IBIZA VIRGIN!!!! AND DIABETIC :?

J

jamie*d*

Hey!!!

Me and 3 mates are comin to ibiza in the middle of september and none of have been before!! i'm only 17 so im worried that i wont get into the big clubs!!! i look about 19 though.....are the clubs strict with id????
also im diabetic which means i have to have proper meals haha is it possible to go to ibiza and eat properly if ur clubbing all the time??

one more thing......is £800 enough money to last 2 weeks on the island?

Please reply everyone!!! thanks! :D

it is very easy to eat properly in Ibiza either in bars/restaurants or supermarkets if you are cooking yourself and if you are on insulin, all hotels will refridgerate it for you - apartments, you look after yourself

jamie*d* said:
Hey!!!

Me and 3 mates are comin to ibiza in the middle of september and none of have been before!! i'm only 17 so im worried that i wont get into the big clubs!!! i look about 19 though.....are the clubs strict with id????
also im diabetic which means i have to have proper meals haha is it possible to go to ibiza and eat properly if ur clubbing all the time??

one more thing......is £800 enough money to last 2 weeks on the island?

Please reply everyone!!! thanks! :D

You will have no probs getting into the clubs, they aren't strict with ID unless you look about 12. £800 is enough for 2 weeks. There are plenty of places that you can eat cheaply. You can buy booze cheap in the supermarkets and have a few drinks before you go into the clubs to save cash. Also, use buses instead of taxis. My boyf is diabetic (type 1) and he still partied alot in Ibiza. You just have to make sure that you have your meals around about normal times, e.g. set your alarm so you can have some breakie then go back to bed. Don't eat your dinner too late, just remind your friends that its v important that you eat regularly. Don't drink too much sugary stuff - stick to spirits with diet drinks. If your going out on a cruise then make sure you take sugary stuff with you. Its not worth it to not take care of yourself but you can still have a great time.

if ur in a hostel u might have2 hire a fridge out for the insulin. I spent just over £700 in a week but hammered it. If u wanna go clubbin everynight Id sacfrice the food so u can afford entry. Unless u fancy blowing the promoter that is! :lol:

Nish - being diabetic myself i can confirm that if this chap sacrificed food so that he could hammer it - he will end up sacrificing, at the very least, a few weeks of his life in hospital (if his diabetes is similar to mine)

my mate has 2 do 4 jabs a day...he was fine got places for choclate and lucazade everywhere

i've been 5 out of the last 6 years (i was diagnosed just before i went the first time in 98)

1 thing to change is having occasional sugared drinks as the heat makes the insulin work faster and can drop ur sugar levels quickly.

But i was still able to have a mental time all the times i went

:D Jamie

First you do you realise you will probably need a letter confirming your diabetes (on production of your travel docs) from the diabetes centre at the hospital to take your insulin through customs, it should not cost anything from them, alternatively your GP may do a letter but may charge. I have just found this out as I am taking my diabetic niece to Ibiza in September.

A word of advice check your blood beforehand and eat a meal containing some starchy carbohydrates pasta/rice /potatoes/ before you go clubbing, this should keep your blood sugar stable, take something with you as a backup eg a small cereal bar.

Also let the rep and the hotel staff know when you arrive that you are diabetic, and if you have one wear a medic alert braclet/pendant this is for the benefit of authorities etc in case you collapse, that way they will not get the wrong idea.

Take a spare insulin pen which you can leave in the hotel just in case you lose yours outside.

Have a great time.

£800 is fine mate..... No bother!!!! Just dont go to daft buying like 10 drinks in every club.....

Ive just got back and my best mate is diabetic and no-one gets more wasted than him!! It's all about looking after yourself....

I mean you can have a good session or two but just make sure you get the food you need, and keep up with your medication.... Plus keep out of the sun a bit, that can be main problem half the time!!!!

Yeah just stock up on your beer and spirits in the supermarkets it's cheap as anything!!

Get the Discobus across the island it's saves you a lot more money than getting Taxi's every where!! only 1.50 e.

You'll be fine gadge, just get hammered!!! (And make sure your mates keep an eye out for you)

cheers!

thanks for all the info!!!

im fine with my diabetes and gettin wasted haha i was just worried bout the food!! i drink more than any of my mates and im the one looking after them half the time lol!!

i should have about £1000 spendin money and were gonna try n be sensible with the clubbin so it should be fine!! :lol:

Back