San Antonio
August 11, 2009, 7.30pm

Ibiza Rocks Hotel ...
war jemand da ?

ps:

"...
DIZZEE HEIGHTS OF FUN

SPARE a thought for poor Dizzee Rascal, who has become the victim
of “Bonkers” behaviour wherever he goes these days.

On an easyJet flight to Ibiza Rocks this week the pilot decided to announce
to the whole plane that the chart-topping rapper, 23, was on board and
“let’s all go BONKERS!”

Cue a shower of complimentary peanuts and free headphones over Dizzee’s barnet.

Actually it turns out Diz’s own behaviour was too bonkers at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel
last year so organisers have put him in a secluded villa in the hills this week
to keep him out of trouble.
..."
(dailystar.co.uk)

:lol:

... saison ist so gut wie gelaufen ... wenn nicht noch schnellstens DER megasmasher
wie aus dem nichts auftaucht wars das wohl ? ! ?

ps:

"...
What makes a great summer pop hit?
Throw open the windows, kick off your shoes and mix yourself an ice-cold cocktail . . .
producers, pundits and pop stars reveal the secret to a great holiday single

What makes a song perfect for the summer?
Britain's first No 1 holiday hit was Jerry Keller's Here Comes Summer.
Topping the charts in 1959, it celebrated teenage innocence and escape:
"School is out, oh happy day/ Here comes summer/
I'm going to grab my girl and run away."
Strangely, the American's song reached the top spot in the UK in the rather unseasonal
month of October, but perhaps this shows us that some summer singles are more about
dreams than sweaty, sunburnt reality.
This year, the big hit is expected to be Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris's
imminent Holiday, a dancefloor-stormer about the typical British experience abroad,
featuring the lines: "Don't judge my passport photo/ I know I look a bit loco."

From the Beach Boys going surfin' USA, to the Kinks lazing on a sunny afternoon,
from Grease's summer lovers to the Isley Brothers' summer breeze,
summer pop has always been about escape –
and, for buttoned-up Brits, mainly about having a party,
a singalong and buckets of booze.
Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime, the first No 1 summer song from a British artist,
directed us in 1970 to "have a drink, have a drive", before sensibly suggesting
that we should "signal a cab" and bring our "bottle waggin' back".

And then a decade later came the daddy of them all,
Wham!'s Club Tropicana,
which took us to a sunshine wonderland where the drinks were free.
George Michael tipping his cherry-red cocktail into a sky-blue pool
became the ultimate expression of that decade's cheesy decadence.

There's also the summer novelty song.
Evidence that we all go a little daft in the sunshine,
the phenomenon was kick-started by Barbados in 1975,
a song by a band called Typically Tropical about the delights
of Coconut Airways (can you see a theme here?).
It was reworked by the Vengaboys for their 1999 hit, We're Going to Ibiza.

How do you cook up a summer hit – and is it easy as it sounds?
We asked a producer, a pundit, a radio boss and musicians from pop's past and present
to tell us what gets them in the holiday mood . . .

The chart-topper

Elly Jackson, singer in La Roux

Our song Bulletproof has sort of become a summer song. I don't really know why. We did write it in the summer, though. I think sunny weather drives you towards certain tempos and melodies that work well booming out of open windows. It's a fairly aggressive song in terms of its mood and character, though, whereas lots of summer songs tend to be light and flippant, like Club Tropicana.

We demanded that our next single, I'm Not Your Toy, came out in summer for that reason. It has a brightness that wouldn't work in winter. I always remember Toploader's Dancing in the Moonlight coming out early in the year when it was cold and raining. How stupid.

Favourite summer song: Eddy Grant's Electric Avenue. It reminds me of summers growing up in Brixton. Reggae always works at this time of year. But then again, any music made somewhere sunnier than Britain usually does.

The music mogul

Pete Waterman, producer, songwriter and Pop Idol judge

Summer songs became big in the 1950s and 60s, when people started to holiday abroad and hear the music there. Spain is much sexier than Clacton! That's why Sylvia Vrethammar's Y Viva Espana became a big hit in the autumn of 1974. Everyone came back from their package holidays and got misty-eyed.

