I'm a Rookie

N

Noycey

Hey, I've just booked some flights out to Ibiza for the 15th Sep - 19th Sep and it's my first time...bit of a virgin eh? but I've been a fairly regular clubber in the UK, mainly trance but also some Funcky House as long as it not too progressive and monotomous..Anyway I was surfing the net at work (busy day) and got forwarded to this site, read some reviews but really I don't want to spend hours trawling through posts like "got mashed, wicked" although it is wicked... but instead need some answers? What I really want to know is where to stay and go when I get to Ibiza? Here's what I like and am after out of the whole experience so maybe someone can help? I'm not into the beer boy, stagger out, get in fight thing...but am into the great music (Trance/Uplifting house) and great atmosphere thing...would kinda like to stay somewhere near the decent clubs in aircon and laid back hotel/apartments if poss and as I'm getting on a bit (27) would prefer somewhere that's not cockroach infested...obviously beautiful women dancing around in an eurphoric atmos with some of the greatest pumping tunes balsting my ear drums and then back to a chilled out apartment...would be nice but you can't get everything you want in life? can you? Live in hope. Well anyway any advice based on this criteria would be highly appreciated and put to very good use. Thanks.

Stay in Playa den Bossa or Ibiza Town, San Antonio has got more of a beer boy culture. If you stay Playa den Bossa/Ibiza Town you are close to Pacha, Space, DC10, Bora Bora etc. Also it is slightly older, more cosmopolitan crowd.

First of all you have done really well finding this site before you go on your first trip - most of us have had to go through the San An induction process until you find the better places to go!
That said I would still recommend that you don't forward plan too much - if you like your music, which you clearly do, you will have an amazing time whatever you do.
Where To Stay - Playa d'en Bossa, but don't go for the cheapest apartment you can find, there are some shocking places.
Where To Go - Bora Bora (unless you get a car), Space, Pacha, DC10's, also have a night or two in Ibiza Town just to eat, drink and have fun.

Have a fantastic trip ;) ;) :D

Do think about staying in the San An Bay area as well. Some good hotels and apartments there, particularly the ones on the beach side of the road. S'estanyol and Hawaii are great hotels but you may find them pricey. Apartments will be cheaper and there are loads of good ones.

From the bay you can enjoy the chill during the day, yet you're only a water taxi (my preferred mode of transport) ride away from the hulabaloo of San An, or the sunset strip if you like to chill a while longer. Maybe this is a bit of a cliche but I think everyone should do Cafe Del Mar at least once. Same can be said for Kumarhas.

As for more upbeat music, sounds like you're into similar stuff to me. Dave Eden's Euphoria@Eden is a good night, Cream@Amenisia (closing party on 18 Sep) and Summum has a trance night that sounds like it might be cool.

I'm there 11-23 Sep so may see you. BTW 27 and getting on a bit? Jeez, what hope is there for me? I'm in my early 40's but I can still give 'em a run for their money!!

Have a great time!

Thanks for the input... looks like San Anto center is probably worth avoiding but the bay and Playa d'en bossa seem like good suggestions....also glad to hear the age group is pretty varied..... had the misfortune of going to Kavos about 4 years ago and all I saw were embryo's on mopeds wearing baseball caps and Reebok classics...well looking forward to the trek and if anyone has any more good advice about where to go and where not to go! I'm all ears.

all I saw were embryo's on mopeds wearing baseball caps and Reebok classics

:lol: :lol:

You pretty much get the picture about were to go & were to stay away. You defenitly need to visit Ibiza town and experience the unique atmosphere.

you can also stay in ibiza town...i u want cheap adress in town, ask me...u can be near the pacha :eek: , near the bus central :rolleyes: , near the harbour :lol: , near talamanca(beach) 8) .....

Cool Dash...there's a few of us going though...is it private accomodation? or can I book it myself?

Noycey said:
Cool Dash...there's a few of us going though...is it private accomodation? or can I book it myself?
sorry, but i will only be abble to give you adress and phone numbers next monday (i haven't it on my pocket :( )
What do you want exactly ? u want it to be cheap, very cheap or middle prices :?:

Somewhere half decent...near the clubs..air con if poss and a pool? not too cheap, as in crappy.... am I asking too much here? :)

If you dont go to Bora Bora beach your holiday will be unfulfilled, make sure youre there after 3pm as this seems to be the time everyone suddenly goes mad and starts dancing. It was one of the highlights for me.

i'm out there in september.

Playa den Bossa is where i'm staying again. you cant go wrong with the place.

sample all the things the others have stated (especially bora bora).

and do go to ibiza town. i've had some exceptional nights down there. whether its been jesting with liam gallacher or watching jay kay pounce about above the base bar with some bloke dressed up as elvis.

fantastic atmosphere. great bars. great people.

Noycey said:
Somewhere half decent...near the clubs..air con if poss and a pool? not too cheap, as in crappy.... am I asking too much here? :)

arrrrr!!! i've forget the number :oops: , i give them to you tommorow morning ...

Back