard and an arsehole :twisted:

@ Gav. Silly questions tend to get silly answers,most people seem to enjoy it like that !

btw, you might want to think about editing your last post.

not even getting into a daft discussion on somebody else's thread...

but the way I’ve seen it is there is a lot more numpteys on this site than i realised.
Cheers for the help n all that but whats came with it is a ****in joke:!::!:

well, this post was really worth while reading through all the comments. im just going to find any place and watch the matches rather than ask for advice where the best places are.

Thanks Anyway,
Dom

@ Gav. Silly questions tend to get silly answers,most people seem to enjoy it like that !

btw, you might want to think about editing your last post.

and how do you work that one out, ive never been to ibiza...looking for some information because id like to go to a place with good atmosphere not some bad little bar with a 14" TV.

Domford - OK, basically, here's the deal. Ibiza is in Spain, a football-mad country (and one of the favorites to lift the cup). There will be no shortage of places for you to watch the matches.

My experiences during the 2006 World Cup and Euro 2004 were that pretty much every pub around will have TVs on and many of them projectors or big flat screens.

If you're staying in San An proper, just check the bars around the West End or places like Orange Corner (where I watched the US capitulate to Italy in '06). There are plenty of bars out in the San An Bay area too.

and how do you work that one out, ive never been to ibiza...looking for some information because id like to go to a place with good atmosphere not some bad little bar with a 14" TV.
Well, I was responding to Gavvodka really,and all his attitude.

Anyway....so many bars will have the football on,most are quite open and you will be able to see what size tv they have ! Also many will have their matches chalked up outside so you can pick and choose as you wander around....:)

EDIT see how slow I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

In all fairness pal, i thought it was a valid question - id want to plan a good place to watch it in advance as well. Not sure why the sarcy comments were needed. Anyhow
theres a group of 22 of us over for the 2nd group game, we combining my stag do with Zoo, Space, Ushuaia etc... we are in Playa den bossa tho. In San An there wont be a shortage of places to watch it.

Watched the England Sweden game last world cup in Mambos, cos i slept in and we were staying just down the coast above Savannahs.

There was me, my missus and 2 other people, that was it. Good for the headache and getting served... not great for the atmosphere.

Itll be a great atmosphere everwhere just as long as england dont lose and yobbos smash up the west end.....

come on England!

thank you very much morbyd, don simon & hammy...
thats all i was asking for originally :)
its my first time there and i wanted advice, can't beat a good footie game with even better atmosphere & banter!

Dom

Back