ibiza without flying!!

zoestar

this might have been asked somewhere on here before, so im sorry if it has.

i am absolutely terrified of flying after the spanair crash this year, then flying spanair 2 days later!! (i wasnt the best flier before that)

my problem is i dont think i can cope with not going to ibiza...have tried asking about alternatives to flying in the travel agents, they just look at me as if im a complete idiot!

has anyone on here actually gone there without flying?

I also hate flying, have returned from Ibiza by ferry and train due to last minute panic .

Basically

Stage 1: Ferry to Barcelona from Ibiza Town (takes a LONG time i think more than 6 hours)

Train from Barcelona to Paris (overnight, book in advance as it is quite busy, but is cheapish) There is a direct train or you can change at the French border which is what i did and the total fare was only £40 ish

Eurostar to London £60 ish

Took me door to door about 20 hours :eek:

Ive done it twice both times on my own, its totally safe, but its not a great journey.

Would actually recommend you go on the BA Flying without Fear course. I did and it really helped. I travel a lot with my job and can now do long haul without panicking and am starting to almost enjoy flying. I am always OK on way out, its the coming back that I had a problem with .

Anyway its really all in the mind..... remember the pilot values his life as much as you do!

If you want any more info/advice PM me !

... remember the pilot values his life as much as you do! ...
maybe -
maybe not
2qiw95f.jpg

loads of people do it driving and then ferry.

or you could just come and live out here and then it wouldn't be an issue.

grego- its funny u should say that, i have said every year for about the past 8 years that im going to come and live there for at least a couple of years...if anyone knows of any teaching jobs let me know an i will be there tomorrow!8)

oh, and thankyou spacemonkey. it doesnt look as expensive to get there as i thought it would. and i like trains/ferries (they dont scare me)!
think i should maybe look into that fear of flying course though, . :)

grego- its funny u should say that, i have said every year for about the past 8 years that im going to come and live there for at least a couple of years...if anyone knows of any teaching jobs let me know an i will be there tomorrow!8)

don't let the need to have a job stop you coming.

it didn't me and i've got 2 kids with me!

think i may need a year or 2 to pay off the student debts and then i would seriously consider making the move!:)

I actually plan on doing this the next time I go. I'm going to train to Barcelona, then ferry to Ibiza port. I looked into for this past summer and if I remember, the estimated time for ferry was 8 hours. I thought that was too long, so I flew. The actual flight only took about an ahour, but i ended up spending at least 7 hours total traveling. And I think a boat would be more fun. No one ever talks on planes, and there is no where to go to hang out with people. You're just cramped in your seat the whole time

I'm not even going to fly back to Europe. I'll take a boat from Qubec to Greenland, then Green land to either Iceland or Ireland, depending if I want to go then next to Britain (been twice) or Norway (never been)

I'm done with planes.

this might have been asked somewhere on here before, so im sorry if it has.

i am absolutely terrified of flying after the spanair crash this year, then flying spanair 2 days later!! (i wasnt the best flier before that)

my problem is i dont think i can cope with not going to ibiza...have tried asking about alternatives to flying in the travel agents, they just look at me as if im a complete idiot!

has anyone on here actually gone there without flying?

I had the luxury of flying Spanair two weeks after that crash too. Needless to say, it wasn't the best flight either. It wasn't the flight that was all that troublesome...it was Spanair canceling my 2:30pm connection in Madrid to 8:00pm without any sort of compensation or reasoning from Spanair or Expedia. Sitting in the Madrid airport for 7hrs was just great...

I had the luxury of flying Spanair two weeks after that crash too. Needless to say, it wasn't the best flight either. It wasn't the flight that was all that troublesome...it was Spanair canceling my 2:30pm connection in Madrid to 8:00pm without any sort of compensation or reasoning from Spanair or Expedia. Sitting in the Madrid airport for 7hrs was just great...
You spent 7 hours in Madrid airport? It's 45 minutes to the Puerto del Sol on the metro... should have checked in your bags and gone into center for a walk around and a bite to eat! :spank:

I'm not the greatest flyer either, i was worse going to Ibiza in 2007, this year i shat it and even when i stepped on the plane i drained with energy and felt sick but just thought **** it.find it not too bad once were 'up there' and as long as it doesnt move about too much:lol:

hopefully it'll get easier eventually! think statistically you have to go on a flight everyday for 24,000 years before being in an accident. not that it makes it any easier from my point of view!!

Back