Ibiza Virgin

T

therapy

Hello, you sound like a friendly bunch so I wonder if u could give me a bit of advice...? First time in Ibiza but (at the risk of offending everyone) I can't stand trance music or housey sh*t....I like House music but it's not the same as the stuff that some people call house...a song that springs to mind....'Baby you're all that I want, when I'm lying here in your arms' some people call that House. I don't.
So anyway....the reason for me barging in and upsetting everyone is that I'd like to know of any clubs that play a little bit of garage, or anything 'Masters at work-y' and none of that so called 'House'. Is this impossible in Ibiza...can anybody help...I am so looking forward to this holiday and the whole Ibiza experience...please help an old virgin out give me some top tips! xxxx

they only place playing cheesey stuff is in the west end.

all other clubs play proper house, if u know ur stuff just check out whats on section on this website, they show who's playing where.

All the clubs usually have a few different genres goin on on the same night. different musi in different rooms. infact i think tim westwood's playin pacha when im there. As far as MAW, i think babs mentioned in another post somewhere that kenny dope is gonna be a regular in pin-up and little louie vega usually springs up round the island here and there on different nights. not too sure bout garage music though. think there's a bar in san an westend that plays it and es paradis does a night i think. sorry if it sounds like im doin lotsa guessin but there ya go. hope it helps.
ps. the house music in ibiza in the good clubs such as pacha and the space terrace is the finest house music you'll hear anywhere in the world and all different varieties! ;)

[/quote]....'Baby you're all that I want, when I'm lying here in your arms' some people call that House. I don't.
how insulting! im sure thats the lyrics to a dj sammie song. its a terrible take off bryan adams.

therapy said:
'Baby you're all that I want, when I'm lying here in your arms' some people call that House.

Nah, that's commercial Trance, "Heaven" by DJ Sammy.

Later
Soulman 8)

Hellooooooooooo, Thanks for all your replys....I'm also a 'Chatroom' virgin too so I was surprised that anybody was even out there. Finally getting to grips with the whole cyberspace thing!

Anyway yep I am in London..working hard in Hammersmith...yeah right...I'm actually trying to do as little as possible and taking as many fag breaks as I can get away with. Whilst mentally packing for my hols. We fly out on Sunday 1st June....from the little bit of research I've done I think this is a bit early to go but I'm sure we'll still have a crack.

What is the age range out there am I gonna feel a bit old at 25?? Hope not!
x

ther music type

try these out

cacoon amnesia techno
tonic, think it's es paradis tranei/housie.
twice as nice- garge and rnb es paradis
deja vue -helter skelter old skool

and these bars in the west end

the rock bar as titles
what used to be the simpley are club rnb hip hop garage
the kremlin bar garge and rnb on set nights
sgt peppers bit of every they will do requests.
nitelife, in peak season slimpatt tend to play an old skool set.

hope this helps

Hi There!

I see you have all been giving my sister (the Ibiza/chatroom virgin) some tips for her hols.
I have always shyed away from the likes of Ibiza as I listen to the sterotypes i.e. pill heads sweating profusely, puking in the gutter, orgies etc. Is this the case??? because if therapy goes again I may well join her!
I am not adverse to puking in the gutter occasionally but sweating profusely with bulging eyes scares me!!!

Any advice?

Thanks Ksixty9 - good on you, I'll let you all know when I get back!

Also note to Missy: You also don't mind the odd orgie either. :lol:

therapy said:
Hellooooooooooo, Thanks for all your replys....I'm also a 'Chatroom' virgin too so I was surprised that anybody was even out there. Finally getting to grips with the whole cyberspace thing!

Anyway yep I am in London..working hard in Hammersmith...yeah right...I'm actually trying to do as little as possible and taking as many *beep* breaks as I can get away with. Whilst mentally packing for my hols. We fly out on Sunday 1st June....from the little bit of research I've done I think this is a bit early to go but I'm sure we'll still have a crack.

What is the age range out there am I gonna feel a bit old at 25?? Hope not!
x
Na at 25 in Ibiza you'll fit in just nicely and missy you'd love it too. it's axtremely rare to meet someone who has been to ibiza and not liked it. there's something for everyone ;)

Back