Ibiza Virgins Help Req.

Chamberskob

Me and my wife are heading to Ibiza for the first time in Sept for 3 nights (6-9th) and need a little guidance on who to see and where? We are both 30 and don't really want to be hitting a club that's full of 18's if you know what I mean and we much prefer house music to anything heavy. But we are only on the Island for a short time so want to make the most of it before we head to Barcelona. I have studied the spotlight calendar for a few days now and am still at a loss really. Our proposed idea's are below please share your thoughts:

6th - Check into Grand Palladium, Then Carl Cox Revolution @ space 8pm
7th - Axwell Ingrosso @Ushuaia Closing Party 5pm-23:59pm, Then head to Martin Solveig My house @Pacha
8th - Recover, comedown, try to regain sanity..Maybe Cream or Ministry...
9th - Checkout

other options Apple Bum, Ibiza sinsations, Together, Dance 88/89

Some questions on the above:
1.Will Carl Cox @ space be over overwhelmingly busy?
2.Will the crowd at Ushuaia be full of young EDM kids? Would we better off chilling at ocean beach or bora bora instead first off?
3.Is VIP at Pacha worth it?
4.I noticed that even though some big DJ's are hosting the nights with there 'name' they dont always play is this correct? If so would we be better waiting till the set list is out before we buy tickets for someone we may not even see?

We have been checking out youtube vids and Martin Solveig looks like he would put on a pretty good night? and not to intense which is kind of what we would prefer.

Sorry for the million questions and any comments are welcomed!:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

Cheers!

"House" is a pretty broad term in 2016 unfortunately.
Post a link to some music you like. Is the missus into the same?
What clubs do you go to at home ?

First of the bat.

1 - Carl Cox - he is my favourite Dj and this is my favourite night.

However to note is that this techno music, Space always will be busy on a Coxy night plus this is final season so expecting every week sold out. It is a big club with multiple rooms including the roof terrace however around 3/4 when Coxy comes on it's gonna be busy in the main room though there is some cheeky places I have found that are room to dance

I think you would do well to go to Amnesia this night and do the VIP balcony. Though wouldn't bother with actual VIP

2 I would do the dance 88/89 thing as will be good house music and probably not too busy

3 - VIP not worth it.

4 Wait but which Dj are you thinking as maybe some spotlighters can point you in right direction.

Much appreciated for all your responses.

I think we will take your advice and wait a while and see which other DJ's are announced and which line-ups are confirmed closer to our dates before purchasing tickets... we were just a bit concerned things may sell out.

Also thanks for the heads up on the VIP table we will give it a miss. This also takes away the pressure of staying somewhere if we are not enjoying it and frees up some extra cash for maybe a day bed at the blue marlin? which looks pretty cool, I am listening to they're mix on Spotify at the moment and its going down well.

Fergi- I am guessing you are talking about 'together' @ Amnesia and just want to confirm that the VIP balcony is also called the terrace? I have just read some pretty good reviews on the terrace so that could be a go instead of Carl Cox. I was hoping to check space out though but there is always next time.

Diver- the misses like that some type of music as long as there is vodka and champagne! If I get some time ill post some links.

Thanks again fro all you contribution's can't wait (even considering knocking a day of Madrid or Barcelona to extend out stay!:D:D:D:D)

we were just a bit concerned things may sell out.

Fergi- I am guessing you are talking about 'together' @ Amnesia and just want to confirm that the VIP balcony is also called the terrace? I have just read some pretty good reviews on the terrace so that could be a go instead of Carl Cox. I was hoping to check space out though but there is always next time.

It's rare that events sell out in advance. Maybe a few Guetta dates or things like BBC R1 weekend, openings / closings.

The terrace is the second room at Amnesia, the other being the main room. The VIP balcony is situated in between these two areas so you can get access to both without being right in amongst the hustle and bustle of the dance floor. A great viewing place / spot for a quick rest

As Evolution suggested

Amnesia VIP balcony for Togther on Tuesday and Cream Thursdays which will give acess to both sides Terrace and Main room. In the main room side these is a few tables and chairs you can use too depending on the venue if they decide to keep this. At least at Cream they did. You only get balcony with this and no drinks included and the drinks upstairs are also a couple of euros more than in the rest of the club. You can buy downstairs and take up tho if you wish.

As for blue marlin. Ain't my sort of thing. Looks like a right posers places full of look at me and how much Dom Perignon I can afford at ridiculous prices. Plus the beach isn't that nice.

Much prefer Cala Bassa or Formentera.

Also with regard to Space this is the last season that Space will be open...so unless your coming again before the Closings you have had it.

