Ibiza Town bars

Here’s my tip - To enjoy Ibiza Town at night you need to walk around.

Good place to start is the corner of the port at the bar "Mar Y Sol” (outside terrace decent bar & reasonable prices – it’s open virtually 24hrs a day). This is also a very popular people-watching spot. From there head past the boutiques along the port. There are many bars and restaurants around this area and another good local bar with sensible prices is Estrella Bar however once you get to "Zoo Bar" they become more trendy for the younger generation and are much more expensive.

Because in some bars that are predominately frequented by the LGBT community, heterosexual couples are not always welcome.

The bars were good and people in them were friendly.

Im not sure what you are trying to turn my commment into.

Because in some bars that are predominately frequented by the LGBT community, heterosexual couples are not always welcome.

I’ve never felt unwelcome in any bar labelled as “LGBT” in Ibiza or elsewhere. In fact, I’m not arsed who is is the bar as long as they are polite. You made a pointless comment, that’s why I asked?

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm trolling, but have you any actual evidence of that?

Firstly I posted genuinely about the friendly and welcoming atmosphere Calle de la Virgen.

Yes I have had experiences in Manchester when I/we have been knocked back.

I have spoken to a close friend who lives close to and has frequented the bars in the village over the years. He confirmed that lines such ‘regulars only’ are used often, however there are used on a variety of different people male/female depending who those bars are aimed at.

Firstly I posted genuinely about the friendly and welcoming atmosphere Calle de la Virgen.

Yes I have had experiences in Manchester when I/we have been knocked back.

I have spoken to a close friend who lives close to and has frequented the bars in the village over the years. He confirmed that lines such ‘regulars only’ are used often, however there are used on a variety of different people male/female depending who those bars are aimed at.
No ones having a "pop" mucker, ive just read it as you were surprised that you (not Gay) were welcome. Something which for me would not be a concern.

I was never knocked back myself, but when I was at uni waaaaaaay back when, my gay flatmate always told me to tell the doorstaff I was gay if they ever asked. Apparently there was a growing trend that "gay bars" were becoming too, erm, straight. Which was putting gay people off going. Which meant they were getting less-and-less gay. And, well, if you look at it like that, you can kind of understand. This was circa 2004, so admittedly old (and second-hand) data! :lol:

In brighton when i lived there, there were a couple bars/clubs that very strongly discourage straight people from coming in. You'd often have to say you were gay. One actually had a no women rule ha ha. a group of friends on a pub on an A-Z pub crawl had it as the second last one and all the girls had to wait outside. Loads of gay bars where no one cares as well, but i dont think everyone needs to jump on Claretclubber's comment....as the message above says, its usually about keeping the bars true to their origins as it were.

In brighton when i lived there, there were a couple bars/clubs that very strongly discourage straight people from coming in. You'd often have to say you were gay. One actually had a no women rule ha ha. a group of friends on a pub on an A-Z pub crawl had it as the second last one and all the girls had to wait outside. Loads of gay bars where no one cares as well, but i dont think everyone needs to jump on Claretclubber's comment....as the message above says, its usually about keeping the bars true to their origins as it were.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm trolling, but have you any actual evidence of that?
Quite a few years back I ended up in a gay club off Calle de la Virgen with my missus and her mate (as it was the only place open and the barman gave us free tickets), some of the people there were extremely hostile, to say the least, because I was with two girls. As someone that considers themselves very open-minded and tolerant, I was quite shocked to be honest.

Hi,

We are heading to Pacha for Pure Pacha in a couple of weeks time - having dinner there at 11:30pm and then into the club. Where could you all recommend for drinks from 10ish before we go for dinner in Ibiza Town?

Hi,

We are heading to Pacha for Pure Pacha in a couple of weeks time - having dinner there at 11:30pm and then into the club. Where could you all recommend for drinks from 10ish before we go for dinner in Ibiza Town?

any bar around plaza de parque

or

if you wanna be close to pacha already, go to the other side of the port and have a drink at either sa calma or cappuccino (both very close to lío) and enjoy the magnificient views over to dalt vila. ooops. I've just posted a secret tip.

Me and Madame have had 2 bad experiences in ibiza gay bars.
What claretclubber says is sometimes true, even in ibiza...

Last edited:
Back