Ibiza Wedding

Craig_90

Hi guys, it's my first post on here so apologies if any of this has been covered elsewhere on the forum.

I am meant to be getting married in Ibiza at the start of September and there's a group of around 40 of us flying out at the end of August. I've seen a lot of different information on things like if masks are / aren't required, if music can go on past 10pm etc. so thought i'd post on here to try and get some guidance.

It states in this article (https://theibizan.com/new-normality-use-of-masks-to-continue/) that masks are required when social distancing is not possible even in open air situations. I can appreciate how this would would be required in shops / public transport, but i'm slightly confused in that I've been looking at pictures of bars and restaurants that have recently opened and it doesn't look like people are wearing masks.

With regard to the music, our wedding planners mentioned that the music might have to stop at 10pm. However, I've seen various social media posts about bars opening well past this, i.e. Itica, Linekers, Pikes etc. Other bars seem to be opening further into July as well and surely they aren't just going to turn off their music at 10pm?

I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any clarity on the above as we are getting slightly apprehensive now.

Cheers,
Craig

before I can reply - where does the wedding happen? in a private villa or in a public place like a restaurant? don't need the details, but my answer will be different if it's A or B.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a restaurant so I suppose it would be a public place but wedding is in a separate area to the main restaurant. The area where the ceremony, meal etc. will take place is on an outdoor terrace.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a restaurant so I suppose it would be a public place but wedding is in a separate area to the main restaurant.

ok. in this case it's possible that the restaurant owners insist on a minimum of social distancing OR masks if not. (imagine someone taking a video of it, no social distancing and the authorities see it...the restaurant might be made responsible for it). so I guess best to check with them and see what they say.

as for music I would think you should be fine to have music until midnight at least. again, best to check with the venue.

welcome to the forum by the way!

Back