I'd give Space a go. It just has to be done, the music is more techno orientated but Carl Cox is the master of that room.

Terrace can have some good housier DJs in. Yousef & Circus normally do a few dates and more house / tech house.

Yeah don't do VIP @ Pacha either.

Would not worry about selling out, I've never had that problem in any of my 6 visits so you can choose based on full line ups

As Evolution suggested

Amnesia VIP balcony for Togther on Tuesday and Cream Thursdays which will give acess to both sides Terrace and Main room. In the main room side these is a few tables and chairs you can use too depending on the venue if they decide to keep this. At least at Cream they did. You only get balcony with this and no drinks included and the drinks upstairs are also a couple of euros more than in the rest of the club. You can buy downstairs and take up tho if you wish.

As for blue marlin. Ain't my sort of thing. Looks like a right posers places full of look at me and how much Dom Perignon I can afford at ridiculous prices. Plus the beach isn't that nice.

Much prefer Cala Bassa or Formentera.

Also with regard to Space this is the last season that Space will be open...so unless your coming again before the Closings you have had it.

I know what your saying about blue marlin , I used to think the same . But now I'm getting a bit pissed of with the over crowding, and can't do the all nighters
So a cheeky lunch and a boogie on Sunday afternoon it is for me now .

Keep an eye on whats going on at Underground too. Might be your type of thing. Basically a country finca with a small intimate dancefloor and chilled out garden area. Reasonable entry and drinks prices and friendly staff and punters. Never had a bad night there. Closes at 0430.

Its a short distance from Amnesia too.

Oh no far too many decisions to make now! Amnesia or Space, does anyone know what time Carl Cox would normally come on to play is he always the last set of the night? Maybe we can visit both?

Also I understand about the Blue Marlin being full of pretentious posers, Australia is full of them ha!
That being said I did have a look at Cala Bassa it looks more like a restaurant and might be a bit quite for what we after for that day after being out all night.

Does anyone have any advice on Ocean Beach it looks like it might be good for a day they have a special accommodation and you get a free day bed for the day? We are planning on staying at the grand palladium but are now thinking we might change because if we are out at a beach club all day there is no point really getting all inclusive because it defeats the purpose but I guess that'll come down to cost.

Cheers Fatphil ill keep an eye on Underground to for something a bit more low key should it be required
And thanks Fergi I think we will book a trip to Formentera for our last day the beaches look great.

Thanks again for your time everyone!

I'm a older house head, but I enjoy space even if the music trends more towards techno. The space experience is worth the visit.

Cala Bassa has various options to eat from cheap burgers, chips and hotdogs at very reasonable prices, Chiringuito with more upmarket offerings at normal Ibiza prices and also expensive resturant. We tried all three and probably will opt for the cheapest option next time.

Some would argue it's lost it in terms of tranquility but for me is a lovely beach that play chilled house music all day long with sax thrown in.

Ocean beach you defo don't get free beds. The cheapest option is a bed that will cost you €30 each with nothing included but the entry this year. Then beds are €350-€2000 depending in date with 90% of that in minimum spend sort of basis. Think €175 for a bottle of vueve cliqueot and €250 for a bottle of vodka. Expensive but probably 70% what you would pay at B.Marlin.

As for Carl Cox it's very odd to suggest to not go. I am a massive Coxy fan. He usually comes on at say 4 in the main room. But it will be very very busy trust me.

Pm me and I will give you a nice little tip of where to go to avoid the crowds at Coxy

The Ocean beach club stay will give you the free entry or cover for the bed. But you still need to pay minimum spend

Example entry only saving you just €30 total.

Shell beds will be saving €50 bed cover but you would need to pay €250 in a minimum spend

Poolside beds would save you the €100 cover but you would need to pay €300 minimum spend.

Haven't read the whole thread. But a couple of hours at Bora has to be done?

A right variety of people. And I've never had a bad time there.

I'd advice you to check out Destino if there's something on (for me one of the best venues in ibiza) and Pikes hotel (almost all the nights are for free). Blue Marlin is full of posers, as already said, but they often have good djs, and it's basically free entrance. Bora Bora is not good, full of strange people. Last year I also went to Lio, it was fun (expect commercial-house music, once again if it's free it's nice)

Sa Trinxa/salinas also very good for lounger action and the music is superb...won't be full of posers (well, not the bad type!) or idiots like some of the other places you've mentioned and the music is good...also food and drink very affordable from sa trinxa....it won't "go off" like the other places you've mentioned though, it's a bit lower key...

Didnt Carl Cox historically do his funk n soul party at Sands on the 8th september? Always a great afternoon

Back