Ibiza Work Veterans......

A

al:uk

...i need your advice on what i need to do/have in order to go out to Ibiza and start working there this summer. i need lots of details cos this is my first time and i have to be prepared so i'd be very grateful if someone in the know could take the time to answer my queries!

could somone who has done a season please post here stating exactly the following:
*how much money they had to start them off
*what date they left
*where they stayed when they got to the island and after they settled in
*how much their accomodation was at the start and end of the season
*how soon they found work
*how many jobs they had
*what was their monthly income
*food expense
*what type of flight to get ie single or return
*any other things....

and most importantly..
*was it worth it??

just basically everything you did and what you would do better next time you came. it'd be good if a number of people posted their experiences so we can maybe compare them and put together a better plan for everyone to follow this season.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

ps. if everything goes well i'll be setting off end of may. i'm 20, male, student in gap year/s, a socialite, obsessed by dance music (i produce), and love sun and women ;), get in touch...[/b]

1.went out there with about agrand ended up spending another grand(old firm paid money they owed to me after i left)
2.went ou there end of july 2002
3.stayed with the owner of inox and there promters was lucky as was a very plush aprtment,was about 300 yrds from the west end
4.was 70 euros from start to finish
5.found work staright away,dont worry u will find a job no matter what
6.did a nites work at kanya but that was on my last nite of my holiday two weeks before i actually got out there,did a nites work at inox but left when friends came out unexpectadly then did the rest of the summer at coastline(I WARN U DO NOT WORK AT COASTLINE THEY TREAT U LIKE SHIT AND DONT PAY U)inox pay 140 euro basic and there is no pressure for handing out flyers
7.u should get between 70 to 140 basic plus u earn about 50 cent commision on every flyer handed back in
8.normaly only had 1 meal a day mainly beacuse u wake up have a meal go to work then staright to a club that was the routine i had for the whole summer
9.get a single becuaseu never know when to leave for home,u might run out of money and have to leave suuddenly like me

flyering the easiest job to do,san an is workers central easier to get accomodation here just look around or visit the ship in the west end where they advertise jobs and accomdation,if u go between now or june u have an easier chance of getting cheap accomdation i went end of july and got lucky paying 70 euros a week i knew people paying 100 euros

its the best time of your life mate and well worth it im doing it again next year,any thing else u want to know just let me know.

Here is my experience of last year

*how much money they had to start them off : 1000€
*what date they left : 17 may
*where they stayed when they got to the island and after they settled in : First in a little Hostal in Eivissa after in a little house
*how much their accomodation was at the start and end of the season : The hostal costed 20€/night so you'd better find an appartement as soon as possible / The house costed 600€/month (we were 4)
*how soon they found work : 3 days after arriving on the Island
*how many jobs they had : only 1
*what was their monthly income : 900€ without tips
*food expense : not that much, if you work in a restaurant, you eat there...
*what type of flight to get ie single or return: last year I went by car... This year I'm going with Iberia... 258€ for a one year-ticket, cheap!!! *any other things.... Too many things!!!

and most importantly..
*was it worth it?? YESSSSSS... Going back in 2 weeks!!!

Cheers

Hi...

*how much money they had to start them off
I took about £2,000 but i was there for 4 and a half months and spent loads that I didn't need to, came back with about £400

*what date they left
Beginning of May

*where they stayed when they got to the island and after they settled in
First in my uncle's apartment in Figueretas, then in the hostel above MegaMusic till our apartment was ready. Our apartment was above Nightlife.

*how much their accomodation was at the start and end of the season
Same wholeway through the season, it was €1050 a month for a 1 bedroom flat (4 people)

*how soon they found work
Worked for Kanya for a bit (don't do it they're awful!) then got a job with Slinky the day Kanya sacked us, then got a job with Euphoria as well. Very lucky!!!

*how many jobs they had
2 for the main part of the season. Was working 6 days a week - which was blatantly silly!

*what was their monthly income
Not enough, got about €120 a week i think - when i was working 6 days. But Slinky was at Es Paradis so didn't pay much!

*food expense
Not much, but you tend to waste money on rubbish food when you're working.

*what type of flight to get ie single or return
Single, you can guarantee you wont know exactly when you're going to come back anyway.

and most importantly..
*was it worth it??
Yes, I'm going back after uni finishes. You'll have the time of your life!

Don't work for Coastline or the some of the other sunset bars, they can be well dodgy. Although it might change this yr if Coastline's split???
I don't think Godskitchen are back, but if they are, don't work for them!!!!
They're evil!

Make sure you do everything you can. I never made it to El Divino in the whole of last summer, so this year I'm making sure I go! Go to Pacha and Space as much as you can. Errrrrr. Just have fun. It's the best thing in the world and you'll meet wicked people.

Slinky_J said:
Hi...

Don't work for Coastline or the some of the other sunset bars, they can be well dodgy. Although it might change this yr if Coastline's split???
I don't think Godskitchen are back, but if they are, don't work for them!!!!
They're evil!

i hear cafe del mar pay 250 euros a week and yes COASTLINE ARE CRAP

thanks for the input guys, appreciated. what would you say is the minimum amount you need to start off? also if looking for barwork do you need experience, or do they train you up?

thanks again!

hi, just an update. i'm going over next week (25th june)!! could someone tell me the mechanics of getting an apartment. i mean do they need a bond/deposit (how much?), months rent up front, or do some do it weekly, please get back quick with examples, thanks!!!

NITEFLY said:
pay the rent every week when they want it
serious? if that's the case fantastic! is this true for the majority of apartments? do they not need a like a bond/damage deposit?

thanks for the info nitefly!

Back