Ibiza with a small baby ... are we mad??!!

W

Wasabi

Just booked flights and hotel (El Corsario) for our four day stay in early September!! The plan is:

- Day trip to Formentera (which beaches with chiringuitos are the nicests?) ... is the ferry trip ok for a baby?? We would prefer a beach with not too many people and shades to hire (or should we take our own?)...
- dinner in Ibiza town (romantic dinner with a baby...?!! :rolleyes: )
- Hippy market on wednesday

- Las Salinas y Sa Caleta beaches in Ibiza ... are they ok for a baby?? ... can you hire shade and sunloungers??

Any tips on staying in ibiza with a 3 month old baby would be great (apart from the usual sun protection, drink water etc etc...)

Thanks a lot!!!!

Ibiza is perfect for you and your child.

We'll definately keep going to Ibiza when/if :confused: we ever have any kids.

You often see babies with cool mohican styles haircuts :eek: - only in Ibiza hey ;)

You'll be OK on the ferry to Formentera but keep well out of the sun and breeze while on the boat - we got sunstroke last year from the ferry trip.

i'll be taking my baby this year for 3 weeks.

i've bought a baby sunshade tent thing (sun factor 50!) that folds up into it's own little bag. Ideal for the beaches and only cost £25 at Boots

thanks a lot!!! I guess it will be fine then; will definitely buy the tent shade in Boots... great tip!!!

JT, what are you going to do during the nights? ... will you be going for dinner or drinks (obviously quieter bars with low music and sitting outside)??

thanks again to both!!!

don't forget that despite it's 'clubbin capital of the med' reputation ibiza is still mainly a family destination.

however in my opinion i wouln't take a baby to the hippy market. it's hot, crowded, and really not suitable for a little baby. i don't even go myself.

as for restaurants - most are baby friendly - but outdoor terraces are probably the best bet for you - avoid the crowded areas as some of ibiza's best restaurants are far from the tourist masses.

hope this helps.

Ibiza-girlie said:
FUNNY HOW YOU CANT WRITE THE WORD RE*beep*TION, AS THE WORD P-U-T-A OBVIOUSLY MEANS A BAD THING IN SPANISH HAHAHAHA!!!!

I was just thinking the same :rolleyes:

Wasabi said:
Just booked flights and hotel (El Corsario) for our four day stay in early September!! The plan is:

- Day trip to Formentera (which beaches with chiringuitos are the nicests?) ... is the ferry trip ok for a baby?? We would prefer a beach with not too many people and shades to hire (or should we take our own?)...
- dinner in Ibiza town (romantic dinner with a baby...?!! :rolleyes: )
- Hippy market on wednesday

- Las Salinas y Sa Caleta beaches in Ibiza ... are they ok for a baby?? ... can you hire shade and sunloungers??

Any tips on staying in ibiza with a 3 month old baby would be great (apart from the usual sun protection, drink water etc etc...)

Thanks a lot!!!!

Don't know if the original author will ever be reading the forums again, but...

I would love to know if you were at Bora Bora on Thursday 11th Sept??? There was a girl with the most gorgeous little girl ever. I went over to ask the young girl if it was her baby, to which she replied "No it's my sister's little girl". "I told her she was the most gorgeous baby I had ever seen". She said "you are not the first to say that believe me!!". Did anyone else see the gorgy little babe in question????

This is a Hot Topic in my house at the moment so I'm really pleased this issue has come up on the Web.

I love ibiza and spent my honeymoon there last June. The possibility of starting a family has now arisen (something I'm really looking forward to doing).

I remember plenty babies being on the sunset strips with parents (although not neccessarily in the bars later on but on the rocks at the front). Are kids generally accepted in the bars in that area as well ?

Although it would have to be a total one off on a weeks holiday does anyone know of a reputable place where you can leave kids for the full night where they are well looked after while you can go clubbing ?

I love the chilled out bars and am well prepared to sit there with a drink, looking out to sea with my baby but clubbing just one night would be great !!

Anyhow, looks like a final all out thrash next June and then getting down to offspring production !!

Cheers for any advice. I'm well prepared to make sacrifices when the kid arrives but I can't give up Ibiza JUST yet.

I went for 3 weeks in September with my wife and 8 month son. Luckily we conned her parents to come over for 9 days so we could have a few nights out.

We were staying in Cala Vadella which is a very nice quiet bay about 15 mins from San An and 20 mins from Ibiza town. At night we went to loads of bars and resturants. As far as i could tell no one anywhere had a problem with bringing a baby anywhere. Infact i found Spanish people gave my son alot more attention than in England. We were allways sitting in outside areas so it might have been different if we went inside but it would have been too smokey anyway.

I did go to the sunset strip & san an a few times & saw other people with buggies but i find it all too touristy these days so i didn't hang around long.

Kummaras, Villa Mercedes, Kasbah, Itica & Kanya were all IMO good places in san an to take kiddes without them getting fallen on by drunken idiots.

I liked it so much i am buying a place in Cala Vadella and will be spending a few months a year out there.

i think a lot can be explained by the spanish tradition of eating out 'en famile'. baby's kids, grannies etc are all accepted in bars and restaurants without fuss. ( as oddly enough are dogs, our lucy travelled all over spain with us, and everybody made a fuss of her). the only problem i can see is with smoke, but even here more and more places are setting aside areas for non smokers and in summer, dining al fresco solves this problem.

Back