impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn’t help that the some of the crowd control is flimsy to say the least…ropes as barriers that dicks were simply pushing through! Saying that, it was to be expected so my own fault for pitching up too late! I doubt the people at the end of the queue will even get in
Yes the queue was huge..when we finally went in still a huge queue...they indeed weren't getting it

Got there about 9 at got in finally at 12:30 cudnt believe it when they finally let us in

10 euro for a small bottle of pineapple juice ugh

the queue was similar to the one on week one, but it peaked far later than on week one. I was busy until almost 10pm so I only joined the queue at 10:30pm. at 2am I was finally inside, 3.5hrs of queueing. made some friends in the queue though and having missed all the party action lately, I was super happy being back in a club which was rammed. I never made it to the terrace, but adriatique and damian lazarus in the main room were great too. not the best dc10 ever, but finally felt some beats in my chest thanks to the thundering sound system.

yup it took far longer than we'd wished for, but ibiza is back. various afters happening today. keep on dancing at octan tonight, I think I might finally go as I missed sunday in the end.

respect to anyone waiting in a queue for 3.5hrs to get in any club in the world, cap doffed! I would have probably done up to an hour in my 20s and now in my 40s the sight of more than 20 people in a queue and im off to the nearest bar ! yous are all hardcore
Yeh I wouldn't do it again! Was a nightmare I dunno how I done it but once I was in the queue there was no turning back!

Missed most of the djs

Adriatique were good but guess what didn't play deep house so was disappointed

Damien lazarus was amazing and poinal was good

Solomon I didn't get to see as SO busy in that room and people shoving

respect to anyone waiting in a queue for 3.5hrs to get in any club in the world, cap doffed! I would have probably done up to an hour in my 20s and now in my 40s the sight of more than 20 people in a queue and im off to the nearest bar ! yous are all hardcore

yep, me neither. it's bad enough for the pollastre de l'ast (roast chicken) takeaway here on Sundays... Not sure I've ever queued for anything in Ibiza apart from the occasional long tailbacks into the old town

queue psychology is complicated though. when is it ethically acceptable to 'join' friends in a queue? how long do you wait till you A. give up or B. decide you've come too far?

either way am old enough to remember a time on clubbing forums when people reviewed what happened inside rather than outside...

I find it quite amazing that people actually queue for 3.5 hours to get into a club, to party for 3.5 hours.
Weirdly, I only persevered last night because of the time invested a fortnight before

I'm adamant I won't be doing it again. But still very pleased I got in and to experience a magical few hours

But, you're right, it's illogical. Sunken cost fallacy + FOMO combined to devastating effect

I imagine youre quite optimistic it wont be a 3.5 hour queue when you join and arent far from the front, after 2 hours you may as well stick it out.

Theres also an argument they couldve done 1 of the 3 parties for residents/workers only. I think that wouldve been fair personally to clubbers who had nothing for 2 years.

Any bars still open near octan? Could find anything the other day!
The one directly opposite the queue entrance was on the Anna Tur/John Acquaviva night. That was the only one though

Coco, Murphys and Top21 still open last time I went past

The only way to do DC10 imo is during the day without a big lineup. If the Terrace is rammed after the garden closes, just cut your losses and leave.

ah the closing is always the same really (and the line up actually doesn't matter all that much). have told the story many times on here, when the garden closes it's pandemonium for a few hours until people start to leave. if you are patient enough, it starts getting better again later and usually it's worth waiting it out.

The one directly opposite the queue entrance was on the Anna Tur/John Acquaviva night. That was the only one though

Coco, Murphys and Top21 still open last time I went past

Saw it close last week . Dont know at the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back