Important info for anyone staying in Es Vive

redbird

You are not allowed to take ANY drinks or food into the hotel rooms or public places. This means that you cannot even drink a bottle of water at the pool unless purchased from their bar. Bollox!

We took drinks to our rooms no problems, but if they saw people drinking own drinks round pool they'd ask them not to.

The sign in the lift said "absolutely" no food or drinks from outside to be consumed anywhere in the hotel including rooms and public areas. Bollox.

redbird said:
The sign in the lift said "absolutely" no food or drinks from outside to be consumed anywhere in the hotel including rooms and public areas. Bollox.

I don't think they enforced that tho, they saw us walking in with bottles of drinks many a time and they didn't say anything, I think it was just the people who were drinking their own drinks round the pool.

Yeah they want people to buy from the bar but also to encourage people to go down to the bar and be social rather than stay in the rooms. We always kept a large bottle of water in the room without any trouble.

Last year we took a bottle of vodka that we got duty free. We hardly drank any of it in two weeks anyway and ended up giving it to Magda the waitress.

It's perhaps a little harsh but they are not off hand with you. I think our vodka got a 'tut, tut' and a smile from the girl at reception when she told us we shouln'd take stuff into the rooms!

Also, they do have 24 hour room service if you do need anything which is great if you don't fancy the walk all the way down to Supermaket Toni (which is right next door, LOL).

PaulSub said:
Yeah, but we never tried ordering anything.

Yeah me too, but food wasn't on the agenda for us :p

I did have a goats cheese salad and a buffalo mozarella salad round the pool and they were lovely so I'd recommend them.

We had no information whatsoever in our room about any services available in the hotel. Just think the standards were not that great considering the cost involved.

redbird said:
We had no information whatsoever in our room about any services available in the hotel. Just think the standards were not that great considering the cost involved.

You should of complained straight away then. They cant fix it if they dont know theres a problem. English people dont kick up enough fuss or complain enough!

You have to take water to your room....like hell i'm brushing my teeth with salt water!! Anyway i took water, orange juice and a few food items and no one ever said anything. Maid never said anything either cause there was always wrappers littered about the room. She seemed happy as pie just to be cleaning my room :lol:

They do however advertise 24 hour room service...yes we had a menu but the kitchen closes at 7 :confused:

I dont think its a big deal though taking a few drinks to your room. Like i said i never got hassled.

It was round the pool that got me really irritated. People had to hide bottles of water in their bags and take a quick glug when the bar staff weren't looking. Like being in school. I saw the bar staff several times approach people and tell them it wasn't allowed to drink anything that wasn't purchased from the hotel. I even saw a girl take away a some bottles of water while the people were in the pool. I can understand it if you were drinking beer etc but WATER! come on!

Back