Ibiza with a 2 year old

Leigh88

Hi all

I am making my 13th trip to Ibiza from 28th September until 5th October, but this will be the first time i will be taking a child! Very much a different holiday from the last 12 im guessing !

I basically just wanted to know what things people get up to with young children?

Were staying at the Holiday Village Seaview Ibiza in Port des Torrent, which looks a great hotel for me and my family being all inclusive and having access to a waterpark. That will take up our time for many hours as my boy loves water, but obviously going to need to keep him occupied for many other hours in our weeks holiday.

We are planning to go on the ferry to Formentera one of the days but would like some suggestions on other things to do.

Also, how busy shall we expect Ibiza to be at this time of September? The latest i have been is mid September in 2010 for a few days. Will there be many other families and children around these dates due to kids starting new school term a few weeks before?

Im going to miss going out in Ibiza big time :( absolutely love the place and had many good nights and met lots of top people over the years. This is my first time back since opening parties 2011, and i know there has been a lot of changes to San An with Ocean beach etc, so will be very interested to see all the changes. I just hope i dont get too depressed at night when were in bed early at night due to lil one sleeping!

Thanks in advance

@diver yes I believe it is closing party weekend, so i am guessing its going to be very busy with clubbers that week but i wonder if many families will be about with new school term starting?

And yes I think we are going to rent a car as the missus hasn't seen much much of the island in the twice she's been.

We want to see Es Vedra and some of the hidden beaches and cove etc any suggestions would be fab :)

We got back from a week in Santa Eulalia with a 3 year old and an 18 month old. There's a little playground on seafront in Santa Eulalia that's good, otherwise we mostly just occupied ourselves with the beach in the morning (we liked the one in the middle of Santa Eulalia the best of the half dozen or so that we tried), naps in the afternoon, then heading on our for an early dinner (7PM, early by Ibiza standards :) ). We also had a car, if you do too then there's another play ground in the middle of San Carles that was pretty good, and another one in the middle of Santa Getrudis, although we struggled to find much else there other than places to eat.

The main piece of advice I'd give you is to know where you're going to eat. If you're staying at an all inclusive then I guess it doesn't really matter, but if you want some recommendations of places in Santa Eulalia that went down well with my kids then let me know.

Theres also a great park in Santa Getrudis plus with the square there surrounded by restaurants, kids run about there in the evening and entertainers pop by too. V family friendly and quiet. Plaza del Parque in Ibiza town is also a lovely square. Id say the car would be a plus - Cala D'Hort, Benirras, Salinas, Cala Gracioneta, Cala Llonga (Playpark at the back of the beach too), Talamanca, Sa Caleta, Aguas Blancas, Cala Pada, Cala Martina, Cala Salada are all great beaches with toilets and also food options. You'll be amazed how many other families and kids are about on every beach and the children meet new friends every day no matter what age. Keep an eye out for kids events / play days for free in the likes of Babylon Beach, El Chiringuito, Pura Vida, Samovar, Beachhouse etc. From my experience, you'll get to fully immerse yourselves in the "other side" to Ibiza with little junior that maybe came a close second in priority when you went clubbing there.... but, it'll be as amazing a trip as every other visit you've made to the island. Enjoy!

Thanks for your replys @Amigo and @PaulM :)

Paul .. Ive never been to Santa Eulalia before so must go there ! Yes please share some good eataries in Santa Eulalia as that will be handy. Yeah 7 o'clock is definetly early by ibiza standards, its still day time from previous Ibiza trips ;) I imagine we will mainly eat at the hotel complex as there is something like 4 restaurants on site but we will be eating out during the week at times aswell to vary it up a little!

Amigo

Me and my partner LOVE Ibiza town so will definetly be heading over at least once. Thanks for the names of all those beaches, ive been 12 times but never heard of most of them so thanks for that :) Although i LOVE the ibiza music / clubbing scene i have also been aware of how beautiful the island of Ibiza is, but ive never had the chance to venture out due to trying to cram in as much partying whilst on holiday !!!

I am now ready to go and see all the sights and beauty and immerse myself in the other side of Ibiza. Ive visted Portinatx and San Miguel in the past for a couple of family holidays when i was a bit younger, and thought they were really nice places but i imagine there are plenty more secret places that people dont know about!

You really dont realise actually how much else there is to do on this magical island, i cannot wait to go back for another 7 days in Paradise. I hope when im ready to retire i have enough money to move out there cus i honestly cant think of another place id rather be :)

Let's see...

If you go to one place in Santa Eulalia, I think it probably has to be Cafe Sidney, in the Puerto Deportivo. They serve breakfast until 4PM and they're great, they have a "Sidney Kids" which kept the little ones happy. They have high chairs and the service was really friendly as always. We went once for dinner as well and the food was equally good. We paid about €50 for the four of us.

We also liked Passion Cafe, right at the other end of the water front. The food is all veggy, but it's all so tasty that you rapidly forget that ;) (apologies for my meat bias). The service was great again, I personally think it's better in the day than in the evening, and they only have the one high chair as there's no children's menu.

For evening food, the best place we went to was an Italian called Margherita on Calle de San Vicente, Santa Eulalia's famous restaurant street. They didn't have a kids menu, but we asked for a straight forward pasta in tomato sauce for our kids and they were happy to oblige. For my money, the pizzas were slightly better at San Martino on the water front, as they were the thin crispy kind rather than the thicker ones they did at Margherita, but you pays your money etc. San Martino also have a specific kids menu if that matters to you.

If you fancy Chinese then the New Shanghai in the Puerto Deportivo do good dim sum, and they couldn't be more welcoming to kids.

I think that's the list I'd whole heartedly recommend :)

Last edited:
Thanks @PaulM i have noted all them down and we will hopefully get over there to try one of your suggestions, looks like Cafe Sidney or Margherita could be right up our street :)

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Nassau taint beach have just posted something on there facebook showing an area for children with lots to do could be worth a look

Thanks @PaulM i have noted all them down and we will hopefully get over there to try one of your suggestions, looks like Cafe Sidney or Margherita could be right up our street :)

Thanks for your suggestions :)

You're welcome :) I forgot to mention that Babylon Beach Bar has a kids area for them to play it, but it's aimed a bit higher age wise than your little one, and the place costs and arm and a leg.

Back