If you had one night.....

Life of Rye

This is a question I sometimes ask myself when I dream of returning to Ibiza and I am not sure I can ever quite answer it 100% but imagine....

You landed on the island (pre covid) on any given day - how would your PERFECT day go including a night out if you so wished

would have to be a Monday, dump the bags and get pool side as quick as possible to get some much needed Vit D and vodkas down the hatchet. steady(ish) for the day before heading out for a bit of scran, first nights normally paella for us as we usually only have it when in Spain as something we can look forward to. over to Mambos to catch the sunset normally catch up with others that are over at this stage before heading over to DC10 to start the night off properly catching the last set or 2 in the garden before going aka boosie till closing

we usually fly out sundays but in perfect day / night situation this is how it would go down. pretty standard welcome to Ibiza goings on. wouldn't have it any other way

• Get a rental car.
  • Drive to sa Caleta for a quick dip post-arrival (I do it every time on arriving). Watch planes land in the already warm morning air (9am-11am)
  • Explore something new (e. g. the central plaza in es Cubells with a church and a terrific View I haven't visited yet) (11am-1pm)
  • Drive to some random beach, swim, soak in the sun, have a bocadillo and a mocktail at the beach bar (1pm-4pm)
  • Drive to PdB, check in to my hotel, don't waste time in the room (4pm-5pm)
  • Drive to the Salinas beach, get a sunlounger at Jockey's club, have early dinner served at the sunlounger while enjoying the chillout music played by the DJ and going for short swims between courses (5pm-8pm)
  • Don't go watch the sunset. Hurrying to a sunset location ruins the schedule.
  • Drive to the lookout point overlooking Es Vedra (past sunset but while there is still light). Enjoy the view and tranquility. Climb to the pirate tower and back (8pm-930pm)
  • Drive back to the hotel in PdB, have a shower, relax a bit (930pm-11pm)
  • Take a boat from PdB to Ibiza Town (11pm-1130pm)
  • Have some quick snack, climb to the top of Dalt Vila, enjoy the view/meditate/take photos with a tripod (1130pm-1am)
  • Take the last boat back to PdB (1am-0130am)
  • Get into the car. Now take the time machine from the trunk and dial a Thursday from one of earlier years when Cream was still about trance (or maybe dial a night in Space around 2000).
  • Drive to Amnesia, enter the VIP terrace using that Cream VIP ticket bought from Spotlight.
  • Get a yummy cocktail from the cocktail bar upstairs (20€ IIRC)
  • Get a bocadillo at the bar (Amnesia used to have great and very affordable bocadillos, 4€ IIRC)
  • Order a Cuba Libre with half amount of rum, get a full amount, complain (shrug), head to the men's room and pour half of the rum into the sink (this actually happened once - I prefer driving to drinking!)
  • Lose yourself in music (2am-6am)
  • Drive back to the hotel in PdB. Watch a perfect sunrise from the balcony.
  • Go to bed.
  • Wake up to the news about current Covid numbers and vaccine development :(

That’s great Craig, but what would your perfect day consist of in Ibiza?
Exam

Instructions
1. Read all the questions first

100. Only answer number 1

?
We all know he's a renegade! Answer the question you want to answer, not necessarily the one you have been asked!

Exam

Instructions

?
lol I only read the title..
Well probably a spotlight meet up but only somewhere with more than one entrance.. ?

I'm struggling with my PERFECT day because I could have so many differing experiences and I would still enjoy it.
I'm working on it though @Life of Rye
You could start by having tapas at tapas, for one moment everything just felt perfect...... both Waiters looked like The Martinez Bros, maybe it was them trying to get a feel of the crowd that at 9pm they will be taking them to the next level on nearby dancefloor..

Exam

Instructions

?
Will you have time for exam with all the paperwork laid out for you when you land..??..

Anyone who ever went would say Sunday afternoon at Space before they put the roof on.
Absolutely...gosh i remember they had SEGA machines and stuff up the right with people glued to them at 10am...whilst others were off their tits! It always ranked up a bit at about 1pm and that was you for the day (or night)...everyone was 100% lovely people. you’d get a pass out and nip to bora bora and come in for the evening. Great times!

okay, here goes

3pm - Full British Isles Breakfast at Fatso's SA
4pm - 2hrs or so sunbathing at S'Arenal Beach SA, drinking Grey Goose out of a Massive bottle
7pm - Few pints on the veranda at Flahertys Bar
9pm - Sunset at Mambos on the rocks, little cry and a big clap when the sun sets
10pm - Balcony of hotel. Microwave chips, argument with mates, make friends, shots.
11pm - Realise Ibiza Rocks has closed
12pm - Bus to Together at Amnesia
4am - Leave Amnesia as went in too early
4.15am - Illegal taxi back to hotel
4.30am - Make some noise for a few hours, walking around room with high heels clonking on the tiled floor
7am - Bed

