Important Information For New Ibiza Visitors

Steve-UK

Just a few tips i've picked up over the years:

1. Street Traders: Male - Shake their hand, be friendly, but dont try anything on, or even touch anything.

2. Street Traders: Female - Dont show your hands, they'll try to tie something round your wrist and demand money for it. At night, don't even look at them.

3. Buy multi-vitamins - they have built in inspect repelant (true!)

4. Hire a car, but book it before you go. Holidayautos.co.uk/.com is usally my cheapest

5. NEVER bring your cashcard with you at night! You'll regret it when you get home

6. Text messages cost Minimum 25p. Calls Minimum 75p (on Pay Monthly)

7. Roam to either Moviestar or E Vodafone - Amena is crap

8. If you are Pay As You Go, make sure you top up with £20 at airport before you get on plane - Trust me.

9. Minigolf is cool, but if you want to play real golf, you'll need to bring your handicap card with you (this cost me 50 Euros in taxi fair and no game) 1 course in Santa Eulalia, 2 in Calla Longa

10. Try many different restaurants - They are all lovely

11. REMEMBER - The Spanish government have now bought in a Hotel Tax, which MUST be paid upon arrival to accomodation. Not more than 2.5 Euro Per person, per night - but last week, we were running around at 1:30am looking for cash machine!!

Hope all this helps - will post more if I think of any

that's really useful info, and something i would never think of not being a newby here..........

anybody else add to this list?

StephenPowley said:
Just a few tips i've picked up over the years:

The Spanish government have now bought in a Hotel Tax, which MUST be paid upon arrival to accomodation. Not more than 2.5 Euro Per person, per night - but last week, we were running around at 1:30am looking for cash machine!!

Well...this is actually a step taken by the Balearic government only, not the whole of Spain. It's said eco-tax and it's assigned to ecologic issues.

Buy tickets for Pacha at the Pacha shops in San An or Ibiza town only 37 euro including a free drink instead of 50 euro on the door

Don't get the boat from Ibiza town to Bora Bora, although it's cheaper than a taxi it's a hell of a walk from the jetty to the beach bar.

Don't buy tickets from street traders....they're likely to be fake!

don't shake hands with male looke-lookes either

couple of years ago one tried to shake my hand and i noticed he had a bracelet around his wrist which he was trying to pass over to mine - i assume to then claim that i had now to buy it. given that about 5 others were lurking around him i made sure he didn't

Hotel Tax

Fergie19 said:
Was in Ibiza last year and never had to pay the new tax-did they just forget or something???

They may well have forgot, because we definately paid last year. And we were in apartments last year, not a hotel.

And if I remember rightly, you do get some of it back at the end of your stay. Cant remeber percentage though - but it was enough to get us some food at Eivissa Airport

Fergie19 said:
Was in Ibiza last year and never had to pay the new tax-did they just forget or something???

Our apartment covered this for us - they told us about it on the bus from the airport. Theres something about getting what you pay refunded before you leave anyway, so apt not really saving you any money, altho i've read that some places dont refund it - figure people none the wiser.....

Back