Summer hits are as much about image and the way people perceive pop stars as anything else. Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan helped [my production company] Stock, Aitken and Waterman have hits with The Loco-Motion and Sealed With a Kiss because they were from Australia, a country everyone thought of as permanently sunny.

It's also a time when the fewest records are bought, so we took full advantage of that: it was easier to get a No 1 in those months. It's a shame there are fewer novelty singles these days. Record companies are obsessed with sophistication and coolness, which is bloody rubbish. It's not as if novelty singles don't work. Tom Hark by the Piranhas [a cover of a South African kwela song] was a summer hit in 1980. It's still played in at football matches. Summer should be about having a laugh.

Favourite summer song: Carole King's It Might As Well Rain Until September. It reminds me of when I was a 15-year-old lad, fancying a girl and dreaming his holidays away. The best summer songs play on that, especially if they focus on unrequited love. Everyone's favourite summer songs come from that time in their lives.

The radio boss

George Ergatoudis, Radio 1's head of music

Songs that get people dancing are held back for the summer by record labels. I don't blame them. Listeners respond to dance music when it's warm. We're loving Dizzee Rascal's Holiday and Mini Viva's Left My Heart in Tokyo now. They have that poppy-trance sound that works at the moment, perhaps because it echoes early-90s rave culture, which people associate with being outside and having a good time.

We like to play mood-changers on Radio 1 in the summer, to promote euphoria and good sensations, and take you away from your desk or your car. There's no rules as to how that works. In radio, you just learn to feel it: a raw, primitive, irresistible connection of music to the emotions.

Favourite summer song: Madonna's Into the Groove or Snap!'s Rhythm Is a Dancer. Brilliant pop that sounds great coming out of car speakers.

The pundit

Peter Robinson, editor of Popjustice.com

People relax. Knobbly knees and love handles appear. And musical tastes relax, too. I don't mean standards slip. I mean people stop trying to cover up the fact that they like simple pop music. Pretending you don't like music with a very catchy tune is tiring, so people take the summer off.

Songs aiming for big summer status appear in our office every year., It's like press release bingo. Claims of "sun-kissed vocals" and "lilting Beach Boys harmonies" usually mean they sound a bit bouncy and there's a reference to sunshine in the second verse. Then again, being able to launch someone like Lily Allen off the back of a summer single is a good marketing strategy. That's what happened with Smile in 2006. Lily's label is trying it again this year with MPHO's Box N Locks. To ram the point home, it features a very beachy Martha and the Muffins sample.

Favourite summer song: La Isla Bonita by Madonna, even though it was released in April. It must have been a warm spring. At the moment, though, nothing beats Dizzee Rascal's Holiday. It's a Club Tropicana for 2009. And like the best summer holidays, it ends with a massive rave-up.

The 80s star

Sara Dallin, singer and songwriter in Bananarama

The best summer songs remind you of your youth: what you did in your holidays, how it felt when you first kissed a boy, going away without your parents. For me, our hit, Cruel Summer, played on the darker side: it looked at the oppressive heat, the misery of wanting to be with someone as the summer ticked by. We've all been there!

It was a huge hit in the US. I'll always remember coming out of our hotel in LA when we first became famous and seeing Mike Tyson sitting there. He burst into Cruel Summer when he saw us. It was unbelievable. Summer songs do that to people. When the sun's out, anything goes.

Favourite summer song: Anything by Blondie or Roxy Music because of their sound. They were glamorous, and they take me back to those teenage summers when anything was possible.

Five ingredients for a guaranteed summer smash

• Any instrument that comes from outside the British Isles. Bonus points for Spanish guitars (the Spice Girls' Viva Forever, Madonna's La Isla Bonita), marimbas (Bananarama's Cruel Summer), calypso rhythms and Brazilian samba beats. Note: bagpipes and Welsh harps do not get the pavements sizzling.