Meet FatPhilB & crew at airport early morn.
Pick up battered Skoda.
Drive to Figueretas and meet up with some Uruguayan called Juan Pablo who comes 'highly recommended.' Bid farewell to Juan Pablo with a nod and a 'if ever you're in Dundee'.
Drive up to Santa G. Tapas at that bar with all the phallic cactuses on the window sill. Take 'detour' via St Joan in largely unsuccessful pursuit of instagrammable hippy pix.
Spend ages looking for Monkey Bar only to remember it closed years ago.
Carry on down to Salinas and dump the car on the dirt track to the irritation of some Belgians in a Mehari who wanted that space
Get 'involved' on the beach. Eat at ST. Cry at the bill.
Engaged in conversation by naked Dutch couple on sand who misunderstand our intentions. We don't misunderstand theirs and swiftly move on.
Whilst missus in water, flirt with Italian called Valentina in cornrows selling '100% authentic Ibiza' sarongs (made in Karachi).
Have existential conversation with FPB on the jetty about how 'life can never be this good again', moments before DJ Franco breaks into a cheesy Queen euromix.
Retrieve car, caked in dust and coated in 'hijos de puta' graffiti. Head back to apartment and 'freshen up' and slag off DJ Franco's selections to 3 mildly interested strangers on Spl forums.
Arrive at Pikes, hear Harvey drop cheesy Queen euromix. Text people in bed in Barcelona with clip, telling them it's one of the most incredible, life-affirming moments of my life.
See familiar faces from London. 'What are you doing here you c**t?! Btw i don't suppose you know anyo...'
Row with missus. Sleep in carpark. Avoid GC patrol. Swim in dawn water at Cala Gracio, dodging discarded condoms.
Prepare for Day 2.

Meet FatPhilB & crew at airport early morn.
Pick up battered Skoda.
Drive to Figueretas and meet up with some Uruguayan called Juan Pablo who comes 'highly recommended.' Bid farewell to Juan Pablo with a nod and a 'if ever you're in Dundee'.
Drive up to Santa G. Tapas at that bar with all the phallic cactuses on the window sill. Take 'detour' via St Joan in largely unsuccessful pursuit of instagrammable hippy pix.
Spend ages looking for Monkey Bar only to remember it closed years ago.
Carry on down to Salinas and dump the car on the dirt track to the irritation of some Belgians in a Mehari who wanted that space
Get 'involved' on the beach. Eat at ST. Cry at the bill.
Engaged in conversation by naked Dutch couple on sand who misunderstand our intentions. We don't misunderstand theirs and swiftly move on.
Whilst missus in water, flirt with Italian called Valentina in cornrows selling '100% authentic Ibiza' sarongs (made in Karachi).
Have existential conversation with FPB on the jetty about how 'life can never be this good again', moments before DJ Franco breaks into a cheesy Queen euromix.
Retrieve car, caked in dust and coated in 'hijos de puta' graffiti. Head back to apartment and 'freshen up' and slag off DJ Franco's selections to 3 mildly interested strangers on Spl forums.
Arrive at Pikes, hear Harvey drop cheesy Queen euromix. Text people in bed in Barcelona with clip, telling them it's one of the most incredible, life-affirming moments of my life.
See familiar faces from London. 'What are you doing here you c**t?! Btw i don't suppose you know anyo...'
Row with missus. Sleep in carpark. Avoid GC patrol. Swim in dawn water at Cala Gracio, dodging discarded condoms.
Prepare for Day 2.
Heres one I did 2018
1606914025397.png

24hrs Assumes staying in SanAn with kids and grandparents

-8a wake up, coffee and breakfast in apartment
-10a-Waterpark w/ cheappo beers and pizza for lunch on-site
-2p-Walk SanAn promenade, see what the 'yutes' are (not) wearing this year, stop for an ice cream at Capitulo 2, ditch kids and grampys at hotel for rest of day
-4p-Hit up my fav beach Escondida @ Cala Comte for some naked sun time (would normally stay for sunset, but only have one day), leave at 7pm
-8p-Namaste and Dinner @ las Dalias, leave at Midnight
-1a-Supermartxe or Elrow for a ridiculous production (only in IBZ one night), leave 6am
-7a-Back at hotel to sleep until noon

***in reality, I like to be home by 5am, as we normally dont have a babysitter and I am clubbing solo. I also have to be a useful dad at the beach/pool***

My best planned day, but a true IDEAL day in Ibiza would involve meeting some character(s) in the afternoon and having day hijacked into something completely unplanned and joyful, resulting in a story I can tell for the next 10 years (aka Ibiza magic).

Back