• A video that clearly costs a great deal of money and has to be watched through sunglasses. Ideally, it will feature a beach, an ocean lit up like a thousand sparkling sapphires, a snazzy form of transport (yacht on sea, Jeep on beach), a few attractive foreigners, and a scantily clad woman. See Duran Duran's Rio.

• Any mention of sunshine or summeriness. Even when the sky is the colour of sludge, torrential rain is filling your shoes and the wind has blown your barbecue into the neighbours' garden, the mere mention of hot weather will get the skin tanning.

• Promotional CDs distributed around clubs in Ibiza, east London and Doncaster, DJs kissed and petted, and the song pouring out of car windows strategically left open outside sweaty offices and schools. Hey presto – guaranteed summer lovin'!

• Any mention of youth and freedom that takes listeners back to the hazy days of their school holidays. Longer narratives about nostalgia work, too. This explains why Bryan Adams's Summer of '69 gets hyperactive kids dancing with drunk grannies at weddings.
..."
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/22/summer-pop-hits-dizzee-rascal)

"...
Dizzee Rascal...
San Antonio
August 11, 2009, 7.30pm

Ibiza Rocks Hotel ...

"...
Ibiza Rocks gets Dizzee

It was the fastest-selling Ibiza Rocks event ever -
and probably the loudest.

Over three thousand people - including celebrity visitor Sadie Frost - arrived early
for the sold out gig which featured a triple bill of electro pop, grime and rap,
culminating in the appearance of chart-topping star, Dizzee Rascal.

Just before sunset, the show began.
"He's here every week, he loves it" announced resident DJ Doorly as charismatic
rapper Example bounded across the stage.
Finishing his set on the new holiday romance-themed single
Watch The Sun Come Up was a perfect touch.

Next up were lyricists the Newham Generals, a grime crew who switched up
their usual underground sounds with hands-in-the-air moments.

By the time Dizzee Rascal took to the stage,
the crowd looked all set to tear down the hotel.

Topless and buff under the hot stage lights, Dizzee almost started a war with his call
and response between tracks, and the roar could be heard all the way from Ibiza Town.

Tracks from his forthcoming album - notably a reworking of the Stevie V rave classic
Dirty Cash - were well received, alongside hits like Fix Up Look Sharp and Sirens.
But it was new single Holiday
(which name checks Ibiza and its cool beach bar the Blue Marlin)
which finally tipped the audience over the edge.

There was only one tune fit to end such an incredible set -
Bonkers, of course!
The sea of bodies jumping, the glow of hundreds of phone cameras,
Dizzee throwing shapes on the stage and three thousand smiles
made it a true White Isle moment.

Ibiza may Rock these days -
but dance still knows how to throw a party.
..."
(thesun.co.uk)

@OliverWilm die Nummer Beach Kisses ist wirklich ein Traum!!! ERSTE SAHNE!!
Die macht echt Freude!:D:D:D
Danke Dir dafür.

lgf

"...
Dizzee Rascal eyeing up Prodigy collaboration
Rapper wants to hook up with former touring partners
September 7, 2009

Dizzee Rascal has revealed that he hopes his next collaboration will be
with former touring partners The Prodigy.

The rapper told BBC 6music that, following successful collaborations with Calvin Harris
and Armand Van Helden for previous singles, he saw a hook-up with Liam Howlett's act
as the perfect next step for another dance-influenced release.

"I think a good collaboration would be The Prodigy,"
Dizzee, who supported the band on tour earlier this year, said.
"I've been saying that for a while but I just know for that next level of banging sound
I know I could get that from them.
What Prodigy do, what they've been doing for the past however long,
they are the pinnacle of rave for me."

The rapper is set to release his fourth album, 'Tongue 'N' Cheek', on September 21.
He added that recent visits to Ibiza had helped to shape his dance leanings,
demonstrated by the former Harris-produced Number Ones such as
'Dance Wiv Me' and 'Holiday'.

"I never really liked house
but now I'm older
21dlzki.gif
and I've been to Ibiza ...
21dlzki.gif

21dlzki.gif
"Loads of pretty girls,
21dlzki.gif

21dlzki.gif